PDA

View Full Version : Who has the sweetest looking car ?

ChicagocrewIRL
22nd March 2007, 09:57
My top 5 hot paint jobs in the series this year.

1. Danica Patrick #7 Motorola Argent Dallara - That black raw carbon fiber look is so hot.

2. Scott Sharp # 8 Patron Dallara - Again black is a major part of this car's look. The green and black make it look like the Green Hornet mobile. I wish it had more sponsorship decals though. I bet Scott Sharp does too.

3. Marco Andretti # 26 NYSE Dallara - Unbridled capitalism is the spirit of the NYSE and this paint job screams power and MONEY . It's gonna look hot winding around tight turns and screaming through corners.

4. Helio Castroneves, Sam Hornish Jr. #s 3 & 6 Penske/Mobile 1 Dallaras - Classic racing heritage of the most successful team in open wheel racing. See that orange (i think its orange, but Penske says it's red) and white blur ? No I bet you didn't. It blew by you.

5. Tony Kanaan # 11 7-11 Dallara - classic paint job for a class racer and human being.

I wonder what Milka's car will look like. Or the Beck Motorsports car.

LOTI
23rd March 2007, 04:41
I'm not a Penske fan, but his cars are always pristine. I don't care for the little brats car at all. JMO.

F1boat
23rd March 2007, 06:57
Marco's car.

Komahawk
23rd March 2007, 19:25
Sharp beats Danica in a photo-finish.

O&A Virus
23rd March 2007, 20:20
Carpenter's car gets my vote.

http://www.indycar.com/multimedia/photos/gallery.php?series_id=1&event_id=568&track_id=16&eventDate=2007-03-23&display=60&photo_id=51823

ChicagocrewIRL
23rd March 2007, 20:25
It is nice. But no sponsorship decals. I wonder if Rock & Republic will be back on board with them this year. The Vision drivers were always the best dressed at the 500 last year .

harvick#1
23rd March 2007, 21:10
Penskes Marlboro Livery still tops the cake, too bad no one is allowed to bear that terrific livery anymore :(

The Ganassi cars look pretty good, also Kannan's.

Patricks Black and light Blue do not go together, but her in a car doesn't go together either.

V12
24th March 2007, 06:34
Sharp's is probably the best looking car - notice that the Delphi sponsorship has gone to Vitor? what happened there I thought they were out? I'm pleased he's got some sponsorship though he deserves it

Patricks Black and light Blue do not go together, but her in a car doesn't go together either.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :beer:

Komahawk
24th March 2007, 08:50
Ok, with the other Andtrettis all in the top#5 the joke is on Danica. But if she has no business being in a car then Rice and Simmons (and quite a few others, let alone most of CC's drivers) oughta start looking for another job.

And her casr looks great.

nigelred5
25th March 2007, 22:27
I wonder what Milka's car will look like. Or the Beck Motorsports car.

http://www.indycar.com/multimedia/photos/gallery.php?series_id=1&event_id=568&track_id=16&eventDate=2007-03-23&display=60&photo_id=51837

namarow
26th March 2007, 02:24
I give you this, atleast the IRL teams know how to paint the damn cars well.

cobre
31st March 2007, 16:53
practice makes perfect; repairing& repainting, they should be good!

Jag_Warrior
31st March 2007, 18:17
I give you this, atleast the IRL teams know how to paint the damn cars well.

I certainly have to agree with that. With Champ Car having a major paint company as a sponsor, there was no excuse for the unimaginative, generic red & white paint schemes last year. Add to that, one of the most talented livery designers around is a major fan of the series (some might say a "Fanatic" ;) ). The one area where I would give the IRL the clear nod over CCWS last year (and maybe this year... haven't seen much in the way of Champ Car liveries this year :rolleyes: ) is in livery design. In fact, the IRL has always had some good liveries. Even in the early days, when everything else was sort of club racing'ish, many of the IRL liveries looked very professional, or at least creative.

After seeing some of the IRL liveries, I believe I'd have to give the nod to Marco's NYSE livery. With Penske, I wonder why they didn't (couldn't?) go with the Marlboro barcode. The "Team Penske" signage has a sort of will race for food look to it... though we all know the money is still there.

ChicagocrewIRL
31st March 2007, 18:46
The "Team Penske" signage has a sort of will race for food look to it... though we all know the money is still there.

Well "PENSKE" in it's own right is a legitimate company that does substantial business in the truck leasing industry. I see Penske trucks everywhere. So in a sense the Penske sponsorship promotes any of the various Penske business ventures including auto dealerships, truck leasing, etc.

Jag_Warrior
31st March 2007, 19:19
Yes, this is true. But Penske has been in that business (and others) for many years. Penske has always been vocal about not spending his own (company) money to go racing. Imagine the exposure he could get by running a Penske sponsored car in NASCAR. Won't happen.

ChicagocrewIRL
31st March 2007, 23:09
Yes, this is true. But Penske has been in that business (and others) for many years. Penske has always been vocal about not spending his own (company) money to go racing. Imagine the exposure he could get by running a Penske sponsored car in NASCAR. Won't happen.

But it doesn't make sense to sponsor yourself in NAPCAR when others will do it for you at a much higher rate. The marketing value of his IndyCar team is leveraged because the Penske companies can write off the value as a business expense without actually putting any real money into it. Plus Phillip Morris and Mobil still foot most of the bill anyway.

Jag_Warrior
1st April 2007, 02:38
One can expense the cost of sponsorship, but not the value of sponsorship. Funding contributed by Altria or Mobil would be considered income to the team. I'll go out on a (short) limb and predict that if only one American open wheel team has full sponsorship in the near or distant future, it will be Penske. Love him or hate him, he's as connected as Don Corleone.

Anyway, I like the Marlboro barcode concept.

harvick#1
1st April 2007, 03:05

yes the (#39 last year) #12 Busch car has run the Penske Rental sponsorship. so he has run his own sponsorship in NASCAR

R. Mears
1st April 2007, 03:06
Harvick, do you hate women in racing or just Danica? :D

ChicagocrewIRL, are you sure Danica's car is #1 because of how the car looks or how she looks? :eek:

harvick#1
1st April 2007, 03:23
I thought through all this media hype, Danica was the best thing since sliced bread, but still she has no wins and still looks foolish on the track.

Shes sort of like Jr. and Waltrip and needs to concentrate on racing and not modeling/commercials.

Jag_Warrior
1st April 2007, 03:35
yes the (#39 last year) #12 Busch car has run the Penske Rental sponsorship. so he has run his own sponsorship in NASCAR

I stand corrected. Or more to the point, I should have specified NA$CAR Nextel Cup. But I don't see Roger writing any checks (NASCAR in any form, IRL, ALMS, F1, CCWS or swamp buggies) that have seven to eight digits to the left of the decimal point, just to go racing. That is not his M.O. and he has said as much over the years.

Jag_Warrior
1st April 2007, 03:38
Shes sort of like Jr. and Waltrip and needs to concentrate on racing and not modeling/commercials.

Harvick, do you hate Waltrips in racing or just Michael?

:D

harvick#1
1st April 2007, 04:13
:laugh: didn't know I was getting an interview

you know that boogity, boogity, boogity stuff is sort of... never mind :p :

no just Michael and all of his Napa commercials

I'm somewhat surprised that Penske doesn't have the Barcode on the cars. but in all fairness, its pointless, just like with the Ferrari F1's, we all know what the barcode is so why block it still

R. Mears
1st April 2007, 04:44
I thought through all this media hype, Danica was the best thing since sliced bread, but still she has no wins and still looks foolish on the track.

No she's just the most successful woman in open wheel so far and just happens to be good lookin too. BTW "no wins" doesn't constitute failure. But we've been through that.