PDA

View Full Version : Who in the World....

Knock-on
27th October 2011, 12:14
This is fascinating.

When I was born, I was the 3,606,956,006th person alive on Earth.

Since then, the population has doubled.

No wonder naresourcesourses are reducing at an alarming rate :s hock:

BBC News - 7 billion people and you: What's your number? (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-15391515)

Brown, Jon Brow
27th October 2011, 12:40
I did this earlier and I was around the 5.3 billionth person.

Mark
27th October 2011, 12:47
Aren't such things meaningless as you have to take into account deaths too? You could be the 5,300,000,000th person but so could thousands of other people!

One perhaps more interesting question, how many humans has there ever been?!

Knock-on
27th October 2011, 12:50
Aren't such things meaningless as you have to take into account deaths too? You could be the 5,300,000,000th person but so could thousands of other people!

One perhaps more interesting question, how many humans has there ever been?!

You didn't do it then :p

77,690,121,943rd
person to have lived since history began

anthonyvop
27th October 2011, 19:53
No wonder naresourcesourses are reducing at an alarming rate :s hock:

BBC News - 7 billion people and you: What's your number? (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-15391515)

There are more than enough resources to go around.
The problem is Governments......In particular Left wing, Anti-business Governments.

Here is a list of the 50 poorest countries in the world

World's Poorest Countries (http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0908763.html)

Every Single one is either a centrally planned, anti-free market economy or trying to dig itself out of the morass from the very same type of Government.

Then you have places like Singapore and Hong Kong which had zero resources and yet have flourished due to free market principles.

Rollo
28th October 2011, 00:52
"You were the "320,916,744th person"
I was born in 1047 and have access to time travel. I was 19 when the Normans showed up. That was dead confusing, there were about 15,000 blokes all with the same name.
Conveniently they decided that the best place to have a fight was at the appropriately named place called Battle. They must have landed on the coast, saw the signs for the A2100 south of John's Cross which read "Battle" and thought "Let's go there!" *

*actually this story is bollocks, here are the numbers for people who like that sort of thing:
- 4,325,802,946th
- 78,842,900,479th

Sonic
28th October 2011, 13:17
There are more than enough resources to go around.

I'm pretty sure that isn't true.

I can't post a link as this was television show fronted (I think) by David Attenborough a few years back and it stated that if everyone on the planet wanted to live the same privileged life as us fortunate enough to live in the developed world, the planet could sustain only 2 billion people.

There may be enough room for us all live, but food and far more pressingly, clean water, are finite resources.

Azumanga Davo
28th October 2011, 14:09
4,806,995,923rd
person alive on Earth
79,600,500,570th

So close to a podium position and yet... :P

barba
28th October 2011, 17:49
It would be very impossible to be the only person to be born on a given date in the whole world. Population is increasing and we can't stop it.

anthonyvop
29th October 2011, 01:56
I'm pretty sure that isn't true.

I can't post a link as this was television show fronted (I think) by David Attenborough a few years back and it stated that if everyone on the planet wanted to live the same privileged life as us fortunate enough to live in the developed world, the planet could sustain only 2 billion people.

There may be enough room for us all live, but food and far more pressingly, clean water, are finite resources.

And it is well known that David Attenborough is a world famous expert on statistical analysis of the worlds resources. He only plays a biased, documentarian for the BBC on TV

Sonic
29th October 2011, 17:31
And it is well known that David Attenborough is a world famous expert on statistical analysis of the worlds resources. He only plays a biased, documentarian for the BBC on TV

*Shakes head*

you do understand he fronted the show, not gathered the statistics? Shesh...do I have to do all the thinking round here.

anthonyvop
29th October 2011, 21:36
*Shakes head*

you do understand he fronted the show, not gathered the statistics? Shesh...do I have to do all the thinking round here.

Ahhh.....You do understand he was the producer? He has final say on EVERYTHING that gets released. Shesh....Think before opening your trap. I have neither the time or inclination to do your thinking for you.

Rollo
29th October 2011, 22:55
Ahhh.....You do understand he was the producer? He has final say on EVERYTHING that gets released. Shesh....Think before opening your trap. I have neither the time or inclination to do your thinking for you.

Okay, would you like to come up with a better estimate. Please show workings.

BDunnell
29th October 2011, 23:02
Okay, would you like to come up with a better estimate. Please show workings.

I absolutely love the way anthonyvop turned what was otherwise a pleasant enough thread into an opportunity to rant in a manner no-one of sound mind takes seriously.

Rollo
30th October 2011, 01:55
If you use the BBC's predictor, baby 7 billion will be born on 13th Nov, 2011.
It thinks 8 Billion will happen in 2024 but it won't let you plug in the dates and 9 billion happens in 2043.

Azumanga Davo
30th October 2011, 16:16
If you use the BBC's predictor, baby 7 billion will be born on 13th Nov, 2011.
It thinks 8 Billion will happen in 2024 but it won't let you plug in the dates and 9 billion happens in 2043.

13 years before the next billion, but the billion after that will be 19 years? Blimey, some amount of growth sloing down there. Will be interesting to find what the predictions for the 10 billion mark.

Sonic
30th October 2011, 18:38

Ah bless you vop. Try relaxing once in a while...think of your blood pressure!

Peace and love man.