PDA

View Full Version : Racism? - Just shake hands and get over it!

Knock-on
17th November 2011, 09:01
BBC Sport - Sepp Blatter says on-pitch racism can be resolved with handshake (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15757165.stm)

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has said football does not have a problem with racism on the field, and any incidents should be settled by a handshake.

The Football Association is probing two cases of alleged racism in England.

"There is no racism [on the field], but maybe there is a word or gesture that is not correct," Blatter told CNN. "The one affected by this should say this is a game and shake hands."

It's about time the major sponsors took the decision to withdraw their backing from FIFA if Blatter remains in power because that's the only way to remove him.

Mark
17th November 2011, 10:16
He's becoming a liability for football. Worse than Max Mosley was!

Radio 1 said in the news 'is racism ever acceptable in sport, let us know'

Yeah; cos there's some sports where racism is perfectly fine :rolleyes:

Andrewmcm
17th November 2011, 10:22
Imagine if the words racing and racism were exchanged. We'd all be fans of motor racism. Everyone would be complaining that Sepp Blatter believes that racing is acceptable in football.

Ah the joy of word play.

CaptainRaiden
17th November 2011, 12:38
Well, I guess there would have to be a lot of handshakes here: FARE Network • News (http://www.farenet.org/default.asp?intPageID=7&intArticleID=545)

http://www.farenet.org/images/news/Crows%20Antonescu%20solution%20Dinamo%20vs%20FC%20 Rapid.jpg

Banner at Dinamo Bucuresti vs. FC Rapid Bucuresti saying “One million crows, one solution : Antonescu”. Maresal Antonescu was responsible for the death of thousands of Jews and Roma during World War II.

These idiots actually wish for a genocide, AND idolizing a known Nazi mass murderer. Do they even understand or know what they're wishing for?

Knock-on
17th November 2011, 14:17
You've got to hand it to Blatter. He has finally managed to unite the world of Football behind a common Goal; the call for his resignation :D

gadjo_dilo
17th November 2011, 14:31
Well, I guess there would have to be a lot of handshakes here: FARE Network • News (http://www.farenet.org/default.asp?intPageID=7&intArticleID=545)

http://www.farenet.org/images/news/Crows%20Antonescu%20solution%20Dinamo%20vs%20FC%20 Rapid.jpg

These idiots actually wish for a genocide, AND idolizing a known Nazi mass murderer. Do they even understand or know what they're wishing for?

That's strange....
Rapid's fans aren't bothered by such comments. Still you are.
Anyway they understand our history better than you. :laugh:

wedge
17th November 2011, 15:31
Heat of the moment its possible to say something that you definitely regret.

Years ago I had a sexual relationship with an African-American woman and one time I was, err, over-enthusiastic with my dirty talk and referred to her as "a black w***e".

CaptainRaiden
17th November 2011, 15:54
That's strange....
Rapid's fans aren't bothered by such comments. Still you are.
Anyway they understand our history better than you. :laugh:

Eh? Care to elaborate?

What does Romania's history have anything to do with that picture? Are you again denying the fact that those people holding that banner aren't Romanians? :laugh:

Well, what do you say about this then? Source here: FARE Network • News (http://www.farenet.org/default.asp?intPageID=7&intArticleID=545)

Only last week Craiova mayor Antonie Solomon was blaming the black and Roma players of FC Universitatea Craiova's for being responsible for the club's situation.

In interview with Realitatae TV he said: ”With all those players recruited over the internet and all these crows - which if I put them in the zoo and showed them to kids saying look at the monkeys they wouldn’t see any difference.” In Romania crows is used as a derogatory term for Roma and black players.

As farenet.org reported, racist incidences have increased in Romanian football over the past months.

Steaua Bucharest's stadium speaker was fined for making racist comments during the derby against Rapid Bucharest earlier this month.

That is so sophisticated and educated thing for a "Mayor" to say. I'm guessing what the "Mayor" said is regarded as funny in some circles.

And let me guess the reply beforehand. "They're joking. You don't understand our history, you don't understand our sense of humor."

SGWilko
17th November 2011, 16:06
Heat of the moment its possible to say something that you definitely regret.

Years ago I had a sexual relationship with an African-American woman and one time I was, err, over-enthusiastic with my dirty talk and referred to her as "a black w***e".

My dirty talk normally stretches to "these sheets'll need washing" after the event....... ;)

Knock-on
17th November 2011, 16:21
My dirty talk normally stretches to "these sheets'll need washing" after the event....... ;)

Or, "not until you shower" :laugh:

SGWilko
17th November 2011, 16:25
Or, "not until you shower" :laugh:

I keep a clothes peg for just such occasions..... :laugh:

CaptainRaiden
17th November 2011, 16:25

Mine is more of a question. "Is the cat in this room?" :hmph:

I think this explains my "dirty talk" better: :p

http://www.roflcat.com/images/cats/Dirty_Cat_Likes_To_Watch.jpg

gadjo_dilo
18th November 2011, 07:42
Eh? Care to elaborate?

What does Romania's history have anything to do with that picture? Are you again denying the fact that those people holding that banner aren't Romanians? :laugh:

Well, what do you say about this then? Source here: FARE Network • News (http://www.farenet.org/default.asp?intPageID=7&intArticleID=545)

That is so sophisticated and educated thing for a "Mayor" to say. I'm guessing what the "Mayor" said is regarded as funny in some circles.

And let me guess the reply beforehand. "They're joking. You don't understand our history, you don't understand our sense of humor."

No wonder you already guessed my thoughts. Aren't you my "dost"? :laugh:

Now seriously:
Of course I'm not in denial of the facts. But the "Antonescu solution" is a really old joke. Tell such a thing to a "crow" and I assure you he'll not be offended. Besides, Antonescu's personality was more complex than you think - a mixture of light and shadow. Some think of him as a criminal but at the same time some say he was a hero. I think that before you label him as a " Nazi mass murderer" you should read the opinions of serious historians. Maybe you'll find out that after 1942 he refused deportation of jews, that the deportation in Transnistria in 1941 was a sort of punishment for the jews who supported the red army against our troops, that the jews from the so called "kingdom" weren't deported, that at 23 August 1944 when he was arrested the biggest jewish community in Europe was in Romania, that he wasn't a "Nazi ", etc., etc.

The funniest thing about that banner can't be seen in the picture. If only you could be at the stadium and see the faces of the owners. Definitely they weren't white. :laugh:

There's no team with such great fans as Rapid but it's a fact that the team is associated with gipsies ( BTW, have you ever been in Giulesti? :laugh: ). They probably have the dirtiest mouths but you can't be angry with them. The association with crows is already a common thing and part of galleries teasing but Rapid have tougher replies for their enemies.

As for the Mayor of Craiova ( which ironically is another gypsy mafia fief ), I only may ask why he is reelected and is so loved despite so many corruption allegations...... :laugh:

CaptainRaiden
18th November 2011, 08:23
No wonder you already guessed my thoughts. Aren't you my "dost"? :laugh:

:D

Now seriously:
Of course I'm not in denial of the facts. But the "Antonescu solution" is a really old joke. Tell such a thing to a "crow" and I assure you he'll not be offended. Besides, Antonescu's personality was more complex than you think - a mixture of light and shadow. Some think of him as a criminal but at the same time some say he was a hero. I think that before you label him as a " Nazi mass murderer" you should read the opinions of serious historians. Maybe you'll find out that after 1942 he refused deportation of jews, that the deportation in Transnistria in 1941 was a sort of punishment for the jews who supported the red army against our troops, that the jews from the so called "kingdom" weren't deported, that at 23 August 1944 when he was arrested the biggest jewish community in Europe was in Romania, that he wasn't a "Nazi ", etc., etc.

I didn't know he was so similar to Oscar Schindler! :laugh:

So, are you saying that he wasn't really anti-semetic and racist, he didn't do all the things that this wiki link describes? - Ion Antonescu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ion_Antonescu)

After entering Romania into an alliance with Nazi Germany and the Axis and ensuring Adolf Hitler's confidence, he eliminated the Guard during the Legionary Rebellion of 1941. In addition to leadership of the executive, he assumed the offices of Foreign Affairs and Defense Minister. Soon after Romania joined the Axis in Operation Barbarossa, recovering Bessarabia and Northern Bukovina, Antonescu also became Marshal of Romania.

An atypical figure among Holocaust perpetrators, Antonescu enforced policies independently responsible for the deaths of as many as 400,000 people, most of them Bessarabian, Ukrainian and Romanian Jews, as well as Romani Romanians. The regime's complicity in the Holocaust combined pogroms and mass murders such as the Odessa massacre with ethnic cleansing, systematic deportations to occupied Transnistria and widespread criminal negligence. The system in place was nevertheless characterized by singular inconsistencies, prioritizing plunder over killing, showing leniency toward most Jews in the Old Kingdom, and ultimately refusing to adopt the Final Solution as applied throughout Nazi-occupied Europe.

So, my point is that this guy is a known genocidiary (sp?), and committed genocide against almost half a million people in the name of "ethnic cleansing." Hey, I'm okay with on-the-edge jokes, but I don't know how a lot of Jews might feel if you hold up a banner saying "13 million Jews, one solution: Hitler."

The funniest thing about that banner can't be seen in the picture. If only you could be at the stadium and see the faces of the owners. Definitely they weren't white. :laugh:

Owners of the flag, or owners of the club whose fans were holding the flag or owners of the opposing club? I don't understand. :D

As for the rest of it, I do believe that there's a problem of racism in Romania. So far I've read, seen and experienced enough to come to this conclusion. I'm not branding the whole country as racist, I've met some wonderful people. But the sad fact is that there are a few people, which arguably are giving your country a bad name. And people can ignore it and call it funny, but the truth is it remains a problem and is not funny for a lot of people.

See this link for example: Large Number Of Romanian Teens 'Racist' And 'Anti-Semitic': Poll (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/13/romania-racism-teens-_n_848747.html)

gadjo_dilo
18th November 2011, 10:43
:D

I didn't know he was so similar to Oscar Schindler! :laugh:

So, are you saying that he wasn't really anti-semetic and racist, he didn't do all the things that this wiki link describes? - Ion Antonescu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ion_Antonescu)

So, my point is that this guy is a known genocidiary (sp?), and committed genocide against almost half a million people in the name of "ethnic cleansing." Hey, I'm okay with on-the-edge jokes, but I don't know how a lot of Jews might feel if you hold up a banner saying "13 million Jews, one solution: Hitler."

Owners of the flag, or owners of the club whose fans were holding the flag or owners of the opposing club? I don't understand. :D

As for the rest of it, I do believe that there's a problem of racism in Romania. So far I've read, seen and experienced enough to come to this conclusion. I'm not branding the whole country as racist, I've met some wonderful people. But the sad fact is that there are a few people, which arguably are giving your country a bad name. And people can ignore it and call it funny, but the truth is it remains a problem and is not funny for a lot of people.

See this link for example: Large Number Of Romanian Teens 'Racist' And 'Anti-Semitic': Poll (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/13/romania-racism-teens-_n_848747.html)

My dost, I'm not in the mood to argue again with you. It's weekend, it's a sunny day and I have some money to spend. I know that my gipsy neighbours will ruin my joy by throwing again their garbage under my window and playing their music loud but I'll continue to speak politely with them, using the 2nd person-plural form although I can't stand them.
You seem to have an issue with racism. I only wonder if there is a problem in your country about the skin colour. My mother is a fan of an indian soap - don't know exactly the original title, the one with a song like "bidaai, bidaai, bidaaiiiiiiii". Watched some episodes and seen the troubles of a dark girl who's in love and her lover's mother don't accept her because she's dark, weep, weep, what a drama....

CaptainRaiden
18th November 2011, 11:57
You seem to have an issue with racism. I only wonder if there is a problem in your country about the skin colour. My mother is a fan of an indian soap - don't know exactly the original title, the one with a song like "bidaai, bidaai, bidaaiiiiiiii". Watched some episodes and seen the troubles of a dark girl who's in love and her lover's mother don't accept her because she's dark, weep, weep, what a drama....

Are you okay? I hope the weekend didn't start early. :p And of course I have a problem with it, I've faced it, in your country more so than any place else. I have lived in India, USA, UK, France and Romania, and never have I seen such blatant racism as in Romania. I never denied there is no racism in India, there is, lots of it. However, you either are completely oblivious to the fact that there is racism in Romania or just aren't accepting it point blank or are living in denial for whatever reason. Maybe when you get back from your weekend, you'll give your opinion on these football related incidents:

Daouda fed up with racism in Romanian football (http://www.farenet.org/default.asp?intPageID=7&intArticleID=545)

Universitatea Craiova's defender Mariko Daouda from Ivory Coast said he considers to quit the Romanian premier division club after he has been racially abused.

23 year old Daouda told Reuters "I'm disgusted with Romania," after bottom club Craiova drew 1-1 at CFR Cluj. "In Romania you are considered good or bad judging by the colour of your skin but not for what you manage to do on the pitch," Daouda said.

"Supporters are insulting me during the games and my wife on the street."

Racism against Mario Balotelli (http://www.farenet.org/default.asp?intPageID=7&intArticleID=2324)

Last night’s friendly match between Italy and Romania was marred by racist incidents directed at Mario Balotelli. These incidents were reported widely by international media from Europe to North America and across the Southern Hemisphere.

The abuse in the form of monkey noises and booing was disappointing and truly shocking as all such incidents are.

Bucharest derby marred by anti-Gypsy abuse (http://www.farenet.org/default.asp?intPageID=7&intArticleID=538)

http://www.farenet.org/images/news/MoriTigane.jpg

In 2002 Dinamo fans displayed at a match against Rapid Bucharest a banner saying "More Tigane" („Death to Gypsies̶)

The National Council for Combating Discrimination (NCCD) – the main partner of the FARE network in Romania – announced today to sanction FC Steaua Bucharest with a fine of 40 Million Lei (1100 &#8364 ;) following the racist abuse at the league match against FC Rapid (0:0).
In addition, Steaua stadium speaker who called the Rapid coach Razvan Lucescu a “miserable Gypsy” has been fined 550 € (20 Million Lei).

During the entire game played on 13 April 2005 in front of 25.000 spectators Steaua supporters proliferated anti-Gypsy chants and abuses against FC Rapid, a club largely supported by the Roma community in Bucharest. Among others Steaua fans chanted “We have always hated gypsies, we have always urinated on you”.
Instigation to violence and explicit hate speech against Roma came also from the stadium speaker, Gabi Safta. During half-time one of the most racist Romanian songs called “Gypsyies and UFO” was transmitted via the PA systems at the Steaua stadium.

I wonder if Blatter looks at these and still thinks these can be forgotten with a "handshake". :laugh: