PDA

View Full Version : Gavin Smith

Alfa Fan
22nd March 2007, 18:57
He's going to end up in one of the Arkas Racing Astra Sport Hatches isn't he?

For someone so well backed (paid for VXR seat for past 2 years) I'm surprised we've yet to hear his plans for the coming season.

daz90
22nd March 2007, 19:08
Are Vauxhall not running three cars this year?

Sorry if that seems a dumb question, but i must admit i havn't realy kept an upto date interest this winter.

BTCC2
22nd March 2007, 19:45
No they aren't.

PDS
22nd March 2007, 19:53
No they aren't.

Said with confidence!!!

I hope your not a betting man!

Never say never!

BTCC2
22nd March 2007, 19:56
I am a betting man.

I am willing to bet 24p that there will be no 3rd Vauxhall. :D

PDS
22nd March 2007, 23:19
I am a betting man.

I am willing to bet 24p that there will be no 3rd Vauxhall. :D

That's a lot of money to loose!

ADnet
23rd March 2007, 02:45
Vauxhall haven't entered a third car on the official entry list, but they may still want to towards the end of the season if they're in top spot.

As for gavin at arkas, it was said on another thread about there being a high price for a seat there, maybe thats a contributing factor?

TCuns
23rd March 2007, 12:58
Plenty more deserving, apart from a couple of strong races, he wasn't that great. I know that Astra Sport Hatch was never as strong as the old astra coupe but still, should have on a race in 05 when the car was more competitive.

Iain
23rd March 2007, 18:11
As for gavin at arkas, it was said on another thread about there being a high price for a seat there, maybe thats a contributing factor?

He paid an awful lot of money for the two years at Vauxhall, so I can't see that being the issue.

Robinho
23rd March 2007, 19:04
perhaps thats the problem, perhaps there isn't a lot of money left for racing. the plan could have been to fund a couple of years in a top seat and then get picked up on talent for a drive?

Big Boonster
23rd March 2007, 19:59
Tell you on Monday after Clio testing as seeing Gavin's Dad there. Money running out? Don't think so, their business in Ireland is huge, plus big into property as well .........

The Ripper
26th March 2007, 02:03
Be fantastic to see Gav out proving his worth & silencing critics.

Neil Adams
26th March 2007, 10:18
he only finished a few points behind chilton last year. i think hes developed into a very good driver.

At snetterton when the rear suspension had broke he was still lapping quicker than kizilirmak.

Big Boonster
26th March 2007, 23:22
Options are possibly Dynamics 3rd car possibly Integra to start, Civic later, but not out for first round.......you heard it here first (but if it does not happen dont say I said this!)

tisme
27th March 2007, 00:24
I think we have more chance of seeing three Xero cars before 3 Civics!

Big Boonster
27th March 2007, 12:00
Ahh but I said Teg first....they have 4 Civic shells...

Ian McC
27th March 2007, 20:50
You would of thought that if he was going to buy a seat he would of done it by now.

Alfa Fan
8th April 2007, 20:01
Gavin Smith is in negotiations with Team Dynamics and West Surrey Racing to race in the BTCC this season.

Ur not a salmon
8th April 2007, 20:37
Care to tell us the source (which I have seen myself) and not make it sound like you know things other people dont? :rolleyes:

VkmSpouge
8th April 2007, 21:39
It says on Gavin Smith's website:

"After two years with Triple Eight and Vauxhall, it is important that I remain with a professional, race winning team this year and if I have to wait for that opportunity, I am prepared to do so. I have been speaking regularly to both Steve Neal at Dynamics and Dick Bennett's at WSR and would be happy to drive for either when the opportunity arises."

BTCC2
8th April 2007, 23:09
Hope he gets out. Will be interesting to see how he competes in a slightly more competetive car tan the Sport Hatch.

If he does appear I think it will be with RAC, as Halfords will be more concerned about getting there 2 cars competetive than building a 3rd Civic. Unless they run him in an Integra.

Captain VXR
9th April 2007, 10:13
Especially as the borrowed 320si from Sweden may still be in RAC colours, it's for sale and may still be in the UK

Winchester
9th April 2007, 16:14
I saw Gavin in the paddock at Brands chatting to the VXR mechanics. Guessing he was there to watch his brother in the Clios but guess he could have been putting irons in a few fires up and down the pits...