PDA

View Full Version : New IRL staff

Mr. Mister
6th November 2011, 03:19
I heard Randy Bernard will clean staff with the current house.

I recommend he hires these people.

Race control
Buzz Calkins - he has been in the IRL since the start and is a very intelligent man and a good driver, too. I think he'd know what he's doing.

Chip Ganassi - boy, he's been here forever, and he has some real fire in him. He'd feel the same passion we feel when we see something we want penalized.

A fan committee - oh yes, I went there! Have a promotion where we can all text our decisions to "RACECONTROL" on our Verizon Wireless phones. Call it "Verizon Wireless Race Control," maybe make it an app even to buy, proceeds go to the IRL! Our cumulative votes will count as one vote in the race control booth with Calkins and Ganassi. Good idea!

Tech inspection
I'd like to see Tony George in charge of tech inspection. He fathered the IRL, so he will know the cars well. He is an ethical man who fired Larry Curry for cheating, so he knew Larry Curry was cheating, so he knows cheating when he sees it. Perfect!

Driver coaching
I'd like to see Arie Luyendyk, Jr. be in charge of driver coaching, as he knows what it is like to go from Indy Pro to IRL. I'd also like to see someone with more experience like Mario Dominguez partner with him for two opinions and perspectives to give to the drivers.

Marketing
I can't think of a single time Eddie Cheever didn't have a sponsor. Owner, driver, commentator - he is a jack-of-all-drapes. I think he'd be great in charge of marketing for the series. I like the sound of his voice, too, moreso than Terry Angstadt.

Track security
If Charles gets cut, I guess we will need new security, too! Well, no one would be better at this then A.J. Foyt, IV. If he is one-tenth as tough as grandpappy, anyone who thinks of flipping births like Will Power did, won't be able to think straight after a whooping from A.J. You might think you're going up to race control to argue, but you'll just be going to the dentist after Cuatro gives you some Texas Toast! Oh yeah!

This will help the IRL a lot.

Jag_Warrior
6th November 2011, 04:09
My questions about whatever happened to BIgiRLfan are being answered day by day.

Tippy Gomez, where are you when I need you?

garyshell
6th November 2011, 07:07
How many times must we remind you that there is no IRL? It is now officially called Indycar.

Gary

heliocastroneves#3
6th November 2011, 10:25
Indeed, it's already called IICS (IZOD IndyCar Series) for nearly two years.

I already would be happier if they would broadcast their races in The Netherlands anyway.

00steven
6th November 2011, 11:45
Hey guy, you might want to stop poppin' so many pills because it's obvious from your recent post that your nearly incoherent.

Chris R
6th November 2011, 12:19
Putting Tony George in charge of anything is just a terrible idea.....
Eddie Cheever - the only thing he should be is the official philosopher of Indycar (no dis-respect intended - he is a very bright and articulate guy - but he also has "foot in mouth" disease a times)
Buzz Calkins, is he still involved in racing at all??
Chip Ganassi - very successful but hardly unbiased as I doubt he would be selling his team...
Arie Jr. in charge of driver training? How about Arie Sr.?

I like the idea of a fan committee.....

SarahFan
6th November 2011, 13:43
Misters thoughts are well thought out and professionally presented

Kudos!!!!

*makes me wonder if The Mister is vying for some type of consulting position within the IRL.... Hopefully Mr Bernard will take notice of one or more of his recent ideas

Chris R
6th November 2011, 15:20

Kudos!!!!

*makes me wonder if The Mister is vying for some type of consulting position within the IRL.... Hopefully Mr Bernard will take notice of one or more of his recent ideas

executive assistant to Gene Simmons? :D

SarahFan
6th November 2011, 16:00
You know it's gotta eat gene up inside knowing trump came up with the apprentice before he did

anthonyvop
6th November 2011, 16:15
Tech inspection
I'd like to see Tony George in charge of tech inspection. He fathered the IRL, so he will know the cars well. He is an ethical man who fired Larry Curry for cheating, so he knew Larry Curry was cheating, so he knows cheating when he sees it. Perfect!

Do you have any evidence that Tony George even knows which end of a wrench to use?
Remember it was the genius that was Tony George that ruined Formula Car racing in the USA and gave us that P.O.S. Lawn Dart they have used up until last month.

Marketing
I can't think of a single time Eddie Cheever didn't have a sponsor.

How about since 2006 when he had to fold his Indycar team?

Mr. Mister
6th November 2011, 16:21
[
How many times must we remind you that there is no IRL? It is now officially called Indycar.

Gary

I already would be happier if they would broadcast their races in The Netherlands anyway.

Putting Tony George in charge of anything is just a terrible idea.....
Eddie Cheever - the only thing he should be is the official philosopher of Indycar (no dis-respect intended - he is a very bright and articulate guy - but he also has "foot in mouth" disease a times)
Chip Ganassi - very successful but hardly unbiased as I doubt he would be selling his team...
Arie Jr. in charge of driver training? How about Arie Sr.?

I like the idea of a fan committee.....

Kudos!!!!

You know it's gotta eat gene up inside knowing trump came up with the apprentice before he did

Do you have any evidence that Tony George even knows which end of a wrench to use?
Remember it was the genius that was Tony George that ruined Formula Car racing in the USA and gave us that P.O.S. Lawn Dart they have used up until last month.

Mr. Mister
6th November 2011, 16:21
Oops.

Mr. Mister
6th November 2011, 16:51
[

Gary

Gary, let's say your middle name is Larry, and your last name is Foyt. Gary Larry Foyt. Wouldn't that be something?

I could call you "GLF" or just Gary, or even Foyt. Well, I can call it "IRL" or just Indy, or even League.

If Arie Luyendyk, Jr. was the driver coach, I think there would be more demand for a TV deal in The Netherlands.

Sorry for the confusion. His real name is Bradley.

Kudos!!!!

Thank you. I ordered one of those CD-ROMs that you put into the computer. It teaches you how to make PowerPoints. When I figure that out, I will make a PowerPoint and send it to Mr. Bernard. I have heard 90% of the world's business is conducted through PowerPoint and the other 10% is in stocks and bondage.

Seeing Gene Simmons singing "Back Home Again in Indiana" every May is my favorite part of the entire IRL season. I'd like for him to produce an album with that tune and some others to help promote the IRL. They could play it at football rinks at kickoff to help promote the IRL.

Trump! Now there's a guy I'd put on the IRL staff. I'd like for him to drive the pace car, that's for sure.

Tony George knows a lot about tools because he let Paul Tracy drive his car in 2008. He's a bigger man than Gary Forsythe who would never have run Ed Carpenter in his Champ Car even though Ed was over-qualified to be in that series.

Have you seen in F1 where a team is running the old Red Bull-Cheever Infiniti-powered Dallara? Sébastien Bourdais and Bill Weber have won basically all the races practically in it. Seeing a 9-year-old IRL car winning in F1 tells me Cheever ran a tight ship.

There wasn't any TEAM money in 2006 so it was tuft to be a team, but Cheever never folded. He reorganized his assets and made his operation more liquid. This is standard practice. They were sponsored by Sports Clips in 2006, you were probably too busy eating Rachel's Potato Chips and posting on that Jackwagon site or whatever to notice.

SoCalPVguy
6th November 2011, 16:56
Very droll satire, my friend ! LOL

DBell
6th November 2011, 17:31
Very droll satire, my friend ! LOL

:D Agree. I think one of the smackies is bored with his forum being down and came over here to have some fun.

SarahFan
6th November 2011, 18:42
:D Agree. I think one of the smackies is bored with his forum being down and came over here to have some fun.

Anyone know why smackieworld is down?... I heard a rumor ...

nigelred5
6th November 2011, 19:12
Putting Tony George in charge of anything is just a terrible idea........

I bet he could throw a good party... ;)

anthonyvop
6th November 2011, 20:49
[
. He's a bigger man than Gary Forsythe who would never have run Ed Carpenter in his Champ Car even though Ed was over-qualified to be in that series..

Special Ed? Overqualified to have run in Champ Car? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mr. Mister
6th November 2011, 21:09
Special Ed? Overqualified to have run in Champ Car? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The IRL is the toughest series, and Ed has won in the IRL, so he could win in Champ Car, which was slower than the IRL. Very few drivers can handle the 1200 hp/900 lbs of a sprint car. It's a shame JJ Yeley, Jason Leffler, Sarah Fisher, and PJ Jones, who all raced sprint cars, aren't still racing IRL. The only ones left are Ed and Bucky Rice. Look at how good the sprint guys are on the road courses in NASCAR: Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon beat Juan Montoya and Mario Ambrose every time. Ed's brother Patrick Carpenter won in Champ Car driving for Gary so I think I prove my point that it should have been Ed, who was the better driver than Patrick. You didn't see Alex Tagliana winning Kentucky, but Ed did, and Gary only hired one of those guys, so what does that tell you?

SarahFan
6th November 2011, 21:27
Logical duductuons right thare

Jag_Warrior
6th November 2011, 21:35
Ed's brother, Patrick Carpenter, won in Champ Car.

I have to be honest, I like this guy. He's good. Very good.

anthonyvop
7th November 2011, 00:20
The IRL is the toughest series, and Ed has won in the IRL, so he could win in Champ Car, which was slower than the IRL. Very few drivers can handle the 1200 hp/900 lbs of a sprint car. It's a shame JJ Yeley, Jason Leffler, Sarah Fisher, and PJ Jones, who all raced sprint cars, aren't still racing IRL. The only ones left are Ed and Bucky Rice. Look at how good the sprint guys are on the road courses in NASCAR: Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon beat Juan Montoya and Mario Ambrose every time. Ed's brother Patrick Carpenter won in Champ Car driving for Gary so I think I prove my point that it should have been Ed, who was the better driver than Patrick. You didn't see Alex Tagliana winning Kentucky, but Ed did, and Gary only hired one of those guys, so what does that tell you?

That tells me you have very little actual knowledge of racing.

Ed Carpenter is, at best, a mid packer on ovals and a back marker on road courses. His ONE WIN happened on an Oval where it was flat out all the way around and he had just one more push-2-pass than Dario. He has as many wins as Danica Patrick....What does that tell you?

Mr. Mister
7th November 2011, 00:39
That tells me you have very little actual knowledge of racing.

Ed Carpenter is, at best, a mid packer on ovals and a back marker on road courses. His ONE WIN happened on an Oval where it was flat out all the way around and he had just one more push-2-pass than Dario. He has as many wins as Danica Patrick....What does that tell you?

If you look at my browsing history, you will find I spend a lot of time on Ed Carpenter's Wikipedia article, so I would certainly consider myself knowledgeable on the subject at hand.

Ed Carpenter Racing has given Ed a vote of confidence putting him in a full-season program, not just ovals-only. You'll see.

He only has one win because Gary Forsythe didn't hire him. You're proving my point for me. If Gary had hired him, he would have had at least six wins that year, and seven if the Korean race hadn't been canceled.

DBell
7th November 2011, 00:46

No idea. I saw at OC that Spicoli said it would be back up soon, but he was probably drunk. Maybe the Hawaiian lawyers finally caught up to them. :)

What did you hear?

7th November 2011, 00:52
Man I'd just love if Buddy Lazier became Randy Bernard's number 2 in the IRL.

heliocastroneves#3
7th November 2011, 13:09
That would be great! But there's one problem; IRL doesn't exist anymore.

anthonyvop
7th November 2011, 13:38
Ed Carpenter Racing has given Ed a vote of confidence putting him in a full-season program, not just ovals-only. You'll see.

Hiring himself for his own team is a vote of confidence?

Mr. Mister
7th November 2011, 14:34
That would be great! But there's one problem; IRL doesn't exist anymore.

Don't believe what you read on that Jackwagon site. Those people have been saying the IRL was headed for imminent death for years, and that Champ Car was on the rise. They are delusional and don't know the facts. The IRL is doing very well right now, and will do even better when they implement some of the ideas on this forum. The sport is very much alive. Do not believe the rumors that it will fold or be shut down. These are the same people who don't believe Eddie Cheever still owns a race team.

Hiring himself for his own team is a vote of confidence?
It's important for a new team to have a good driver to get the program going, so if Ed Carpenter Racing believes Ed is that driver, then yes, that is a vote of confidence. Also consider that Tony George, Fozzy's, and someone else (Derrike Cope was it?) own the team too. That's four opinions, plus mine, makes five. Ed Carpenter Racing could have hired Jaques Lazier, Richie Hearn, Rick Mears, or any number of more proven drivers but they are taking a big gamble and that's what I like to see! Going hard.

chuck34
7th November 2011, 18:23
Don't believe what you read on that Jackwagon site. Those people have been saying the IRL was headed for imminent death for years, and that Champ Car was on the rise. They are delusional and don't know the facts. The IRL is doing very well right now, and will do even better when they implement some of the ideas on this forum. The sport is very much alive. Do not believe the rumors that it will fold or be shut down. These are the same people who don't believe Eddie Cheever still owns a race team.

Dude I get the feeling that you're just stiring the sh!t, but if not .... You do realize that no one is saying that the IRL is out of business right? They just changed their name to IndyCar instead of IRL.

It's important for a new team to have a good driver to get the program going, so if Ed Carpenter Racing believes Ed is that driver, then yes, that is a vote of confidence. Also consider that Tony George, Fozzy's, and someone else (Derrike Cope was it?) own the team too. That's four opinions, plus mine, makes five. Ed Carpenter Racing could have hired Jaques Lazier, Richie Hearn, Rick Mears, or any number of more proven drivers but they are taking a big gamble and that's what I like to see! Going hard.

So Marty Roth must be a great driver too. You know since Roth racing showed so much confidence in him.

Derrike Cope????? Ha! You are giving me some good laughs though, keep 'em comming.

7th November 2011, 18:29
Dude I get the feeling that you're just stiring the sh!t, but if not .... You do realize that no one is saying that the IRL is out of business right? They just changed their name to IndyCar instead of IRL.

IndyCar just describes the series. IRL is the series name. Just like the NASCAR is a sanctioning body and their top series is called the Sprint cup because Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon used to drive sprint cars and they wanted to pay homage to their true roots

Mr. Mister
7th November 2011, 20:21

So Marty Roth must be a great driver too. You know since Roth racing showed so much confidence in him.

Derrike Cope????? Ha! You are giving me some good laughs though, keep 'em comming.

IRL stands for Indy Racing League. Why does no one want to accept this? It's a league. They race. All the races are near Indianapolis. What do you want it to be called? What could be more fitting?

Yeah, do you remember Marty Roth's qualifying efforts at Kansas? He went pretty fast, and that's what this is all about here, in the IRL, is going fast. He started out not very fast, but he got that vote of confidence, as you say, so he went faster. As Paul Page will tell you, "these are the eyes of Marco Andretti," and if those eyes looked timid, well, he never would have been the six-time IRL champion he is.

Sorry, I confused Derrike Cope and Murray Walker.

heliocastroneves#3
7th November 2011, 20:26
I have to agree that the IZOD IndyCar Series is basically the same as the Indy Racing League, the differences are basically that there are more cars on the grid and that the schedule is more balanced.... I call it IRL very often as well, but it isn't called IRL anymore to be precise.

chuck34
7th November 2011, 20:50
IndyCar is the sanctioning body. Izod IndyCar Series is the series name, just as Firestone Indy Lights is the series name. It is not IRL anymore. I can look up the press release if you really need me to. I know it's sort of a silly point, but the series made the point. There is no IRL anymore, it changed names to IndyCar.

Marco Andretti is a six-time IRL champion????!!!!! Really? I didn't even know he had won six races.

No problem I always confuse Derrike Cope and Murry Walker, neither of which have anything to do with IndyCar.

7th November 2011, 21:21
It is not IRL anymore.

Oh, it's not the IRL? So what is it, CART? No it can't be that because John Forsythe, Kevin Kolb, and Paul Giamatti bought the assets when it went bankrupt.

Mr. Mister
7th November 2011, 23:20
Proof that the IRL and Infiniti Pro Series still exist. This is the Indianapolis Motor Speedway's official site, I think, and it says both IRL and Infiniti Pro Series which is part of the IRL. So you guys are making things up saying there's no IRL. Next thing you'll try to tell me that Thiago Mederois didn't prove USAC drivers are the best in the world with his 2006 Bump Day heroics, or that Buddy Lazier isn't in the top five greatest drivers to ever run the Speedway. Winning with a broken back should count as ten wins, I think. That stuff's painful, and if Lazier had driven for Penske in CART, Jimmy Vasser wouldn't be half the man he is today.

Infiniti Pro Series (http://www.indymotorspeedway.com/ips/)

Further proof: I saw the IRL live in the flesh at London, NH this year. A.J. Foyt was there and Foyt wouldn't be at none of this IZOD corporate stuff you guys are talking about, and he never would go to CART or Champ Car or whatever you guys think the IRL is. No one fools Foyt. He was told "this is the IRL" and if he believes in it, I believe in it.

8th November 2011, 00:42
Proof that the IRL and Infiniti Pro Series still exist. This is the Indianapolis Motor Speedway's official site, I think, and it says both IRL and Infiniti Pro Series which is part of the IRL. So you guys are making things up saying there's no IRL. Next thing you'll try to tell me that Thiago Mederois didn't prove USAC drivers are the best in the world with his 2006 Bump Day heroics, or that Buddy Lazier isn't in the top five greatest drivers to ever run the Speedway. Winning with a broken back should count as ten wins, I think. That stuff's painful, and if Lazier had driven for Penske in CART, Jimmy Vasser wouldn't be half the man he is today.

Further proof: I saw the IRL live in the flesh at London, NH this year. A.J. Foyt was there and Foyt wouldn't be at none of this IZOD corporate stuff you guys are talking about, and he never would go to CART or Champ Car or whatever you guys think the IRL is. No one fools Foyt. He was told "this is the IRL" and if he believes in it, I believe in it.

Buddy Lazier climbed the highest mountain in motorsports history when he won the Indianapolis 500 with a broken back. The documentary Broken Back Mountain describes his incredible journey and everything he had to endure to get there. James Jakes-Gyllenhaal did an amazing job of portraying Buddy.

8th November 2011, 01:25
The IRL is very much alive! However, if they continue to make poor decisions such as selling their Indianapolis Racing Park racetrack to build an alternative lifestyle shopping center, they are going to lose fan support. Rough-and-tumble short tracking is what open wheel racing is all about.

Phoenixent
8th November 2011, 03:35

?????? That IPS site is at least 5 years old and it has not been IPS since 2008..... As for the IRL the sanctioning body official name is INDYCAR as of 2011...

jimispeed
8th November 2011, 03:45
Pointless banter.........................................

garyshell
8th November 2011, 05:59
?????? That IPS site is at least 5 years old and it has not been IPS since 2008..... As for the IRL the sanctioning body official name is INDYCAR as of 2011...

Please don't feed the trolls.

Gary

nigelred5
8th November 2011, 13:17

I agree Gary about not feeding the trolls , but dayummmmm.

Seriously dude, I can't help but be sucked in by the total insanity of your posts.....What the hell are you looking at? Ed Carpenter and Patrick Carpentier Brothers???? Lol. Dude, Patrick CarpentIer is fricking French CANADIAN. Ed Carpenter is Tony Georges' stepson. uh, his stepdaddy well, his step grandmother and her sisters, well, they kinda OWN this sport....

THE Indy Racing League is no longer the corporate name of the series, it is the IZOD INDYCAR SERIES. CART and CHAMPCAR were NEVER the IRL, THEY WERE THE ENEMY OF THE IRL. You've got it so twisted it's crazy. Do yourself a favor and block WIKIPEDIA- IT IS CRAP, loaded with inaccurate and unverified information. You need to get out of the garage more and quit huffin those USAC exhaust pipes.

WOW is this going to be a long off season!!

calacan
9th November 2011, 00:35
mista mista...can I get some of that crack your smokin'?

numanoid
9th November 2011, 02:14
The guy is trolling you. For those new to this phenomenon, check here:

Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29)

nigelred5
9th November 2011, 03:04
uh, yeah, we know that......

Jag_Warrior
9th November 2011, 07:07
I'm guessing that if Wade91 and Mr. Mister were in the same room, there would only be one person standing in that room.

I'm sorry he's gone. I thought he was fun... in a sick kind of way - but still fun. :D

SoCalPVguy
11th November 2011, 15:23
Mr.Mister we hardly knew ye

garyshell
11th November 2011, 18:16
Mr.Mister we hardly knew ye

But we knew enough...

Gary

DBell
11th November 2011, 21:16
I'm sorry he's gone. I thought he was fun... in a sick kind of way - but still fun. :D

Agree. He was like an easier to read BiF. :D

maxmach
12th November 2011, 05:53
MM, you must be channeling Steven Colbert.........

DBell
30th December 2011, 16:43

SarahFan, I don't know if you heard, but over at OC I saw they had posted that Cam (Smacked) had succumbed to his illness and passed away. Looks like smackland is gone for good.

RIP Cam. :(