PDA

View Full Version : There is always a start for everything

ioan
8th October 2011, 14:42
However if this is true and things go wrong:

American Drones Are Infected with a Computer Virus - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/american-drones-infected-computer-virus-180019767.html)

we might wish we never invented computers.

Eki
8th October 2011, 16:40
Or we might wish we never invented drones.

Bob Riebe
8th October 2011, 16:48
Or we might wish we never invented drones.Yes, carpet bombing with B-52s, is more cost effective.

Brown, Jon Brow
8th October 2011, 17:51
Yes, carpet bombing with B-52s, is more cost effective.

How much is one nuke?

markabilly
8th October 2011, 21:42
depends on size......the larger the better, least that is what donKey's ole lady says as to why she loved me so much before I dumped her for Kate Bosworth

better hope one of those nukes don't get a virus and pop... :eek: .....at least nowhere close to where I live--I have enough trouble sleeeping at night with that slaughter house next door :s mokin:

Zico
8th October 2011, 22:01
A keylogger doesn't post any immediate threat in itself especially for current operator controlled UAV's but the possible hacking of the future autonomous versions must be a major concern.

My Avionics tutor was head of a UAS systems tech team at BAE and was telling us recently about an autonomous UAV project he had been involved with. I'll have to ask him what safeguards are in place to prevent unauthorised control of these things... probably classified though! :)

markabilly
8th October 2011, 22:02
can not imagine why it would be classified.....chinese will hack it anyway

donKey jote
8th October 2011, 22:05
I'll have to ask him ...
sod that... just ask him for the passwords :p

Bolton Midnight
9th October 2011, 03:34
Bound to happen, lets face it the Americans are rubbish at war, they spend half of their time killing their own side.

Dave B
9th October 2011, 17:49
In fairness, they've spent much of this war killing civillians rather than friendly troops. They're learning...

ioan
9th October 2011, 18:13
A keylogger doesn't post any immediate threat in itself especially for current operator controlled UAV's but the possible hacking of the future autonomous versions must be a major concern.

The interesting part, IMO, was about them deleting it and it resurfacing again. Either they don't understand the issue, which is bad, or this software bit is a really good one which again is bad.