PDA

View Full Version : Dhabi of the Day!

Dave B
13th November 2011, 15:45
It genuinely pains me to say this, and I may be slightly sick in my mouth, but for me it's Alonso. He took a car which was by no means the quickest and wrung everything he could out of it. After his no-nonsense pass on Button he was always piling the pressure on Hamilton, and is a class above his hapless team mate.

Hamilton was flawless, and perhaps lucky that Vettel wasn't a threat beyond the first few hundred yards; Button did all he could without KERS for the first half of the race.

Robinho
13th November 2011, 15:54
Hamilton looked back to his best when presented with a chance to win. Alonso again, looked excellent and kept on it all through the race. Button I thought did exceptionally to maintain 3rd with no KERS and battling with Webber and Massa.

Rosberg mention for a strong 6th and Kobyashi for a strong 10th all did well

jens
13th November 2011, 16:08
Hamilton and Alonso for running away from others and making full use of their machinery.
Rosberg for outpacing Schumacher this time and threatening Massa in the end.
Sutil for another strong drive, solid points and threatening Schumi in the end. Seriously, I'd rather see this guy in Ferrari next year than completely out of F1.
Kobayashi for a good drive after a long time - and a point from a poor grid position.

N4D13
13th November 2011, 17:22
Hamilton - he drove just like Vettel, which is the best thing you can say about a racing driver this day.

Alonso and Button get honorable mentions, ofc.

N. Jones
13th November 2011, 19:16
I agree with those who picked Alonso. It was weird seeing him so fast though. It looked to me like he found speed as soon as Vettel was out, as if he had a reason to drive fast again...

F1boat
13th November 2011, 20:16
Hamilton and Alonso. Pity that Seb couldn't show his pace in the race, though...

tfp
13th November 2011, 20:44
Driver - Hamilton, a flawless drive.
Donkey? Probably Vettel for going from winning almost every race this season then crashing on the first lap :p :

truefan72
14th November 2011, 03:22
yup

kfzmeister
14th November 2011, 05:54
Alonso, hands down. Put the Ford on the podium again!

Ranger
14th November 2011, 08:08
Alonso never looked at any point through the weekend like he would be in contention for victory and yet he was there come Sunday - Driver of the race.

It would be a remarkable achievement if he is able to secure 2nd in the WDC.

The Black Knight
14th November 2011, 08:32
Alonso by a country mile. I couldn't say that Hamilton looked back to his best. He did a great job but he still didn't seem like the Hamilton of old to me.

Button did a great job too considering his KERS issues.

DexDexter
14th November 2011, 08:34
Alonso did a great job, so did Heikki Kovalainen who was about a minute ahead of his teammate and was battling with the old teams throughout the race.

Knock-on
14th November 2011, 11:21
Hamilton drove a flawless race. He controlled the pace and never looked like making a mistake.

Then we had Nico. While the faithful on here are claiming that Schumy is back to his best, Rosberg handed him his ass at the beginning of the race and then just left him.

But, the driver of the day was Alonso for me. The Ferrari is no slouch but he certainly got every ounce out of it.

The Black Knight
14th November 2011, 11:36
Hamilton drove a flawless race. He controlled the pace and never looked like making a mistake.

Then we had Nico. While the faithful on here are claiming that Schumy is back to his best, Rosberg handed him his ass at the beginning of the race and then just left him.

But, the driver of the day was Alonso for me. The Ferrari is no slouch but he certainly got every ounce out of it.

Schumacher certainly isn't back to his best and probably never will be. He has improved though. Schumacher had issues trhoughout the race and in qualifying. The gap would not have been that much under normal circumstances.

Knock-on
14th November 2011, 16:56
We really should offer a bit more recognition to Jenson after reading this:

McLaren amazed by KERS-less Jenson Button's Abu Dhabi drive - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96215)

ioan
14th November 2011, 19:03
Alonso for keeping it close to the faster McLaren.

wedge
15th November 2011, 12:26
Kovy