PDA

View Full Version : RACC Rally de Espana - drivers left in the dust!

focus117
21st October 2011, 15:53
Looks like Loeb can make it through without being seriously challenged. The dust really threw off a lot of drivers starting from behind!

The organizers did place three-minute gaps between starts, but that doesn't seem to have helped either.

What does everyone think about this? Could there have been a way to make it better?

N.O.T
21st October 2011, 16:44
4 minute gaps....

now remove this thread and put it in the official spain section as a post.

tfp
21st October 2011, 17:30
The combination of dust on the windscreen and bright sunshine makes a fairly dangerous situation, not least making it difficult for every driver exept Loeb. 4 minute gaps as NOT said would be one solution, either that or pray for rain like last year:-)

Francis44
21st October 2011, 19:33
I dont think this is thread worthy.

Leon
21st October 2011, 19:35
I have to agree with a post on the spain thread, old drivers will be laughing at todays comments from the so called leading drivers. They were used to drive a lot at night with or without dust for much more kilometres without much rest. I hate the fact that current drivers always complain and want "easy" rallysprint type events. they blame night driving, they blame the dust, they even blamed Finland as a dangerously fast event. Enough with excuses, go home and drive simhulators, playstation and the rest.Pu@@ies

pete c
22nd October 2011, 02:10
Armchair experts are always so right in their opinion of the top drivers.....lol

Brother John
24th October 2011, 07:32
The organization had only to spray water on the stages!!!
Oh yes it is still difficult to do that!!!

dimviii
24th October 2011, 11:28

Where is Not when you need him?

Mirek
24th October 2011, 12:03
Looks like Loeb can make it through without being seriously challenged. The dust really threw off a lot of drivers starting from behind!

The organizers did place three-minute gaps between starts, but that doesn't seem to have helped either.

What does everyone think about this? Could there have been a way to make it better?

I personally don't see any issue with that. OK, once starting first helped Loeb but dozen times it damaged him by sweeping. Agree with Francis, don't think it worth some special discussion.

24th October 2011, 12:05
Great drive by Loeb, I'm really happy for Jari-Matti Latvala. He's driving really well and I can't wait to see what he does in GB. He will be fast!!

mousti
24th October 2011, 14:52
I though it were even 2 minute gaps :p , because the waiting gap between the cars was going pretty well fast :D . But in the morning for sure without any wind the dust was hanging a long time on some places! And in the dark they even needed to shut the light cabine off because otherwise they would be fully blinded.

mousti
24th October 2011, 14:54
Impossible, u need to do then 5 runs with water on it to make it fully wet, and the stages were so long. On the shakedown they did one run after 15 minutes it was dry again.