PDA

View Full Version : News help

Tixy54
10th October 2011, 18:04
Please can anybody tell me if all cars will run under NGTC spec next season or will we have a mixture of specifications again

cos
10th October 2011, 19:21
A mix again - probably about half the grid in full NGTC-spec, most of the rest S2000 but with NGTC engines.

PDS
10th October 2011, 23:16
Yeah. almost certain they will ALL be NGTC powered..

Andrew Webster
11th October 2011, 08:24
Yeah. almost certain they will ALL be NGTC powered..

No.

According to Alan Gow in a recent Q&A:

Q: There looks set to be a proliferation of NGTC-spec cars for 2012. Four teams have already fielded them in 2011 and now the factory Honda Racing Team plus leading privateers Triple Eight Race Engineering and Pirtek Racing have announced they will take this route for 2012. Others are also making serious noises about switching to this new breed of car for next season – surely vindicating TOCA’s decision to take the BTCC in this direction?

A:“There’s a lot more than ‘serious noises’ coming from other teams. But I would guess that around half the grid next year will be NGTC cars – and that’s not only impressive validation of the new regulations but also a ringing endorsement of the BTCC itself and the commitment teams are making to the championship."

I am sure that Seat have confirmed they will NOT be using NGTC engines or spec and will be sticking to S2000 next year.

Andrew Webster
11th October 2011, 08:26
Now this could be a tactical move on Seat's part. If they are the only S2000 team next year and the promised 'parity' is still in effect then all the other teams will have to be pegged back to their level. That might raise a few eyebrows.

Darlo
11th October 2011, 10:17
Special Tuning Racing have already installed a turbo engine to the Leon for this season, therefore I imagine they have just committed to running the Leon in S2000 spec with a NGTC engine rather than a full NGTC??

AndySpeed
11th October 2011, 10:35
I haven't heard any noises coming directly from SEAT, what have you been hearing Mr Webster?

Alfa Fan
11th October 2011, 12:31
Making stuff up and get his facts wrong. Nothing new here.

PDS
11th October 2011, 20:21
No.

According to Alan Gow in a recent Q&A:

Q: There looks set to be a proliferation of NGTC-spec cars for 2012. Four teams have already fielded them in 2011 and now the factory Honda Racing Team plus leading privateers Triple Eight Race Engineering and Pirtek Racing have announced they will take this route for 2012. Others are also making serious noises about switching to this new breed of car for next season – surely vindicating TOCA’s decision to take the BTCC in this direction?

A:“There’s a lot more than ‘serious noises’ coming from other teams. But I would guess that around half the grid next year will be NGTC cars – and that’s not only impressive validation of the new regulations but also a ringing endorsement of the BTCC itself and the commitment teams are making to the championship."

I am sure that Seat have confirmed they will NOT be using NGTC engines or spec and will be sticking to S2000 next year.

Firstly, if you read what Gow has said, he talks about NGTC CARS! Not engines..
Secondly, everyone apart from James has said recently they want to change to NGTC.
Thirdly, Why would Boardman go back to using S2000 power and become a force of one in 2012?

On that note. I will predict that in 2012 nearly ALL the top teams will be running NGTC CARS. As Alan Gow states 50% of the grid will be NGTC cars. And ALL cars will have NGTC power!

BDunnell
11th October 2011, 20:24

Given that he only ever posts rants about Plato, maybe he forgot that he was no longer driving for SEAT...

VkmSpouge
11th October 2011, 20:59
Secondly, everyone apart from James has said recently they want to change to NGTC.

Chris James in the previous Inside BTCC issue stated that he wants to switch to NGTC or at least have a turbo engined car next year.

PDS
11th October 2011, 22:18
Chris James in the previous Inside BTCC issue stated that he wants to switch to NGTC or at least have a turbo engined car next year.
Thanks.. I stand corrected.

Andrew Webster
12th October 2011, 18:29

Given that he only ever posts rants about Plato, maybe he forgot that he was no longer driving for SEAT...

Ouch, attacked by a keyboard warrior and his buddy, how will i get over it.... if thats how you play on here then thats just fine :)

Tixy54
18th October 2011, 22:50
So then it seems me, being sarcastic as always, we're in for another season of rule changes, depending on who moans the most. We can't compete, they've got more power than us, we catch up in the corners and then on the straight they just leave us behind, it's a farce. Does this ring any bells?

Dave B
19th October 2011, 14:06
...if thats how you play on here then thats just fine :)
Yes. How we play on here is that it's fine to offer an opinion, even an unpopular one, but if you state facts you should be expected to provide evidence when questioned. Pretty simple stuff.