PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton, Button, McLaren Honda What!

jonny hurlock
21st November 2011, 01:31
eyes open, What!

McLaren weigh up Honda switch | The Sun |Sport|Motorsport (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/motorsport/3947633/McLaren-weigh-up-Honda-switch.html)

just a rumour

jonny hurlock
21st November 2011, 01:33
McLaren and Honda « (http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2011/11/18/mclaren-and-honda/)

gloomyDAY
21st November 2011, 07:55
*drool*

jens
21st November 2011, 17:45
Recent developments:
Williams-Renault
Lotus-Renault
McLaren-Honda?

Well...

SGWilko
22nd November 2011, 11:20
Recent developments:
Williams-Renault
Lotus-Renault
McLaren-Honda?

Well...

Is Andrea Moda up for a revival, Leyton House Judd?????

Mark
22nd November 2011, 14:16
That's somewhat surprising, I know they are going to switch away from Mercedes but I'd fully expected them to be producing their own engines by the time the formula changed. Perhaps they are considering Honda as a fallback option or they aren't as far along with their engine development programme as they'd hoped.

SGWilko
22nd November 2011, 14:27
That's somewhat surprising, I know they are going to switch away from Mercedes but I'd fully expected them to be producing their own engines by the time the formula changed. Perhaps they are considering Honda as a fallback option or they aren't as far along with their engine development programme as they'd hoped.

The cost so set up, in house, an F1 engine from scratch is, i think, too much of a financial strain on resources.

Honda makes sense, the KERS etc ticks of lot of boxes for them.....

Knock-on
22nd November 2011, 15:29
Has it been confirmed?

IF there is any truth, it might make sense. McLaren have sucessfully developed what appears to be a rather exceptional road car engine but perhaps the jump to not just a F1 engine but such a different engine may be too risky.

Honda would be an interesting option and a engine manufacturer I would trust.

Mark
22nd November 2011, 20:05
Honda turned into Mercedes and then Mercedes will be swapped for
Honda.

ioan
22nd November 2011, 20:24
Recent developments:
Williams-Renault
Lotus-Renault
McLaren-Honda?

Well...

Looks like marketing is having the upper hand in F1 right now.

ioan
22nd November 2011, 20:25
Has it been confirmed?

IF there is any truth, it might make sense. McLaren have sucessfully developed what appears to be a rather exceptional road car engine but perhaps the jump to not just a F1 engine but such a different engine may be too risky.

Honda would be an interesting option and a engine manufacturer I would trust.

Honda's F1 engine was one of the worst performers in 2008.

ioan
22nd November 2011, 20:34
That doesn't necessarily mean their next engine will be a dud though.

Hopefully not.

Malbec
23rd November 2011, 01:34
Honda's F1 engine was one of the worst performers in 2008.

Their last small capacity turbo V6 F1 engine was a cracker though!

rjbetty
24th November 2011, 21:30
This was reported by the Sun? The same guys who declared Rosberg was set to switch to Ferrari the day before he signed for Mercedes. :P

ioan
24th November 2011, 21:52
Their last small capacity turbo V6 F1 engine was a cracker though!

Mazda did win LeMans once 20 years ago, does that mean they are still top of LMP nowadays?

Ranger
25th November 2011, 04:57
Unlikely. (http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2011/11/is-honda-really-up-for-f1-return-with-mclaren/)