PDA

View Full Version : Big Idea for the IRL

Mr. Mister
4th November 2011, 21:09
I have a big idea for the Indy Racing League (IRL). The IRL should "dump" their product.

The IRL loses money every year. Taking a huge loss now will mean nothing to the rich Hulman-George family. What family doesn't keep some Clabber Girl on hand? They're doing fine. And they'll make a big gain.

Here's the theory:

1. Schedule IRL races at the same date at the same time as NASCAR races. Put them in cities as close to the NASCAR race as possible.

2. Don't charge a single cent. Everything is free!

3. Soon people will go to the IRL races over NASCAR, as they are free.

4. They will see how good IRL is compared to boring old NASCAR, because IRL is faster and has better drivers, and will now choose to watch IRL on TV over NASCAR, too, now that they know what it is.

5. NASCAR will fold and IRL will have a monopoly on American racing.

6. IRL can now charge money for their races, sign a huge new TV deal, sign new sponsors from NASCAR, and make up for the losses in the dumping years with big profits.

It's perfect. It's brilliant. I'm emailing it to Randy Bernard.

heliocastroneves#3
4th November 2011, 21:12
Please, also mail to him that they should broadcast IndyCar again in The Netherlands. I'm not waiting for another year watching it via livestreams on my TV with a HDRI cable. I always had to do that, already since I began following it. I could only watch it TWO years on TV, that was in 2009 and last year. But I have to say I love your idea, it would also be a great idea to get some ovals back.

jimispeed
4th November 2011, 21:18
:rolleyes:

heliocastroneves#3
4th November 2011, 21:28
However that "EVERYTHING is free" thing goes to far. A little amount of money shouldn't be problem I think.

chuck34
4th November 2011, 22:59
Wow, and i thought your NBA idea was "out there"

Jag_Warrior
5th November 2011, 00:31
I think you've crossed the Rubicon. Maybe jump back in the boat and come on back over to Sanity Land.

00steven
5th November 2011, 00:39
I think it's time to stop thinking.

elan 02
5th November 2011, 00:44
I think thirteen year olds should not drink that much beer at one time!

call_me_andrew
5th November 2011, 01:20
That is so crazy it is doomed to certain failure.

SarahFan
5th November 2011, 01:51
I think it's brilliant

Jag_Warrior
5th November 2011, 02:16
I think it's brilliant

You have an evil sense of humor... which I like. But still, that's just mean. :D

ShiftingGears
5th November 2011, 02:50
I'm not sure you are being serious. But if you are you should undertake some basic business studies so that your proposals aren't downright hilarious.

ShiftingGears
5th November 2011, 02:56
I think it's brilliant

LOL

garyshell
5th November 2011, 04:18
One small problem with this "idea"... there is no IRL. They already dumped the product, a year ago. The new product is called Indycar. Do try to keep up.

Gary

Mr. Mister
5th November 2011, 19:08
Dumping is a legitimate economic policy that maimed the United States steel industry. I think it would do the same to NASCAR, and their loss will be the IRL's gain.

Dumping (pricing policy) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dumping_%28pricing_policy%29)

Once we take their fans, we take their sponsors, and soon we'll be able to take their tracks and their drivers, too. They have some good drivers, you know. I bet some of those guys who came up in an open-wheel modified like Todd Bodine or Steve Park could really wheel an IRL car.

Don't let this be our DeltaWing, where if we don't do it, someone else will (Le Mans). Imagine if Grand-Am starts dumping, we'll be history!

Mr. Mister
5th November 2011, 19:15
Please, also mail to him that they should broadcast IndyCar again in The Netherlands. I'm not waiting for another year watching it via livestreams on my TV with a HDRI cable. I always had to do that, already since I began following it. I could only watch it TWO years on TV, that was in 2009 and last year. But I have to say I love your idea, it would also be a great idea to get some ovals back.

Thank you for your support. I included your idea in my email to Mr. Bernard. I look forward to his reply.

nigelred5
6th November 2011, 19:16
Step away from the hash pipe dude.

7th November 2011, 00:53
Wonderful. I think if a lot of NASCAR fans saw how good the IRL is they wouldn't be able to stay away!

heliocastroneves#3
7th November 2011, 13:11
They will never know IRL as that doesn't exist anymore. But if they would see how good the INDYCAR SERIES is then they wouldn't be able to stay away indeed. Some people say that Tony George has ruined American open wheel racing, I don't agree with that as I've always loved the Indy Racing League and since it became IndyCar in 2008, I only started to love it more and more.

SoCalPVguy
7th November 2011, 15:18
h aha , again another funny post... using the obama model of economics: "Lose money on every deal but make up for it in volume".

heliocastroneves#3
7th November 2011, 16:19
Thank you for your support. I included your idea in my email to Mr. Bernard. I look forward to his reply.

Thanks!

bugeyedgomer
7th November 2011, 17:56
as always, you are a lap behind the brains at IMS. they did this at Vegas and had to turn away 200,000 people at the gates