Knock-on
9th October 2011, 08:56
Whoever was in charge of cocking up the television transmission :(

ioan
9th October 2011, 08:57
No technical problems here.

Robinho
9th October 2011, 08:57
yeah, everyone drove well. Torro Rosso for not attaching a tyre properly. TV coverage for cocking up the top 3 driver interviews

Dave B
9th October 2011, 08:58
It has been a bit hit'n'miss today, hasn't it? Thank goodness for the onboard feed, because the world feed director missed quite a few incidents which thankfully the replays picked up.

On-track donkey? Nobody really today. Lewis was a bit careless with his love tap on his old buddy, but again it's no worse than many many other racing incidents we've seen.

I suppose my nomination must go to whoever didn't properly attach Buemi's wheel, causing the one and only retirement of the race.

AndyL
9th October 2011, 08:59
TV coverage for cocking up the top 3 driver interviews

Harsh :) at least they saved the worst of the disruption until after the end of the race!

TMorel
Whoever didn't screw Beumis wheel on was about the only real donkey from what I saw.

ioan
I suppose my nomination must go to whoever didn't properly attach Buemi's wheel, causing the one and only retirement of the race.

Yep.

steveaki13
9th October 2011, 09:04
I would like to re itterate that there weren't out and out donkeys

But poor races from

Kobayashi: Sadly botched the start and couldn't recover 7th to 13th
Senna: Poor race don't know why 10th to 16th.

Toro Rosso: For not putting Buemi's wheel on properly

i_max2k2
9th October 2011, 09:31
Speed TV and its commentators, started 15mins late showing some V8 cars race, and it took 20mins for them to realize why alonso's drs was open because of a back marker. I so so wish there was some other channel on which this was broadcasted.

DexDexter
9th October 2011, 09:33
Senna. Petrov took points and he was nowhere.

markabilly
9th October 2011, 10:14
hamilton for qualifying and the bump with massa, again :rolleyes:

wedge
9th October 2011, 14:44
Brundle & DC - OK, I know there will be mistakes and the Lewis looked bad going through Spoon, but I thought it was a major schoolboy error by coming up with half a dozen crazy conspiracy theories when it looked rather obvious - and I was feeling half asleep from staying up all night because of Bathurst I must add - that by going through 130R it was a bloody puncture.

N. Jones
9th October 2011, 14:56
Buemi's pit crew.

edv
9th October 2011, 17:13
Williams/Rubens...his final lap was his fastest of the race and still he finished 17th and only 14 seconds ahead of a Lotus.

ioan
9th October 2011, 18:06
Senna. Petrov took points and he was nowhere.

Well well, what were you expecting from someone who could not beat Chandhok and was blown away by Klien? Heck he was barely faster than Yamamoto.

Robinho
9th October 2011, 18:17
Well well, what were you expecting from someone who could not beat Chandhok and was blown away by Klien? Heck he was barely faster than Yamamoto. keep repeating it and someone will eventually jump on your bandwagon

Robinho
9th October 2011, 18:26
Senna's onboard showed he got gaught up in the scrap behind Kobyashi's slwo start and then someone running wide at the exit of turn 1, and he went from his starting position back to 16th straight away. He also had a slow pitstop which put him out a couple of places further down later on. A lot of the midfield runners, Force India and Renault expecially had their strategies made trickier by the saftey car, whilst the 2 stoppers gained

fandango
9th October 2011, 19:42
Hamilton for the Massa bump. Does he think that all other cars disappear when he gets to that chicane?

I'm starting to feel sorry for Hamilton. I've been critical of him in the past, but the difference now is that he's getting into mess-ups through his own misjudgements, rahter than being too aggressive or enthusiastic.

ioan
9th October 2011, 20:30
Thats all circumstances in the past and a HRT is hardly a proving ground for any driver especially if the car suffers mechanical failures in 9 races. It was virtually undriveable in 2010 and the fact Chandhok outperformed Senna on only 2 occasions adds little credibility IMO. I think whenever a HRT managed to finished a race during 2010 was more down to luck than a driver being better than the other.

It would be hard to base an opinion on circumstances from the future, isn't it! As for the rest, they were all driving the same car which makes it as objective a comparison as it gets.
We've got a guy called Senna (changed his name to make it to F1) who can't keep up with a pay driver, yet some still think the name is most important! :laugh:

ioan
9th October 2011, 20:50
You could always base opinions on circumstances in the present though could you not? Senna's only had a handful of races for Renault and impressed in some and not in others.

He did OK in one race and was crap in the other ones. Then again it depends on ones definition of impressive I guess.

PS: As for MS, whom you felt the need to bring into this discussion for whatever reason, he did beat Senna senior and he's beating the junior at 42 years age. And both Senna's together will never achieve what he did alone.

truefan72
9th October 2011, 22:11

agreed :up:

truefan72
9th October 2011, 22:15
Well well, what were you expecting from someone who could not beat Chandhok and was blown away by Klien? Heck he was barely faster than Yamamoto.

keep repeating it and someone will eventually jump on your bandwagon

Ioan has a point, and it begs to question what Klien, chandhock and (...gasp) Yamamoto would have done in that 2nd renault

i suspect that klien would have done better, Chandhock about equal and Yamamota just a bit worse, but all 3 would have made a couple of Q3's and top 10's in the races
I do like petrov, but to be honest the Renualt is better than its drivers are delivering.

DexDexter
10th October 2011, 08:33
He did OK in one race and was crap in the other ones. Then again it depends on ones definition of impressive I guess.

PS: As for MS, whom you felt the need to bring into this discussion for whatever reason, he did beat Senna senior and he's beating the junior at 42 years age. And both Senna's together will never achieve what he did alone.

Senna came into the team in the middle of the season and has done a very good job considering the amount of running he has had. He's had mixed races but has qualified the car where it is supposed to qualify, every time. Heidfeld, a veteran, didn't do any better.

This team mate comparison is not all there is to it. Using the same logic, as I stated earlier, Ricciardo's future wins and successes are of no worth since he isn't able to match a guy called Liuzzi in a vehicle that cannot be called "a car".

jens
10th October 2011, 15:56
i suspect that klien would have done better, Chandhock about equal and Yamamota just a bit worse, but all 3 would have made a couple of Q3's and top 10's in the races

Chandhok in Q3 and in the points? No way considering, how he was driving for Lotus in Germany. And Yamamoto got pretty much trashed by Sato, so he would have no chance. Klien? Perhaps he would have got some points.

This team mate comparison is not all there is to it. Using the same logic, as I stated earlier, Ricciardo's future wins and successes are of no worth since he isn't able to match a guy called Liuzzi in a vehicle that cannot be called "a car".

From what I have seen, Ricciardo has actually been beating Liuzzi recently. Although this may not be a completely fair comparison as Tonio has had some car problems.

DexDexter
10th October 2011, 18:38
Chandhok in Q3 and in the points? No way considering, how he was driving for Lotus in Germany. And Yamamoto got pretty much trashed by Sato, so he would have no chance. Klien? Perhaps he would have got some points.

From what I have seen, Ricciardo has actually been beating Liuzzi recently. Although this may not be a completely fair comparison as Tonio has had some car problems.

Ok, I haven't followed it very closely recently but in the beginning he lost to Liuzzi in many races which obviously doesn't mean anything to most people but some people base their judgment solely on the comparison between a driver and his team mate, no matter what kind of team the driver is driving for, so Ricciardo's future must be doomed for ever since he lost to Liuzzi a few times.

ioan
10th October 2011, 18:56
I couldn't give a toss about what one driver has achived over the other to be honest. Give me quality over quantity any day of the week.

:laugh: Achievements = quality. Unless you are a Hamy fan!

ioan
10th October 2011, 18:57
Senna came into the team in the middle of the season...

I thought he was their reserve driver since last winter.

ioan
10th October 2011, 19:01
Ioan has a point, and it begs to question what Klien, chandhock and (...gasp) Yamamoto would have done in that 2nd renault

I do like petrov, but to be honest the Renualt is better than its drivers are delivering.

Klien was given the drive and he went 0.5 of a seconds per lap faster than Senna in a car he had never driven before. And it's not Klien has been driving in F1 every other week in the last couple of seasons.

Bruno Senna has got a name and money behind him, otherwise he wouldn't have ever made it to F1 based on performance.

DexDexter
10th October 2011, 19:48
I thought he was their reserve driver since last winter.

A drove the car like one time or two.