PDA

View Full Version : Dan Wheldon memorial race.

big_sw2000
6th December 2011, 13:22
BBC Sport - Dan Wheldon memorial: Jenson Button and Dario Franchitti pay tribute (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/16046911.stm)

Not sure if people can get this outside of the UK.
But a little tribute go cart race to Dan Wheldon, organised by Jony Mowlam.

00steven
6th December 2011, 13:33
A nice gesture by two good guys.

Nikki Katz
6th December 2011, 18:14
I would love to have seen this, but the tickets were limited (oversubscribed in the end) and went for around the same price as F1 tickets, presumably because it's for charity.

MAX_THRUST
6th December 2011, 18:22
Would love to have been there, I'm sure Dan would have loved to be there as well. I'm not a religous man, but in some way i hope he was there. Great to hear so many people got involved and great to hear his family joined in too. Great cause to raise money for to, as his mum is not to well. I really hope everyone involved has been able to deal with Dan's death better with this event and the services held for him. Thanks for posting this....

Nikki Katz
6th December 2011, 18:50
Pffffftttt Look East can't pronounce Franchitti. It's really not that hard! Clearly an exhaustive amount of research carried out for this item...

wedge
8th December 2011, 14:27
I would love to have seen this, but the tickets were limited (oversubscribed in the end) and went for around the same price as F1 tickets, presumably because it's for charity.

Going for about 100 quid when I tried but at least it's going to charity nominated by the Wheldons.