PDA

View Full Version : Fissi fight back?

sonic_roadhog
21st March 2007, 22:08
Fissi seems to think that Renault will fight back as soon as they get to grips (no pun) with their new tyres.

I'm sorry but I really don't think so. Renault have dropped of the pace and lets face it Alonso was Renault. This year Fissi finished 5th, 66 seconds behind the leader at Aus and last year also finiahed 5th nearly 40 seconds behind but with multiple saftey cars he would probably have finished further back. Just quickly browsing the results last year Fissi finished about 30-60seconds back from Alonso most times last year so I doubt very much Renault can find 0.5-1 sec per lap to raise Fissi to the front of the grid. Fernando had been flattering the Renault all last season and now in the hands of a less than super tallent they will repeat their 1995-1996 fall from grace.

Does anyone see Renault coming back to the front this year?

Sonic

Garry Walker
21st March 2007, 22:24
Fisi had huge car problems last year and stalled, in qual he was faster than alonso

Ian McC
21st March 2007, 22:41
Things change during a season, this year will be no different. Renault however do not have the car or the drivers to challenge Ferrari.

jens
22nd March 2007, 13:16
The best Renault can hope, is to finish 3rd in the WCC.

Timber
22nd March 2007, 13:57
Fissi is not and never was a Top driver , the only reason he is still at Renault is because he is Flavio driver , They should have gotten rid of him long ago .
Whatever happen in the race it is always the car . just look at the last race last year when Shu was chasing him near the end ....

jens
22nd March 2007, 14:02
Whatever happen in the race it is always the car .

He is not the only one! ;)

EuroTroll
22nd March 2007, 14:19
I'm surprised that noone has yet brought up the most important issue here, which is that "Fissi" is not Fisichella's nick-name. It's Fisi. Or Fish. Not bloody "Fissi"! :hmph: "Fissi", "Schummi" and "Kimmi" are not nick-names - they are something very-very annoying. Alright? :hmph:

;)

ArrowsFA1
22nd March 2007, 14:40
Fissi seems to think that Renault will fight back as soon as they get to grips (no pun) with their new tyres.
I hope he's right, but fear he's wrong :dozey:

Roamy
22nd March 2007, 15:38
as long as the finish ahead of BMW I am fine and hope they get up there. This year should be a walker for Ferrari unless they ban something to slow them down. Ferrari is a half second ahead and that is a lot in F1. Plus they have two drivers that will pass normally.

cinnamon33
22nd March 2007, 17:41
Maybe they can fight McLaren but Ferrari seems to be out of reach.

Ian McC
22nd March 2007, 19:46
I wonder how much of their recent success was entirely down to Alonso making them look better than they really were.

Sleeper
22nd March 2007, 21:59
just look at the last race last year when Shu was chasing him near the end ....
You mean were Fisi put up a better fight against MS than most of the rest of the grid, and did it twice!

F1boat
23rd March 2007, 06:51
You mean were Fisi put up a better fight against MS than most of the rest of the grid, and did it twice!

And cut his tyre. For that reason alone, I'm gonna enjoy the destruction of his career theis season :vader:

Big Ben
23rd March 2007, 11:22
I don't understand how they are going to get competitive in just 3 weeks. They seemed pretty slow during the Australian GP and now they are going to fix in 3 weeks what they weren't able to do in 3 (more or less) months of testing. They will have to push hard to get back to the top and this taking into consideration that the competition will keep developing too.
This year is going to be so different. We so them playing catenaccio very well... lets see how they can adapt.