PDA

View Full Version : Drivers who should be put "on probation" next year

zako85
2nd December 2011, 08:38
I think many agree that a lot of drivers have had someone disappointing performance this year, and their teams should consider retiring them if the same form continues in 2012. 2012 will be a make or break for them. Who will they be?

Webber: Mark has had a successful F1 career, despite not winning a WDC. However, this year he had been falling seriously behind Vettel, lost 2nd place to Button, and only narrowly edged Alonso for the 3rd place. Be it for "bad" tires or his lack of motivation, I am sure Red Bull is already looking at its options for 2013.

Barrichello: Alright. Williams cars seem to keep going from bad to worse. We know that a Williams pilot probably doesn't have a chance. But wait, isn't Barrichello there to help develop the car so that it doesn't suck so much? Where is the result? The 2012 car with Renault engine should put an end to the speculation whether he still belongs in F1. (This entry is sort of like beating on a dead horse, I know.)

Raikkonen: There are many question marks. Should he not beat his teammate conclusively, I don't see him staying in F1 past the next year.

Schumacher: Surely, three years should be enough to at least beat Rosberg or accept that you're a past it driver?

Massa: 0 podiums. Handily beaten by Alonso. Enough said.

Hulkenberg: It seems like Force India is on the right track to build a competitive car, which should be reflected in his results.

Maldonado: Good consistency, but slow pace in 2011. A Renault engine surely should help to score more points next time around, but if it doesn't happen, this could be his last season.

555-04Q2
2nd December 2011, 09:07
Barrichello: Alright. Williams cars seem to keep going from bad to worse. We know that a Williams pilot probably doesn't have a chance. But wait, isn't Barrichello there to help develop the car so that it doesn't suck so much? Where is the result? The 2012 car with Renault engine should put an end to the speculation whether he still belongs in F1. (This entry is sort of like beating on a dead horse, I know.)

The problem is no matter how he helps to develope the car, Williams don't have the budget or personnel to improve. Williams as a team is stuck in the past. Until they change, no amount of input from Ruby Baby is going to help.

rjbetty
2nd December 2011, 16:08
Add to that Trulli!
Petrov if he stays
Charles Pic (guess he won't become the first No2 driver to make it more than one season at Marussia? Looks set to repeat the pattern of not having an awfully impressive season, then shown the door and start over yet again with a new driver!)
Definitely Buemi if he stays