PDA

View Full Version : Massa out, Rosberg in?

rjbetty
8th November 2011, 20:38
Hi everyone, just saw this and came here for more info.

Nico Rosberg set to replace Felipe Massa at Ferrari | The Sun |Sport|Motorsport (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/motorsport/3915638/Nico-Rosberg-set-to-replace-Felipe-Massa-at-Ferrari.html)

I can't find any threads about it here so I've made one.

Don't know how reliable this is though. No sources are mentioned or anything, and it's from the Sun who historically haven't been known as the most reliable and truthful news source...

jens
8th November 2011, 21:25
Rosberg to Ferrari was a very vague rumour and this is certainly not "set to happen" in 2012.

From Rosberg's perspective I have been wondering about the Ferrari v Mercedes dilemma (more in the perspective of 2013 and onwards, when the contracts of Massa and others are up). Alonso would be an extremely difficult team-mate, but Ferrari is a better car at the moment. But Mercedes has hired quite a few people to improve their fortunes in the future. So from my personal point of view even though MB has had a disappointing season, I would commit to MB just a bit longer to see, how will their future challengers pan out. After all Ferrari is not Red Bull, who is set to (now we can use that expression :p :) design pace-setting cars of F1. But as contracts are up only after 2012, it will give Rosberg some evaluation time of the possible progress of Mercedes next year - and then decide.

N4D13
8th November 2011, 21:47
The source is The Sun, so perhaps there's not much more to say about this.

rjbetty
8th November 2011, 22:08
The source is The Sun, so perhaps there's not much more to say about this.

Ha, I think that's right. Also, Jenson was supposed to be going to Ferrari too, but I never believed he would.

TheFamousEccles
8th November 2011, 23:17
It would be cool if he did, but it may make more problems than it solves - would he let Fred by when ordered? Heaven forbid he be faster than Fred...

F1boat
9th November 2011, 07:14
I don't think that he is better than Massa... Felipe at least had two very strong seasons, Nico is unproven and may be like Fisichella...

The Black Knight
9th November 2011, 08:20
From what I can from that column the whole root of the story appears to be a comment from David Coulthard. This may happen in 2013 but it won't happen next year. Di Montezemolo reaffirmed during the week that Felipe would be driving for Ferrari in 2012. 2013 might be a different story, however, from what I can tell, that article is mainly smoke and mirrors.

intheway
9th November 2011, 10:08
From what I can from that column the whole root of the story appears to be a comment from David Coulthard.

Yep, classic tactic - take some off-the-cuff comment, and write an article about it as a sensational fact, subtly hiding the quote reference somewhere down the bottom. The the next blog/website leaves the quote reference out altogether. "Fact" born.

Knock-on
9th November 2011, 11:29
Perhaps Nico and Massa will swap. Schumy needs someone to make him look good :D

Seriously, this isn't even an intelligent guess from The Sun. Pure fabrication.

Nikki Katz
9th November 2011, 18:00
I imagine they didn't have any proper stories so they just made this one up. The Sun rarely get anything right, with the possible exception of spoilers for soaps.

Dave B
10th November 2011, 07:30
Rosberg reportedly confirmed this morning at Merc for 2011/12 so definitely BS from the Sun.

The Black Knight
10th November 2011, 08:14
Yep, it's confirmed, Rosberg will be at the Mercedes team until at least the end of 2013. If the Sun had any shame their faces would be red now. If only they had waited an extra day.

Nico Rosberg extends Mercedes contract | Mercedes | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1 (http://en.espnf1.com/mercedes/motorsport/story/63741.html)

Dave B
10th November 2011, 09:16
D'oh I meant 12/13! I forgot which year we're already in.... :s

kfzmeister
10th November 2011, 17:31
Yep, it's confirmed, Rosberg will be at the Mercedes team until at least the end of 2013. [/url]

Looks like quite a bit longer than that!

..Rosberg was already under contract for 2012, but the new deal adds a “multi-year” term to that, likely to be three years from 2013 onwards with options

redhorsefan122
11th November 2011, 09:51
hi well i think a lot of people have been giving massa a hard time ?
car aint that great this year
they should start working on 2012
new car first then confirm drivers
they should have snapped up seb ??? by that i mean they ie ferrari
he was coming to the end of his contract ? ferrari did,nt move quick enough and then he is secured at red bull ?
ferrari had the chance to get him ?

AndyL
11th November 2011, 10:51
hi well i think a lot of people have been giving massa a hard time ?

Looking at the drivers' championship points table provides quite a strong justification for that.