PDA

View Full Version : Hulkenberg to replace Sutil in 2012

zako85
21st October 2011, 22:49
Some breaking news today

http://www.planet-f1.com/driver/3213/7256828/-Hulkenberg-to-replace-Sutil-at-Force-India-

It would be cool to see what Hulkenberg can do with Force India team cars.

Koz
22nd October 2011, 16:02
Is Sutil remaining as TD, or looking elsewhere? I'd like to see him in a better car as I think he'll shine.

Probably see him in Williams if the Kimi rumours are false.

Stuartf12007
22nd October 2011, 17:59
Hulkenberg will take force India to the next level.

Bezza
24th October 2011, 09:14
Since the story a couple of weeks ago emerged that Williams were considering both Kimi and Sutil, I've been expected Adrian to be announced sooner rather than later.

I would expect them both at Williams for 2012. With Kimi's draw for sponsors, Maldonado would not be required for sponsorship. I believe that Kimi has been at Williams to source sponsors in order to get the contract. Sutil would be a very good No. 2 driver for them as they embark on a comeback season, which I would expect to only come to fruition in 2013.

Koz
24th October 2011, 09:38
I would expect them both at Williams for 2012. With Kimi's draw for sponsors, Maldonado would not be required for sponsorship. I believe that Kimi has been at Williams to source sponsors in order to get the contract. Sutil would be a very good No. 2 driver for them as they embark on a comeback season, which I would expect to only come to fruition in 2013.

Rumours have Maldonado's contributions at 10m.
That's a lot of money. Seeing as Williams will finish at the bottom of the field this year, they will need every cent than can muster.

I recall Sutil also has sponsors, does anyone know how much they bring into FI?

Nikki Katz
24th October 2011, 19:10
I think Hulkenberg's a great driver, but Sutil's had a really strong year. Unless they're worried about the GBH charge (which seems to have gone quiet) I just don't see the sense in it. This isn't like replacing Liuzzi with di Resta.

Williams is a bit of a move backwards at the moment, but if this is true then that's most likely where he'll end up. They don't seem overly thrilled with Barrichello, and I'd be shocked if Raikkonen actually did make an F1 comeback in a back of midfield team which could be overtaken by Lotus/Caterham/AirAsia/1Malaysia next year.

jens
24th October 2011, 21:13
I think this was always going to be a hard decision for Force India, because all three drivers are worthy of an F1 drive. FI has the habit of changing drivers and looking for a better one - hence they were sort of fortunate that Liuzzi underperformed last year, making the decision of replacing easier. But Sutil must be feeling more hard-done. But as we remember, even if Fisichella hadn't gone to Ferrari in late '09, he was also going to get pushed out in favour of Liuzzi despite having driven well that year for the team. Sutil is much younger though and must feel his career is forced to get ended prematurely.

With Sutil-di Resta combo they already have a pairing, who is capable of scoring good amount of points over a full season given the car. With Hülkenberg they may do worse, around the same or better - yet to be found out. But yeah, perhaps by now Sutil has reached the stage of the career, where he is not expected to be a future WDC (although who knows, Button stayed in midfield for long too!) and an ambitious Mallya with a rising team feels the need to take gambles of getting hands onto possible 'future superstars'. Like Eddie Jordan and Peter Sauber became famous for bringing up new talents.

Wonder, who is going to be Force India's reserve driver in 2012 to replace either di Resta or Hulk a year later. :p : Although if Schumacher is going to quit then, the drivers will get fortunate as very likely one of them will move up to take his place. For Sutil that would come a year too late though.