PDA

View Full Version : Joe frazier

driveace
8th November 2011, 09:55
"Smoking "oe Frazier dies this morning ,after being admitted to a Hospice in the USA
R.I.P. joe, great guy

CaptainRaiden
8th November 2011, 09:59
The first man to ever beat Muhammed Ali. The world of boxing lost a legend to cancer today.

R.I.P Joe.

libra65
9th November 2011, 00:13
He will surely missed here in the Philadelphia area as he was very involved in the community. Joe never forgot his roots. RIP Smokin' Joe.

airshifter
9th November 2011, 00:22
Shame to see him gone. I remember him being in the local parades when I was a kid. We lived in the same area he was born in.

race aficionado
9th November 2011, 03:21
As a blatant Muhammad Ali fan, I will never ever forget when Smokin' Joe rattled the Champ and sent him to the ground.
It was a shocker . . . . and I will also never forget the "Thrilla in Manila" where Ali got his "two out of three" victory against Joe Frazier.
Ali later announced,
"He is the greatest fighter of all times, next to me."

:s mokin:

Garry Walker
9th November 2011, 18:13
A sad loss to boxing.

Jag_Warrior
9th November 2011, 18:30
Sad to see a(nother) legend leave us. I was always more of an Ali fan. But without Joe Frazier (and Foreman), Ali wouldn't have been Ali. It's funny how heavyweight champions used to be some of the most famous people in the world. But now days, I couldn't tell you who the champion is if you held a gun to my head. Ali said that he shook up the world when he beat Liston. But I think he, Frazier and Foreman shook up the world for a couple of decades. Now it's quiet again.

R.I.P. Mr. Frazier