PDA

View Full Version : It's that Friday feeling

CarlMetro
14th October 2011, 15:18
With all this doom, gloom, political hatred and downright nastiness on the forum as of late, it's about time we had a nice thread for a change :D

Oh yeah, the sun is shining, sky is blue and the weekend is just around the corner. Not too much joy for me personally because I'm working all day tomorrow and Sunday morning too but then I have a little trip to see all my family and enjoy a catch up and a nice roast dinner.

So, come on then, what's your plans for the weekend?

555-04Q2
14th October 2011, 15:25
Held three dealer conferences this last week so I am ferked mon!

Gonna hang around the house with the family and get smashed :D

Allyc85
14th October 2011, 15:26
Ive got a 3 day weekend but being skint im going to spend it doing sweet FA!!

Alexamateo
14th October 2011, 15:32
I'll be working hard this weekend through Monday, but that's because the kids are on Fall Break from school, so we'll be going on vacation (holiday for you Brits) starting next Tuesday. I'm self-employed so I have to do all of next weeks work now, before I go. You know how it is when you're self-employed, your boss is a real slave-driver and quite the jerk. :D

Knock-on
14th October 2011, 15:33
Well, Scooby has just left mine en-route to Silverstone and I have just relieved the CO-OP of a 230g bar of Cadburys Whole Nut which I intend scoffing as much of until the kids get home from school.

Then it down the Boozer for a catch up with an old mate.

Happy days :beer:

Dave B
14th October 2011, 16:37
Watched practice in bed with the wife, who is now filling the house with the smell of freshly baked cakes and biscuits. Just come in from mowing the lawn in shorts and t-shirt (don't picture it!) even though it's October, and am just about to freshen up before going out for a steak.

Tomorrow qualifying from the comfort of bed, then some friends round, and seeing my dad. Sunday watching the F1, probably in bed again, then a huge roast dinner including a delicious Gressingham duck and a bottle or two of red.

No complaints from me!

slinkster
14th October 2011, 17:09
I did have plans to be taken out for a meal tonight but my bloke just informed me he'll be working tonight so looks like it's a meal for one tonight! Shopping tomorrow, cooking for my parents on Sunday.

Roamy
14th October 2011, 17:25
Wine Cigars walk the dog and of course football

Dave B
14th October 2011, 17:34
Wine Cigars walk the dog and of course football

Actual football or that weird rugby type thing you like over there? :p

Mark
14th October 2011, 17:49
Weekend is scrubbing the bathroom! But just got back from a 2 day trip to Fountains Abbey and Harrogate with wife and baby.

Eki
14th October 2011, 17:58
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.

donKey jote
14th October 2011, 18:07
kids are off school for 2 weeks on mid-term holliers so we're off to Spain tomorrow morning to give my dad a surprise as he's 80 on Tuesday. All decided yesterday :s :D :bandit:

pino
14th October 2011, 18:18
Working on my garden, playing the new WRC game on PS3, walking my dogs, watching F1/football and cooking great dinners...yes a very busy weekend :D

schmenke
14th October 2011, 19:10
Nothing exciting on the go this w/end.

Have a bit of tinkering to do on the POS to try to stem an oil leak. That should take a couple of hours and a couple of beers.

Other than that, just the usual exercise of trying to keep up with the kids and, the ubiquitous work around the casa.

Hope to catch the semi-finals of the RWC, and watch the Habs loose again ( :s ), all with a pint or two…

Ooh, I’m also looking forward to picking up Forza 4! :D

GridGirl
14th October 2011, 20:42
We are planning to get up early tomorrow to hopefully go cycling with a friend. If our friend is still able to come we will cycle 30-40 miles and if he can't make it we will probably cycle a bit further. Will probably catch up on qualifying sometime tomorrow afternoon and then we're off out for a curry in Bradford before seeing Dave Gorman's PowerPoint tour. You can't beat curry and comedy on a Saturday night.

Sunday will be spent watching the GP, doing my ironing (boring) and most likely baking a cake of some sort before cooking a roast for tea. Hopefully going to try and go swimming at some point on Sunday but might end up catching up on some work instead.

GridGirl
14th October 2011, 20:47
Weekend is scrubbing the bathroom! But just got back from a 2 day trip to Fountains Abbey and Harrogate with wife and baby.

How dirty is the bathroom? :s

Love Fountains Abbey. :)

Brown, Jon Brow
14th October 2011, 21:42
I'm off work till next Saturday now so I have a big Friday feeling.

Up early tomorrow for F1 quali, then I'll probably race the circuit on the Xbox. F1/BTCC Sunday, Go-Karting with mates on Monday, night out pretending i'm still a student on Tuesday, sleep Wednesday :)

CaptainRaiden
15th October 2011, 13:33
Working whole day Saturday... :dozey:

But Sunday is gonna be F1 in the morning, F1 2011 in between, MotoGP in the afternoon, cook some Indian curries to go along with the nice whiskey, then probably a night out. :crazy:

race aficionado
15th October 2011, 17:23

wife, baby . . . . okay Mark, time to catch up. I look forward to the time when you will bring them over to the Big Apple some day.

race

oh, and as for my weekend; work, work, work and of course some football that fousto will also be watching - and of course fast forwarding F1 and Nascar on my DVR.

:s mokin:

donKey jote
15th October 2011, 21:43
lovely and warm in Madrid :D

Eki
15th October 2011, 23:01
:mad: rid

CaptainRaiden
19th October 2011, 11:29
Well, it didn't work out quite as I planned for Sunday. A nice surprise visit from relatives we don't really care about, ruined the whole day. :)

Rollo
19th October 2011, 11:59
The week before last I took 4/17 with the ball and last week in our innings I made 3 not out with the bat - summer in Australia equals cricket.
(Oh yeah, England are playing India in India on Thursday and a 2-0 down in the series).

Dave B
19th October 2011, 14:08
Well, it didn't work out quite as I planned for Sunday. A nice surprise visit from relatives we don't really care about, ruined the whole day. :)

If it's any consolation, it didn't quite go to plan on Sunday for me either: the duck was off so we binned it and had a giant kebab! :facelick: