PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Fisher Named Team Principal of Year

garyshell
17th November 2011, 21:36
Nov 17, 2:54 PM (ET)

By The Associated Press

An international racing organization has picked Sarah Fisher its team principal of the year.

Fisher, a longtime IndyCar driver and now team owner, was honored by the Professional MotorSport World Expo on Wednesday night in Cologne, Germany. Fisher beat out three other nominees. The organization presented awards in eight categories.

The 31-year-old Fisher formed a part-time IndyCar team in 2008 and won her first race last month when Ed Carpenter took the title at Kentucky.

Fisher has been one of the most popular personalities in the series for years. She's started the Indy 500 eight times, but left the cockpit this year because she was pregnant. Fisher delivered a baby girl Sept. 13.

My Way - Sports News (http://sports.myway.com/news/11172011/v3610.html)

Gary

SarahFan
18th November 2011, 01:05
Another good day to be SarahFan!!!

SarahFan
18th November 2011, 01:06
And in other news Danica wears a bikini on the godaddy website!!!

Who's your mommmy!!

heliocastroneves#3
18th November 2011, 14:13
Never have been a real fan of her, but Sarah is a great person. She deserves it!

Chris R
18th November 2011, 15:49
I know flash sells - (bikini on GoDaddy) - but when they are both old and grey there are going to be a whole bunch more people who remember Sarah's contributions to racing and her efforts to be a good team owner and all around good egg than remember Danica's swimsuit issue.....

garyshell
18th November 2011, 16:35
I know flash sells - (bikini on GoDaddy) - but when they are both old and grey there are going to be a whole bunch more people who remember Sarah's contributions to racing and her efforts to be a good team owner and all around good egg than remember Danica's swimsuit issue.....

If you had said "there are going to be a whole bunch more RACING people who remember Sarah's contributions" I'd agree, but sadly for the public at large I fear Danica is going to be the one folks remember.

Gary

heliocastroneves#3
18th November 2011, 21:51
Yup, Danica will be remembered as the girl with superduper equipment and only one win and six (?) podiums in her whole career xD.

Chris R
19th November 2011, 01:18
If you had said "there are going to be a whole bunch more RACING people who remember Sarah's contributions" I'd agree, but sadly for the public at large I fear Danica is going to be the one folks remember.

Gary

fair enough - so the reality of the matter is nobody is going to remember either one because Danica is very "now" - all of her sex and marketing appeal is based on looks and age not results and skill - I do not see the public remembering her more than 10 years after she retires....

beachgirl
19th November 2011, 03:04
Why, why why was this one more thread about someone other than Danica which immediately devolved into bringing Danica into it? Danica has absolutely NOTHING to do with the original topic of this thread.

Sarah received a trememdous award, voted on by international people. Why can't this thread stay on topic and discuss Sarah's success and achievement?

SarahFan
19th November 2011, 05:25
Because I wanted go take a swipe at Danica