PDA

View Full Version : Sahara Force India in 2012

Ranger
12th October 2011, 21:29
Good news for the team and for F1. With the team being sponsored mostly by Mallya's brands this year I didn't think they were going anywhere soon.

Sahara Group becomes Force India co-owner - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/95295)

Indian sports promoter Sahara India Pariwar has taken a 42.5 per cent shareholding in the Force India team, which will be renamed Sahara Force India.

The $100 million deal was announced at a press conference in New Delhi today. Team principal Vijay Mallya retains 42.5 per cent ownership, with the remaining 15 per cent share remaining in the hands of the Mol family, who became co-owners during the squad's Spyker era.

Hopefully they will change that awful livery too! :p

i_max2k2
13th October 2011, 16:54
I'm hoping with more money, they might start mixing with the big boys soon.

Dr. Krogshöj
15th October 2011, 14:31
Hopefully they will change that awful livery too! :p

I actually like the livery, not a lot of orange or green on the grid, but I think they might switch to India's national sporting colour (blue). That's what A1GP Team India used.

jens
15th October 2011, 14:57
I also like the current livery. I think the team has been performing as well as possible given the resources, so further financial boost is welcome. I am not sure it is enough to start mixing it with the 'big boys' though, perhaps they can consolidate their position as a top6 team on the grid.

Malbec
15th October 2011, 16:38
Is Sahara really going to invest money into the team? I thought 100 million was what they paid for a stake, not what they were investing on upgrading the team

steveaki13
15th October 2011, 20:12
I also like the Force India livery, lets hope they can really develop into a top 4 team one day.

Ranger
16th October 2011, 02:20
I actually like the livery, not a lot of orange or green on the grid, but I think they might switch to India's national sporting colour (blue). That's what A1GP Team India used.

The shade of orange FI has is awful.

This, on the other hand, was orange done properly on an F1 car:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3241/2519380822_3b94d15a8c.jpg