PDA

View Full Version : Jockeys with whips

driveace
14th October 2011, 15:43
some jockeys have announced that they will be unavailable to race on Monday as a protest at the proposed ban on the use of whips in racing.Thought it was down to a horses ability ,and the expertise of a GOOD jockey as to the result of a horse race ,not who can dish out the MOST punishment to a horse to force its ability to win a race.
we know that horses are supposed to like and enjoy racing ,but the wheel marks caused by the whip by some jockeys is out and out disgraceful !

Dave B
14th October 2011, 16:31
A jockey strike? Crack on. It's not like they're nurses or firemen.

Roamy
14th October 2011, 17:31
some jockeys have announced that they will be unavailable to race on Monday as a protest at the proposed ban on the use of whips in racing.Thought it was down to a horses ability ,and the expertise of a GOOD jockey as to the result of a horse race ,not who can dish out the MOST punishment to a horse to force its ability to win a race.
we know that horses are supposed to like and enjoy racing ,but the wheel marks caused by the whip by some jockeys is out and out disgraceful !

Mosely will be brokenhearted :)

Mark
14th October 2011, 18:20
Let them strike. If they don't want to race again they will soon be replaced.

Bolton Midnight
14th October 2011, 18:27
Huge money spinner though.

Don't think it is them wanting to use whips more that the penalties are too severe.

schmenke
14th October 2011, 18:56
I can imagine the picket lines will be short.

donKey jote
14th October 2011, 18:57
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Rollo
15th October 2011, 03:25
Whips the new stimulus package | The Australian (http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/whips-the-new-stimulus-package/story-e6frg7mf-1226099305790)
"The excessive or incorrect use of a whip on any horse, including the whipping of horses unable to improve their position in a race field, is not condoned."
- Australian Veterinary Association position, from The Australian, 22nd July 2011.

Padded whips have been compulsory in Australia since 2009. If Australian jockeys have adapted, then I see no reason why the jockeys in Britain need to go on strike.

driveace
15th October 2011, 18:23
I would say that most of the horse racing I have seen,on TV or on course the use of the whip has always been excessive !

ioan
23rd October 2011, 23:40
Those who went on strike for this should be revoked their human rights. Stupid d!ckheads.

BDunnell
23rd October 2011, 23:43
Those who went on strike for this should be revoked their human rights. Stupid d!ckheads.

A possible over-reaction.

ioan
23rd October 2011, 23:45
A possible over-reaction.

You can't give them a good whipping otherwise.