PDA

View Full Version : Some questions for Indy Car fans.

Savantas
8th November 2011, 00:43
Hey,
I'm here to collect information for an assignment in my Public Relations course at Indiana University. This isn't spam and you obviously have absolutely no obligation to fill this out. Below I'm going to post a few questions and the link to a simple and short survey. None of this will be used for monetary gain and the only benefit to me is more in-depth information for my project. Thanks for your time,

Sarah

-What are your thoughts on some of the recent changes made by IndyCar and what are your thoughts, if any, about the new CEO?

-How often do you attend Oval Races and what do you think it would take to get more people interested in attending them?

-How do you feel about IndyCar in general and do you think there are any ways it could be improved?

IndyCar Survey (http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9FY9VV2)

nigelred5
8th November 2011, 13:29
The CEO was hired from outside of hte racing industry by the family because he was an experienced promoter and was unfortunately told to trust some folks THEY have trusted over the years.... Unfortunately he has in too many instances followed his employers advice and listened to the wrong voices. He has done things that needed to be done. Have they always been done on the best way possible.. I'll answere with a subjective no. He is working with what he has. Hopefully the George family will allow him to make necessary personnel changes any effective CEO would make. Overall I think he has made very positive changes to Indycar and I fully support him staying on as CEO.

No current Indycar oval races within my region I am able to afford to travel to, so I haven't been to one in 4 years. PROMOTION. People dont attend races they don't know about.

Cautiously optomistic. They need to realize where they are, have realistic growth expectations in a HORRIBLE economy, and make slow steady progress. Race at tracks and venues where they can afford to, with equipment they can afford.

FIAT1
8th November 2011, 15:02
- CEO is fine. Remove idiots who whisper in his ear, like bb,tg etc. and hire best in buisness for racing, tv and promotion.

- Ovals = boring, but it would be better if they are proper ovals for Indycars.

- Indycar has to go back to the roots and build fastest, sophisticated racing machines. Racing cars where engineers, aero tech and every other aspect of real competition and inovation can show their talent. Racing cars that make stars not dumb downed tractors that anyone can drive. Racing cars that made Indycar and fans that respect and love real competition on highest level and admire skill of people who conquer.

numanoid
9th November 2011, 01:57
I think the CEO is doing a good job overall. Lots of room for improvement but I think he is clearly investing a lot of time and personal effort to make the series successful.

Within the last few years, for me, the oval races have been much more exciting than the road and street courses, with certain exceptions. Promotion is without a doubt the missing component to most oval races. I attended 2 ovals this year, Milwaukee and Vegas. They were night and day comparisons. Milwaukee had horrible promotion, had no special events, etc. Vegas was packed with special events that were to span 5 days. I attended events on 4 separate days and it was fantastic.

I think Indycar is great. The drivers' personalities are a big part of the series. I hope the new cars and new rules can bring out more competition. I think there needs to be a balance between ovals and non-ovals. More teams need to be in the series and they need to be competitive.

champcarray
15th November 2011, 20:17
1. I don't have a strong opinion about the CEO. I think he has helped stop the free fall, but he inherited a series in terrible shape...

2. We attended the race at New Hampshire and had a good time. We hadn't been there since the last CART race at the track in the mid 90s and were pleased with improvements made to the facility over the years. (Except for the infield restaurant, which is still terrible!) We spent most of our time in the paddock and pits -- really enjoyed checking out the cars, chatting with some of the drivers, and getting autographs. We would've appreciated more things for our 11 year old daughter to do. We think it would be great for ovals to include fun racing-related activities behind the main grandstands, such as slot cards, radio controlled cars, even go-karts.

3. I followed CART and greatly enjoyed multiple chassis and engines. The series is taking steps in that direction and I hope it can regain that diversity and lure even more talented drivers. In the end, I like innovation and I think that was and remains key to capturing the attention of younger fans. This is America and we're always looking for the next big thing. "Apple fans" don't want to watch 10-year old cars racing against each other: they crave new and exciting! The new car is not particularly attractive and I can only hope the aero kits liven them up.