PDA

View Full Version : Rahal team confirms it's purchased two Dallara DW12s

garyshell
3rd November 2011, 15:56
Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing has ordered two Dallara DW12 chassis with the intention of fielding a team in next year's IndyCar Series. A team spokesman confirmed, however, that the extent and the details of the program remain undefined.
The team has not run a full schedule in IndyCars since 2008, when Ryan Hunter-Reay scored its most recent victory at Watkins Glen. But it has been a fixture at Indianapolis since then, and led this year's Indy 500 with Bertrand Baguette before being forced to make a late fuel stop. Team co-owner Bobby Rahal has always stated that his ambition was to return to the category if he could put together a deal that made a competitive package viable.

A team spokesman confirmed that "things are in motion" regarding an IndyCar program, which is expected to feature Honda engines, but that the driver lineup remains uncertain.

"We have purchased chassis, we are very close on an engine deal for 2012, we are not as close on a driver lineup," he said. "We have been talking to drivers, and our intent is to put together a quality program for next year both in IndyCar and to defend our ALMS GT championship, but nothing is confirmed yet."

RLLR also runs BMW's Motorsport program in the ALMS GT class, which scooped the drivers' with Joey Hand and Dirk Muller, as well as the teams titles, this year.

This article originally appeared in Autosport.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/95866)

Rahal team confirms it's purchased two Dallara DW12s - Racer.com (http://www.racer.com/rahal-team-confirms-its-purchased-two-dallara-dw12s/article/215899/?DCMP=EMC-RACER_DAILY)

Gary

MAX_THRUST
3rd November 2011, 22:49
Well assume one is for Graham I guess?

garyshell
4th November 2011, 00:27
Well assume one is for Graham I guess?

I doubt it, he and his Dad have both made it clear in the past that they do not think its a good idea. But I suppose that might change.

Gary

garyshell
4th November 2011, 00:30
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Bobby Rahal's IndyCar team will use Honda engines next season.

The manufacturer who helped power Rahal's team to the 2004 Indianapolis 500 title confirmed the deal Thursday.

Rahal Letterman Lanigan becomes the fourth team to join Honda, which has been the sole engine supplier of the IndyCar Series since 2006. Chip Ganassi Racing, A.J. Foyt Racing and Sam Schmidt Motorsports all have signed on with Honda. Rahal's son, Graham, runs for Ganassi's team.

Rahal, the 1986 Indy winner, hasn't run full-time on the IndyCar series since losing his primary sponsor in 2009.

He could do it in 2012. Amid speculation that Rahal will field two cars next season, the team also announced it has hired IndyCar veteran Tom Anderson as its President of Racing Operations.

My Way - Sports News (http://sports.myway.com/news/11032011/v5403.html)

Gary

Dr. Krogshöj
4th November 2011, 06:49
Graham was confirmed to stay at Ganassi months ago, I think. Rahal Letterman Lanigan also confirmed yesterday that they hired Tom Anderson as president of racing operations and signed an engine deal with Honda "as part of an anticipated two-car full-season entry."