PDA

View Full Version : Pocono being repaved! REALLY!

call_me_andrew
7th October 2011, 05:07
http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=PR&Date=20111005&Category=SPORTS&ArtNo=110050318&Ref=AR&MaxW=570&MaxH=370&title=1&border=0

Somone must alert Satan because it's about to snow in Hell!

Jared East
7th October 2011, 05:12
I hate that track.

Sparky1329
7th October 2011, 05:52
It's about time.

Lee Roy
7th October 2011, 17:26
I may try to go there for the first time next year.

00steven
8th October 2011, 23:37
It's about time.

Ditto

speedsville
9th October 2011, 14:41
One if my favorite tracks, the drivers actually have to drive there not just hold the wheel.
Glad to see it repaved, hope it is safer off turn one now.

wedge
9th October 2011, 15:03
Hopefully it won't be billiard table smooth. Part of the attraction have been the bumps.

It's one of my favourite tracks and never bothered by the length of the race.

Sparky1329
10th October 2011, 05:21
I like Pocono because it's so unique. The crazy tight corners make it a real challenge for drivers. I'm sure the drainage issues near turn 3 will be addressed with the repaving as will the outside pit road wall. The Mattioli family has really stepped things up in making improvements.

tstran17_88
29th October 2011, 19:39
Are there any plans to redo the seating? I've heard it's tough to see there. I've never been there, but it's on my bucket list...actually all the tracks I haven't been to are on the list!

call_me_andrew
2nd November 2011, 02:29
Are there any plans to redo the seating? I've heard it's tough to see there. I've never been there, but it's on my bucket list...actually all the tracks I haven't been to are on the list!

As long as you're willing to pay a minimum of $80 per seat, the sightlines aren't so bad. The cheap seats are terrible because the front straightaway is so long, you have to turn your head 80+ degrees to see turns 1 or 3 (turn 2 is usually blocked by infield seating) and it's made especially bad by the fact that people in the cheap seats want to stand during the whole race.

Once you're above the $80 level, you should be able to see the whole track.

Lee Roy
2nd November 2011, 11:58
As long as you're willing to pay a minimum of $80 per seat, the sightlines aren't so bad. The cheap seats are terrible because the front straightaway is so long, you have to turn your head 80+ degrees to see turns 1 or 3 (turn 2 is usually blocked by infield seating) and it's made especially bad by the fact that people in the cheap seats want to stand during the whole race.

Once you're above the $80 level, you should be able to see the whole track.

Thanks for the info, I'll remember that if I go next year. In your opinion, is it better to sit towards the middle of the stands or is it better to sit closer to one of the turns (1 or 3).

call_me_andrew
3rd November 2011, 02:16
That's a matter of priority. Sitting near turn 1 gives the best view of restarts. Start/finish is closer to turn 3 than turn 1, so sitting near turn 3 is best for watching the last corner or the line. The middle will give you the best view of pit road.