PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas-Is anyone here going?

craftygalinstl
4th October 2011, 02:42
Hi there. I have been lurking on this board for many years, never really posted anything besides my pickem choices until now.

I have been a lifelong fan of Indy racing, but haven't been to a race in about 15 years. My husband surprised me with a trip to Las Vegas to the race. I'm so excited, but also have some questions.

So I wanted to ask-what's changed since then? We have tickets for qualifying, practice and Neon garage passes. Do we need anything else?

If anyone has any tips for me, I would greatly appreciate it!

numanoid
4th October 2011, 18:00
You will want to get Pit/Paddock passes if you want to meet drivers and see the cars in the garage. The Neon Garage is something different I think. If you want to park on the infield, you will need to get tickets for that as well.

There are also a lot of events going on outside the track. There is a kickoff party, an indycar parade, Fan village, etc. All are worth checking out.

numanoid
5th October 2011, 03:37
Just learned that there is another event on Saturday at 4PM at the stratosphere. It is the after race for the NASCAR truck series and it will also have Indycar and Indycar lights drivers. I'm staying at the stratosphere so I will for sure be there.