PDA

View Full Version : Kubica closes on F1 return

CNR
25th October 2011, 21:56
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/174368/1/kubica_closes_on_f1_return.html

Robinho
26th October 2011, 10:32
i just hope its more than hot air from his medical team and management. I want to actually see him, hear an interview with him, so we can actually understand a little more how his recovery is going, from a personal POV and then witha view to a potential racing return

CNR
26th October 2011, 12:42
http://www.planet-f1.com/driver/3213/7266745/More-conflicting-reports-about-Kubica

Dr Igor Rossello, the man who operated on his injured hand, revealed that
Kubica is already driving a road car and they hope to see him behind the wheel
of an F1 car as soon as possible.

"We can now think about getting him back as soon as possible into a car," he
told the Polish radio station Trojce. "Sorry, into a racing car, because
he is already in a road car. His recovery is a miracle but the unknown thing is
whether he will be able to be as fast.

ioan
30th October 2011, 12:27
This one caught my attention:

"We still have to do a small intervention for improving the mobility of his wrist, as with this type of accident the hand is never as flexible as it was before. Then it will take a lot of exercise.

Looks like several months before he can drive if this is his smallest problem, which I am not sure about.

Last week the other doctor said that several more months of rehabilitation are needed before he will be able to have normal life and start training, so don't get your hope high.

52Paddy
6th November 2011, 15:22
It's hard to know. If he does turn out to be fully fit over the coming winter break, where will he drive? I'm not so confident about him retaining a seat at Renault. I'm sure many minnows teams would gladly have him (if he was performing as before), but would he really want to go there? Guess it's a 'beggars can't be choosers' moment - I'll be happy to see him return regardless of machinery.

i_max2k2
6th November 2011, 16:23
I think he is going to have another operation on his right wrist, which would put him off the road map for a few months, I really hope he can come back for winter testing, and that Renault will not have iron clad contracts by then.