PDA

View Full Version : An IRL prototype

Mr. Mister
7th November 2011, 15:07
In 2016, there will be another new vehicle for the Indy Racing League. I have a preliminary design I would like to show to you.

You see, the IRL has always been about combining F1 and sprint cars, so that influenced my design. I want an IRL car that can run well on the many types of circuits: paved ovals (.5 miles to 2.5 miles in length), concrete ovals (.1 miles indoors to 1.33 miles outdoors), dirt ovals (.25 miles to 1.0 miles), clay ovals (.25 miles to .5 miles), Talladega (2.66 miles), a 4-mile oval in China, and boardwalk ovals (.1 miles to 1.0 miles which would be a new track designed by Rusty Wallace hopefully).

So you need the right car. This, to me, is the right car for the IRL.

http://i.imgur.com/ZE2C6.jpg

You see, the three fastest cars in the world in order is 1) sprint cars, 2) IRL cars, 3) F1 cars (if they ran ovals they would go faster). So I took those three and made them one satisfactory whole. You will also see I have great regard for safety in my design. The Dallara tub has proven to be something of an "old faithful" figure in the IRL. It has protected many and there's no reason to replace it. The sprint car wing and roll cage will make it safer if cars get airborne. The big rear wing will keep the cars grounded. The big rear tires will help overtaking which will make the racing safer because if cars are passing each other, they are not running into the backs of each other.

What do you think about this IRL car? Can't you just see Jeff Ward pulling those belts tight and strapping in to one of these puppies for a big race inside the Dunkin Donuts Center, on the high banks of Indianapolis (I heard NASCAR was going to add 40° of progressive banking; that's exciting!), the tunnel turn of Pocono, the dirt of Eldora, etc.? I sure can, and I like that feeling. I'd like to feel it again I would think.

The 2016 IRL promises to be the best IRL yet!

SoCalPVguy
7th November 2011, 15:15
again, very nice satire. LOL

SarahFan
7th November 2011, 15:58
Mister...

I'm fairly certain by 2016 We will have 6-8 engine manufactures and have turbo, N/A as well as Deisel and electric engines..

I'm very curious how that car will look without the air intake above/behind the driver

heliocastroneves#3
7th November 2011, 16:17
And how do we know it will be IRL again in 2016? I think it will be still called IndyCar then.

Lousada
7th November 2011, 16:46
Brilliant :p

7th November 2011, 18:21
And how do we know it will be IRL again in 2016? I think it will be still called IndyCar then.

Why do you want the IRL to die so much? It provides the best racing on the world.

I wish IRL and Champ Car would merge, but their biggest star Mark Plourde is afraid of ovals or at least that's what I read on the world wide web

vintage
7th November 2011, 18:58
You seemed to have forgotten the parachute from top fuel racing for emergency stops.

With the big wing, all those USAC guys can finally make it in Indycar!

jwhite9185
7th November 2011, 19:11
Mark Plourde is afraid of ovals or at least that's what I read on the world wide web

HAHA! Does he still have that site going?!

heliocastroneves#3
7th November 2011, 20:28
Why do you want the IRL to die so much? It provides the best racing on the world.

I wish IRL and Champ Car would merge, but their biggest star Mark Plourde is afraid of ovals or at least that's what I read on the world wide web

I don't want the IRL to die so much, I loved the IRL.... But the facts are that it's not IRL anymore, that's only what I'm saying.

Mr. Mister
7th November 2011, 20:44

Sorry you didn't like my IRL car. Maybe you will like this one better.

http://i.imgur.com/bnozp.png
It is a three-wheeler. You can't see the third wheel in the back but it's there.

7th November 2011, 21:23
I don't want the IRL to die so much, I loved the IRL.... But the facts are that it's not IRL anymore, that's only what I'm saying.

The IRL is still around. Rumors of the series' demise were perpetrated by Sam Hornish's camp to make him not seem like a pansy when he quit.

8th November 2011, 01:17
I wish Sam Hornish would come back. I hate that he left NASCAR in disgrace because his sideburns were inadequate.