PDA

View Full Version : Is the Dan Wheldon Family Trust really Necessary???

23rd October 2011, 04:09
Does anyone else see something wrong with donating our money to the wife of a late Millionaire racecar driver?? People are dying of cancer and strokes and numerous other diseases....yet a majority of people think their money is best spent by giving to an already wealthy family! Not sure where society's priorities are?

Phoenixent
23rd October 2011, 04:27
Mods please close this before someone else tells this ****er where to go.........

23rd October 2011, 05:12
Mods please close this before someone else tells this ****er where to go.........

Don't be a tool! It's an honest question, and not to be used as an excuse for pukes like you to act like a classless loser!

call_me_andrew
23rd October 2011, 05:14
It is a good question. Wheldon mentioned having enough money to retire on (at 33). It would be nice to know his kids can afford a good education, but there are probably more deserving charities.

23rd October 2011, 05:58
I got banned from a similar discussion forum online, for this exact question! Seems as if you have to be publicly crucified if you question anything that has to do with Dan Wheldon at this point! He was a great racer, and as a result, made alot of money! Not sure where it all went, or why his family is requesting MORE money? I'd rather pay to cure Cancer than pay for Mrs. Wheldon's gardeners or her insurance on her Florida Mansion! Just saying....

Mark in Oshawa
23rd October 2011, 06:59
Boinicotti, it is a relevent question I suppose if you are one of these bleeding hearts who cannot sleep at night for all the ills in the world. I am going to be charitable however and not say you are that. The thing is, in reality, yes, there are lots of people probably needing help in this world, but you know what? Racing fans will support their sport, and their "Family". What is more, they have enough compassion to give to many different charities and to each their own.

Personally, I think Dan's kids are going to do without a lot because of the events a week ago, and if people want to give to Dan's family, so be it. What is more, how do you know there is a) a Mansion, or b) gardeners? Is it actually any of your business. The fact is, you don't know...and two small kids lost their father, and I would feel good about donating to an education fund for them....but that's just me.....

23rd October 2011, 07:20
Well Canadian Mark.....I've got family in St. Pete FL, and it's very well known where Dan lived. I've seen the place. It's right on the water, boat docked out back, lots of landscaping...etc. THAT is how I know about the Mansion and the Gardener, but thats not the point! The point is, why does society feel like being wasteful! This is just a small example of people grossly misappropriating their funds towards a cause that's not worthy of receiving them! You can't honestly tell me that you feel like it's ok to inflate the bank account of a family who's known net value is north of $20 million dollars??? Dan even said it himself "I'm 33, and have enough to retire today! I don't have to race! I want to race!".....that right there tells me that the common citizen has no business being shamed into breaking off a piece of his/her paychecks so that a rich widow doesn't have to go out and get a job like the rest of us. She'd rather WE support her family for her. Yeah, I said it!

Mark
23rd October 2011, 09:17
Erm, perhaps we're working off a faulty assumption here. Every trust I've ever heard of the money goes to charity, NOT the family.

It would be a shame if people don't donate because of a misunderstanding.

Maybe this isn't the case but perhaps we should find out first?

jwhite9185
23rd October 2011, 10:12
Ive wondered the same, as I'm sure theres a life insurance policy that pays out. Although I'm led to believe that most of the donations will be going to the Alzheimer's charity that Dan supported, and not to his family.

F1boat
23rd October 2011, 10:23
Awful question. I'm disgusted by you, boinicotti. You are a horrible human being.

Ranger
23rd October 2011, 10:33
Does anyone else see something wrong with donating our money to the wife of a late Millionaire racecar driver?? People are dying of cancer and strokes and numerous other diseases....yet a majority of people think their money is best spent by giving to an already wealthy family! Not sure where society's priorities are?

Too soon.

heliocastroneves#3
23rd October 2011, 11:38
Of course a lot of money goes to the Alzheimer's charity that Danny supported. Do you think all the money is for the Wheldon family to keep in their wallets, boinicotti?! Two kids lost their father, and I would feel good either to donate to an education fund for Dan's kids. Everyone has their own priorities to where they're going to spent their money. We, racing fans, support our sport and Dan Wheldon was part of that.

Probably a lot of money goes to the charities which Dan supported. ;)

00steven
23rd October 2011, 12:41
Bull****. Shut this thread down.

garyshell
23rd October 2011, 14:10

It might be an honest question IF you had been a member of this forum and participated here for a while. But as it is, you joined today and have left a total of four messages, all of them in this thread. Therefore one can only draw the conclusion you are here a) because you got booted from that other forum and want to vent b) you ARE a tool and only want to stir up trouble.

I don't think the trust is about giving money as you so tastelessly put it, "to the wife of a late Millionaire racecar driver". I think it is about folks wanting to do something to show their support of a family who just gave us their most valuable asset, the life of their loved one. If you don't understand that concept I highly suggest you do two things: a) check for a pulse b) look yourself in the mirror and ask "when did I loose all sense of compassion".

Gary

SoCalPVguy
23rd October 2011, 14:41

Legitimate question or not, I am still offended.

If a "rich" soldier dies in battle defending our country, is it your position that his widow and kids should not receive the pensions available to the survivors ?

SoCalPVguy
23rd October 2011, 14:44

my second opinion of your post is that I think you are some kind of Occupy Wall Street troll using inflammatory rhetoric typical of that crowd like "millionaire driver", "wealthy family", "society's priorities". You have no idea beyond your preconceived notions of what Dan Weldon's financial situation is. Go back to Zucotti Park !!!

pete c
23rd October 2011, 15:30
What a worthless human being you are boinicotti.
People like you sadden me.

Phoenixent
23rd October 2011, 18:31
Erm, perhaps we're working off a faulty assumption here. Every trust I've ever heard of the money goes to charity, NOT the family.

It would be a shame if people don't donate because of a misunderstanding.

Maybe this isn't the case but perhaps we should find out first?

This thread should have been shutdown as it is not the time to think about this but of Dan's kids..... If boinicotti has this issue maybe he should address all the POS movie stars, directors and producers that make 10s of millions of dollars each film about them donating to fight cancer. I remember film industry pukes asking for the public to donate money to save old films but they themselves did not. This thread should be shut down or moved to Chit Chat...........