PDA

View Full Version : Team Penske keeps three IndyCars for 2012

garyshell
3rd November 2011, 17:07
Team Penske announced Thursday morning it will once again field three cars for the 2012 IZOD IndyCar Series season, putting to rest any rumors either Helio Castroneves or Ryan Briscoe would not be retained alongside Will Power.
The three-car lineup remains intact for 2012, as it has been since 2010. Power ran part-time in the team's third car in 2009, his first season with Team Penske.

Penske Racing president Tim Cindric said continuity was important as the team forges ahead as Chevrolet's anchor team for 2012.

“We are excited to return with a three-car team in 2012,” Cindric said. “The combination of Helio, Ryan and Will has been a formidable one on the track and they work very well together as teammates. Our goal all along has been to continue running three cars and thanks to our terrific partners, we have been able to make everything work from the business side. Now, all of our focus will be on developing the new Chevrolet IndyCar and getting ready for a strong return to the track in 2012.”

Further sponsorship announcements will be forthcoming over the next few months. Verizon will continue as Power's primary sponsor.

Both Castroneves and Briscoe had a revolving door of liveries in the 2011 season, counting sponsorship from IZOD, Shell Pennzoil, AAA, GuidePoint Systems, PPG, Transitions Lenses, Penske Truck Rental, Hitachi and Cintas at various events in 2011.

Team Penske keeps three IndyCars for 2012 - Racer.com (http://www.racer.com/team-penske-keeps-three-indycars-for-2012/article/215919/)

Gary

heliocastroneves#3
3rd November 2011, 17:28
I think that's good. Hope Hélio will be in victory lane again next year.

EagleEye
3rd November 2011, 21:24
Team Penske keeps three IndyCars for 2012 - Racer.com (http://www.racer.com/team-penske-keeps-three-indycars-for-2012/article/215919/)

Gary

Rahal two-car team with GM, Penske with three-cars.

And, more teams firmed up next week or so. Good to have some good news for a change!

champcarray
4th November 2011, 15:52
Rahal bought two chassis, so I think it will be a one-driver team.

Dr. Krogshöj
4th November 2011, 21:37
Rahal bought two chassis, so I think it will be a one-driver team.

Their press release explicitly said two-car full time effort. Anyway, I don't think teams can buy backup chassis until after every team recieved their primaries.

7th November 2011, 00:57
I think Ryan Briscoe and Will Power will fight for the coveted IRL Championship.

heliocastroneves#3
7th November 2011, 13:07
Then they have to do that in a video game, because IRL doesn't exist anymore. It's called ICS, IICS, IndyCar, IndyCar Series, IZOD IndyCar Series or IZOD IndyCar but NOT IRL anymore.

7th November 2011, 21:27
Then they have to do that in a video game, because IRL doesn't exist anymore. It's called ICS, IICS, IndyCar, IndyCar Series, IZOD IndyCar Series or IZOD IndyCar but NOT IRL anymore.

Riiiight and all those races Will Power won last year didn't happen.

Bob Riebe
7th November 2011, 22:29
Riiiight and all those races Will Power won last year didn't happen.Your point is?
WAIT- trolls don't have points except on their heads so explains your pointed rhetoric.

7th November 2011, 22:35
Your point is?
WAIT- trolls don't have points except on their heads so explains your pointed rhetoric.

I do not see any need to personally attack me just because I'm right.

Dr. Krogshöj
7th November 2011, 23:10
Whatever happened with DFTT?

ykiki
8th November 2011, 00:31
Riiiight and all those races Will Power won last year didn't happen.
Well...yes, all of those IZOD IndyCar Series races that Will Power won last year did happen.

garyshell
8th November 2011, 00:34
Well...yes, all of those IZOD IndyCar Series races that Will Power won last year did happen.

Please don't feed the trolls.

Gary

8th November 2011, 00:39

Since we're caught up in semantics, I want to congratulate Will Power on his valiant efforts in the IZOD IRL Presented by Northern Lights in DirecTVHD.

Greg "Caddy" Sacks
8th November 2011, 01:35
I'm concerned that keeping three IndyCars may not be enough what happens if one of them gets wrecked?

8th November 2011, 01:44
I'm concerned that keeping three IndyCars may not be enough what happens if one of them gets wrecked?

Simple. You go to the IRL factory in Detroit and they give you a new IndyCar.

Mr. Mister
8th November 2011, 01:45
They need to cut back. There were too many cars in Las Vegas and if Roger Penske keeps fielding three cars after what happened, I think he could go to prison, and I don't want him to go to prison because he is a power player in the IRL.

8th November 2011, 01:53
They need to cut back. There were too many cars in Las Vegas and if Roger Penske keeps fielding three cars after what happened, I think he could go to prison, and I don't want him to go to prison because he is a power player in the IRL.

He kept Hélio Castro-Neves out of jail, so I'm sure Hélio would return the favour.

Phoenixent
8th November 2011, 03:22

?????????? I did not realize that you could go to prison for fielding three cars..... Thank goodness Roger does not race in Norway with that kind of logic.....

Marbles
9th November 2011, 01:01
I'm surprised that Penske will run with the same cast. Power made the ageing HCN and the inconsistent Briscoe look... just that. A move to a potential sponsor magnet (with speed) like Simona De Silvestro or an under served hot-shoe like Wilson would certainly be in the cards for next season is what I was expecting.

EagleEye
9th November 2011, 17:59
Rahal two-car team with GM, Penske with three-cars.

And, more teams firmed up next week or so. Good to have some good news for a change!

Rahal is a Honda, not GM but are looking at two entries. Penske GM.

FIAT1
9th November 2011, 18:13

Uhhh, ease up on smoking bad stuff dude.

anthonyvop
9th November 2011, 22:20
Good News.

Bambi has been cleared to test next week

SarahFan
10th November 2011, 04:31
Hard to argue that from a biz standpoint car count is far and away the bright spot for aowr

chuck34
10th November 2011, 13:20
Good News.

Bambi has been cleared to test next week

Bambi? I assume that's a nick-name for someone, but I can't figure out who. Or are you making some sort of joke?

ykiki
10th November 2011, 18:07
Bambi? I assume that's a nick-name for someone, but I can't figure out who. Or are you making some sort of joke?

I believe it's Power.

anthonyvop
10th November 2011, 19:43
Bambi= Will Power. he looks like a deer caught in your headlights.