PDA

View Full Version : Sutil

Koz
22nd October 2011, 22:57
Where can he go now?

All seats seem full now unless he will go for Virgin or HRT?

tfp
22nd October 2011, 23:46
Has he been dropped from force india??

Koz
23rd October 2011, 03:49
Not yet, FI will announce drivers in December... But it appears Hulk has been signed and I can't see them getting rid of di Resta, he's done a good enough job and matched Sutil; no doubt he would also be cheaper.

kfzmeister
23rd October 2011, 05:03
Not sure where he's gonna go, but what does he really bring to the table? I think he may want to talk to Haug about a seat in the DTM :(

ioan
23rd October 2011, 15:02
Lotus Renault? Or Renault Lotus?

Koz
23rd October 2011, 21:41
Lotus Renault? Or Renault Lotus?

Trulli has a contract and HK is a better driver.

After he went stabby-stabby at that fella I can't see him at Renault.

ioan
23rd October 2011, 23:10
After he went stabby-stabby at that fella I can't see him at Renault.

You're right, Renault Lotus Genii (whatever the team's name is nowadays) are not into signing drivers based on performance. Given that Kubica won't come back there isn't better than Sutil available, unless they chose to keep the current line up, whom between the two of them did score 4 points in the last 5 races or so!

Was the stabbing episode ever fully clarified?

BDunnell
23rd October 2011, 23:13

I was going to say — as far as I know, we don't know whether, legally, it is accurate to say that he 'went stabby-stabby' at anyone!

ioan
23rd October 2011, 23:18
I was going to say — as far as I know, we don't know whether, legally, it is accurate to say that he 'went stabby-stabby' at anyone!

I am also curious what happened there, I don't remember seeing any official juridical statement.

BDunnell
23rd October 2011, 23:24
I am also curious what happened there, I don't remember seeing any official juridical statement.

After how many months?

ioan
23rd October 2011, 23:46
After how many months?

I would guess 6 months by now.

Koz
24th October 2011, 00:02

Who knows... But seeing as he is essenitally the team's master and overlord, I suspect he wouldn't like to hire Sutil.

And anyway, I think the Senna name and the Petrov money are more important than performance.

Dr. Krogshöj
24th October 2011, 00:07
It doesn't matter what really happened as long as the fellow at Genii holds a grudge against Adrian. I think he's a good driver, he has a little Medion money to bring along, so I'd expect him to find a seat. As for Petrov, he has a contract signed with the Enstone team for 2012, for whatever it is worth.

MadDan
24th October 2011, 02:24
Renault Lotus?

i do not think he would go there after the glassing

MadDan
24th October 2011, 02:31
I would guess 6 months by now.
16 May 2011

no new news when you do a google search on it

jens
24th October 2011, 19:58
Have to feel sorry for Sutil. To recap his career quickly, he was quite crash-happy in his first three F1 seasons and whoever doubted his F1 worthiness back then, had arguments. But in the last two seasons he has developed into a consistent and mature driver, who can score a decent amount of points over a full season for his team for WCC.

The way Sutil is likely to lose his place in F1 is quite reminiscent of Heidfeld from 2009. Done everything right, good consistent driving and outscoring his talented, young team-mate and then suddenly bam - no F1 seat in the game of musical chairs.

I think he would be a good fit for Williams if the Kimi-rumours fail to materialize. So there is still hope.

CNR
27th October 2011, 22:18
I will give my decision to Sutil soon: Mallya | News | NDTVSports.com (http://sports.ndtv.com/formula-1/news/item/180297-i-will-give-my-decision-to-sutil-soon-mallya)

Vijay Mallya on Thursday refused to reveal whether he will retain Adrian Sutil for the next season but said he would convey his decision to the German driver whenever he wants.

from a link i do not wish to post

Even di Resta, Sutil's current race teammate, is not feeling comfortable.
"It (the December announcement) does play on your mind, I won't deny it," he told the Guardian. "You have got to keep showing the results

i think this is a bit(#%$#$#%%$) unfair so atleast let them know so they have time to look for another drive

zako85
27th October 2011, 22:32
It would be cool to see him in IndyCar next year.

jens
28th October 2011, 12:34
i think this is a bit(#%$#$#%%$) unfair so atleast let them know so they have time to look for another drive

I think a driver, whose future is unclear, would be wise to look for an alternative option anyway. But what they might find difficult to do, is committing to another drive (if it's in an inferior team).

ioan
28th October 2011, 12:41
Mallya is behaving like if he was the lord of a middle age village. Hopefully this will bite him where it hurts more.

Malbec
28th October 2011, 12:49

Eric Lux did put in a criminal complaint somewhere about it though I don't know what happened as a result. I think its safe to say something unpleasant happened and that glassing an investor at LRGP isn't the best way to get a job there!

Sutil might have a place in one of the tailenders with his Medeon investment, otherwise for someone in his shoes (quick but with no manufacturer backing) the options are limited.

ioan
28th October 2011, 13:12
Medion investment might be exactly what Renault Lotus is looking for if Senna's money doesn't turn up next season! ;)
Just kidding!

Garry Walker
29th October 2011, 09:09
Mallya is behaving like if he was the lord of a middle age village. Hopefully this will bite him where it hurts more.

Well, I am sure he will be careful not to anger The Slasher.

ioan
29th October 2011, 12:39
Well, I am sure he will be careful not to anger The Slasher.

Sutil happens to be the best driver ever to grace one of Mallya's cars, what he does outside the track shouldn't be a reason to judge his perfomance.

Dave B
29th October 2011, 12:53
Sutil happens to be the best driver ever to grace one of Mallya's cars, what he does outside the track shouldn't be a reason to judge his perfomance.

Which is why we've never had a thread criticising Hamilton, for example, for spending time with rappers or "hooning" in a road car.

Oh wait...

BDunnell
29th October 2011, 13:09

Quite apart from the comment before this one being entirely valid, would you still say that if, say, a driver raped someone? Would it not matter? And do you extend the same liberal attitude to, say, politicians?

Mia 01
29th October 2011, 17:12
One of the drivers who got to pay.

And in his case pay around 30 million dollars.

ioan
29th October 2011, 20:32
Quite apart from the comment before this one being entirely valid, would you still say that if, say, a driver raped someone? Would it not matter? And do you extend the same liberal attitude to, say, politicians?

Did I miss something about a driver raping someone?
Do we know the truth about the Sutil incident?
Are you making strange assumptions just for the sake of it?

Answers:
No
No
Yes

CNR
30th October 2011, 00:52
Do we know the truth about the Sutil incident?
Are you making strange assumptions just for the sake of it?

Answers:
No
No
Yes
all in all how do we know that something like that was not happening to Sutil(attempted rape) at that nightclub ?
http://www.flagworld.com/news/?p=58566

“I was prepared for whatever was coming, it was just funny that it took so long.”
As for the possible court proceedings, he insisted: “We want the truth, absolutely. I hope it will come to light soon. I am ready to defend myself.”

ioan
30th October 2011, 11:24
Interesting!

Garry Walker
30th October 2011, 15:10

Just like I am the best ever driver to drive my own car, but that doesnt make me special.

ioan
30th October 2011, 23:00
Just like I am the best ever driver to drive my own car, but that doesnt make me special.

But no one said you are special! :)

BDunnell
30th October 2011, 23:08

Clearly, I was posing a hypothetical question as to whether it is possible to separate someone's personal life from their professional one. Given that you offered the view that 'what he does outside the track shouldn't be a reason to judge his perfomance', it is entirely reasonable to ask whether you feel this applies in all possible circumstances.

Knock-on
31st October 2011, 08:53
But no one said you are special! :)

I think you are ;) Very special :)

I have always liked Sutil but think he will be very lucky to keep his seat. He only really turned up this year when Paul started pushing him and but for some bad luck and rookie mistakes, PdR would be creaming him. I don't think Adrian is going to really shine in F1 like I hoped and feel a DTM or WTC series is the way forward for this talented driver.

SGWilko
31st October 2011, 11:12

What, Alonso effectively rapes Massa every other weekend.........

ioan
4th November 2011, 16:28
What, Alonso effectively rapes Massa every other weekend.........

I dare suggest that's a gangbang.

Robinho
6th November 2011, 21:07
best. 2. posts. ever.