PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Indycar Liveries

DanicaFan
25th November 2011, 20:41
Well, I am looking forward to the 2012 racing season and seeing the new cars with the new paint schemes. If you see a new livery, post it here. I will start off by I hope to see Danica in this new ride at the 2012 Indy 500. This is only a rendering, not an actual paint scheme.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/2012GoDaddy.jpg

SarahFan
25th November 2011, 20:47
That's ugly

libra65
26th November 2011, 00:10
You will more than likely see Marco or Ryan Hunter-Reay in that livery.

00steven
26th November 2011, 02:21
I don't think AA will use #7 anymore.

Stuartf12007
26th November 2011, 14:37
IRL should be stopped after the death of Dan Whieldon. IRL has a disgraceful attitude to safety and mostly requires no skill or talent, just keep your steering wheel turned right.

heliocastroneves#3
26th November 2011, 16:15
I think they do, the #7 has already been a car number for the team since 2003, when they joined the Indy Racing League. I think we won't see the #77 next season anyway.

Loneranger
26th November 2011, 16:31
Maybe somebody will actually be able to bring that car to victory lane now!

heliocastroneves#3
26th November 2011, 16:42
I think Mike Conway will get that car, and Conway isn't that strong on ovals btw.

Nem14
26th November 2011, 17:39
That's ugly

+1 ...... Gag me with a spoon!

heliocastroneves#3
26th November 2011, 17:45
And because she's a ****ing NASCAR driver right now, she should have a NASCAR logo on her car.... She doesn't deserve an IZOD IndyCar logo on it, and she doesn't even deserve it to drive that car, and she won't perform great if she's going to to the Indy 500. This is a brand new car, and everyone already has 4 races under their belt while she will struggle a lot with the car, which is for her COMPLETELY new then. She will drive in the back, with the other "Indy 500 only" guys and if she has really bad luck she drives 33rd and last.

heliocastroneves#3
26th November 2011, 19:32
I know what I'm saying isn't right, and I know her stats, as I've been a fan of her until her NASCAR announcement. Let's say I'm still disappointed with her decision. The livery itself is pretty cool though, I wouldn't have done it better.

I think she would be better off if she would do the Charlotte race and leave Indy behind. But if IndyCar would've been oval only in all those years, I think she would've had much better stats then she has now, but I think then still Motegi would've been her lone victory.

DanicaFan
26th November 2011, 20:59
Danica is a champion in whatever series she races in.

Chris R
26th November 2011, 21:22
I am not a big fan of the GoDaddy color scheme - but I think one does a pretty good job of making the most of a fundamentally ugly car.....

I would be pretty surprised if Danica comes back to Indy in 2012 - wouldn't be surprised if she ends up trying to do a Dario in 2013 and also would be surprised if there no open doors at the time....

DF - sorry, she is NOT a champion in the racer's point of view - she has never won a championship of any sort - i understand you REALLY REALLY like her and hold her in very high esteem - but that does not make her a champion in or of any racing series....

SarahFan
26th November 2011, 21:32

That's just a dumb statement

heliocastroneves#3
26th November 2011, 22:22
No it's not. She's a champion in not being a champion. :) But DanicaFan really shows he's a.... Danica fan. :D I like that, however I was more realistic when I was a Danica fan. Honestly, this year when she made it to the top 10, I had no reason to complain. I was happy with a top 10 result. She still finished 10th in the point standings, with just one top 5 finish xD.

If she does a Dario, I would like that. Despite I won't return as a Danica fan, I'm curious how she would be doing with the new car on road courses. I'm now a proud 100% Hélio fan, and I hope everything goes better next year for him... Because Hélio finished BEHIND princess. :( And he SHOULD have won at Milwaukee, sadly nothing went in the right way for Hélio this year. Luckily two second place finishes still showed he's one of the greatest, something which Danica still has to prove.

00steven
27th November 2011, 01:47

Uh-Huh...

garyshell
27th November 2011, 06:57

Champion of what, running around in mid pack rarely challenging anyone for a position? What exactly is YOUR definition of champion that paints such a broad brush to include this mediocre driver?

Gary

Will Rogers
27th November 2011, 13:41
It never ceases to amaze me what people will say when they have no idea what they're talking about...

FIAT1
28th November 2011, 16:25
Either you like or deslike DP ,does not change the fact that fan of Danica posted 2012 LIVERIES tread ,therefore post some creative paint scheme of new cars instead. Im not fan of DP but post is more obout car cosmetics then her racing skill.My opinion.

SarahFan
28th November 2011, 16:36
I don't car who is driving that car.... It's fugly

heliocastroneves#3
28th November 2011, 21:16
I'm good in painting cars via a 3d model, but not via a picture like DanicaFan did. Otherwise I would've loved it to post some of my creations. Those would've been just almost the same skins as they had this year, but then just on the new chassis. But there's one problem; I don't have a 3d model of the new car. I've tried to make it, but I failed. :(

nigelred5
28th November 2011, 23:49
There's a couple guys floating them around over at TF in the liveries thread

SoCalPVguy
29th November 2011, 03:16

Dude ! I WAS going to ask you how they were treating you on the Nascar forums, but after posting "that" - I can guess the good ol' boys reaction.

FACT: Princess has NEVER been a Champion in ANY series she has raced. And I thought I almost missed you. sheesh.

heliocastroneves#3
29th November 2011, 16:00
FACT: Princess has NEVER been a Champion in ANY series she has raced. And I thought I almost missed you. sheesh.

In Toyota Atlantics she even failed to score a single win xD.

Chris R
29th November 2011, 21:28
I enjoy the Danica bashing as much as the next guy - but - c'mon guys - lets see some liveries...... right now just talking about her gives her more "power" than any of the current drivers who are actually going to driver a DW12.....

numanoid
30th November 2011, 17:22
The car looks good in person (to me). I saw the Go Daddy Livery at one of the events in Vegas. Got some pics of it too, but haven't taken them off my camera yet. The colors in the rendering are off and make it look like the Grinch meets Mr. Yuk. The real deal looks a lot brighter and better.

heliocastroneves#3
1st December 2011, 15:33
I enjoy the Danica bashing as much as the next guy - but - c'mon guys - lets see some liveries...... right now just talking about her gives her more "power" than any of the current drivers who are actually going to driver a DW12.....

What about a Danica bash topic?:P

Well, I think Will Power will just have the same car like he had in 2010 and 2011 (Only the chassis is different of course), I expect the same for Dario, Dixon and Kimball. Also the A.J. Foyt Racing car will be the same with the usual ABC Supply Company colors, so will J.R. Hildebrand probably have the same car like he had in 2011 and Wheldon had in 2009 and 2010 when he drove for Panther Racing.

I want to see the Andretti Autosport cars, and I also want to see how Hélio's ride will look. The problem is that as long as Hélio isn't having main sponsor, I can't create a fantasy car.

edv
5th December 2011, 15:47
...She will drive in the back, with the other "Indy 500 only" guys ...
Soo..what kind of 'guy' won the race this year, then?

Dr. Krogshöj
6th December 2011, 14:16
Soo..what kind of 'guy' won the race this year, then?

Not to mention the strong runs of Townsend Bell, Buddy Rice or Bertrand Baguette. In contrast to series regulars, like Andretti, who won three races this year but flopped at Indy.

heliocastroneves#3
6th December 2011, 16:56
In Dan Wheldon's case it was different, because he drove full time from 2003 until 2010, and Baguette also drove a complete season in 2010. Buddy Rice also has been a full time driver from 2003 until 2008 and Bell drove almost a complete season in 2004 (when they only drove on ovals), and is just a talent who simply never has been on the right place at the right time. Would like to see him full time by the way. Would like to say the same about Baguette and Rice. Would Rice be a good replacement for Dan Wheldon?

With Indy 500 only drivers, I mean guys like Jay Howard and Davey Hamilton. I know Hamilton is not the youngest anymore, and he should have won at least some races in the past (he became a vice-champion two times), but I don't expect him driving up front. And yeah.... I simply like it to bash on princess.

MAX_THRUST
6th December 2011, 18:25
How many races did Danica win...........? One wasn't it in Japan, with power steering and the rest of the competive field racing in California at Long Beach. I jest ofcourse. She nearly won the 500, so did Paul Tracy, but their faces aren't on the trophy, only those that win. Has Danica won a championship in feeder series???? Genuine question

booger
6th December 2011, 19:03
I heard that she will have a tramp stamp on the trunk of her cup car at Daytona! If you guys haven't seen hers, it is really ugly. Fortunately, she can't see it!

00steven
7th December 2011, 06:19

Ed Carpenter's ride.