PDA

View Full Version : Carpenter forms own team backed by Fuzzy's

garyshell
2nd November 2011, 21:34
IZOD IndyCar Series veteran Ed Carpenter plans to compete in the full IZOD IndyCar Series in 2012, driving for Ed Carpenter Racing.

The team is owned and operated by Carpenter and his stepfather, Tony George, who started Vision Racing in 2005. Carpenter, who has 113 IZOD IndyCar Series starts, drove for Vision Racing for five seasons. Additional details are expected to be announced at a news conference Nov. 4 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

“I am extremely excited about the opportunities that lie ahead with Ed Carpenter Racing,” said the driver who won his first race in October at Kentucky Speedway. “Team ownership is something that I have thought about for quite a long time, and is now becoming a reality as a result of a great relationship with Fuzzy (Zoeller) and Fuzzy’s Ultra Premium Vodka.

"I don’t know that I ever thought that I would have the opportunity to be an owner/driver, but when an opportunity like this comes along you can’t pass it up. I can’t wait to get to work and begin building this team for not only 2012, but beyond.”

Fuzzy’s Ultra Premium Vodka, which sponsored Carpenter’s car in 2010 when he raced with Panther Racing, will be the primary sponsor of Ed Carpenter Racing as part of a three-year commitment. The company served as Carpenter’s helmet sponsor in 2011 in addition to sponsoring a car from Panther Racing driven by Buddy Rice for the Indianapolis 500.

“We’re looking forward to playing a full round with Ed in 2012. In the past, we’ve only been able to play a few holes,” said Fuzzy Zoeller, PGA and Champions Tour professional and owner of Fuzzy’s Ultra Premium Vodka. “Ed caddied for me last year and he’s definitely a much better driver. We’ve had a great time with Ed and IndyCar and now we’re really going to tee it up in 2012.”

Carpenter, 30, began his IZOD IndyCar Series career in 2003 with PDM Racing after competing in Firestone Indy Lights. He's also driven for Red Bull Cheever Racing, Vision Racing, Panther Racing and 10 races this season with Sarah Fisher Racing. He has one pole (Kentucky 2010) and 29 top-10 finishes.

“Fuzzy’s Ultra Premium Vodka has been a strong supporter of mine since 2010,” Carpenter said. “I am very grateful for the commitment that they are making in me and this new team. We are going to have a lot of fun, and I am looking forward to having a very successful future together.

"If we can have the same success on track that Fuzzy has enjoyed on the golf course, there will be quite a bit of celebrating.”

Carpenter forms own team backed by Fuzzy's - IndyCar.com (http://www.indycar.com/news/show/55-izod-indycar-series/50954-carpenter-forms-own-team-backed-by-fuzzyand-39-s/)

Gary

Sateryn76
3rd November 2011, 00:03
Is Sarah Fisher racing done?

SoCalPVguy
3rd November 2011, 02:53
Did you notice the difference between Ed's announcement and Michael Shank Racing's ???

Ed announced a sponsor for three years. Shank did not. I give Ed's team a good chance of happening. Shank... not so much.

anthonyvop
3rd November 2011, 03:55
No truth to the rumor that Ed Carpenter's new team will be called.......

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

FUZZY VISION

I crack myself up sometimes

FIAT1
3rd November 2011, 13:44
Good news, Rahal also!

Chris R
3rd November 2011, 14:35
No truth to the rumor that Ed Carpenter's new team will be called.......

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

FUZZY VISION

I crack myself up sometimes
ok, I have to admit - for an Indycar nerd like me, that is pretty funny :D

with TG being a partner it is really a good tag line for the team.....

Chris R
3rd November 2011, 14:36
So what is the "confirmed" (inasmuch as there is such a thing in modern Indycar racing) teams/car count now??

edv
3rd November 2011, 14:58
So now Fuzzy has a chance to be famous for something other than Collard Greens...

numanoid
3rd November 2011, 15:19
BHA is also putting things together and are expecting a full time ride next year. Sounds like the field is going to be getting crowded. I wonder what is going to happen on the several high banked ovals we have scheduled next year.

heliocastroneves#3
3rd November 2011, 19:58
We have only two high banked ovals, right? Texas and Vegas. Hope they just run with 25 cars or something like that on Vegas, at least not the 34 we had this year.

numanoid
3rd November 2011, 22:10
I thought Chicago was also on the list.