PDA

View Full Version : Free beer and fries

Eki
3rd October 2011, 16:28
That would be great, wouldn't it? I think the government should provide us with them, if they weren't evil.

donKey jote
3rd October 2011, 16:35
Beer and freedom fries yeee hah

Malbec
3rd October 2011, 16:41
That would be great, wouldn't it? I think the government should provide us with them, if they weren't evil.

Ah yes but if an evil government gave free fries and beer would you be evil for taking it?

Mark
3rd October 2011, 16:44
No just smart. Unless the fries were evil fries which turned you evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Malbec
3rd October 2011, 16:50
Personally I have difficulty with concept of beer ever bring evil especially when its free

Rollo
3rd October 2011, 20:30
Personally I have difficulty with concept of beer ever bring evil especially when its free

Victoria Bitter is pretty evil. I notice that they've even changed it to just VB lately, presumably because Victoria Bitter was too hard to spell.

XXXX is called that because you can't put **** on the side of a can and sell it to the public.

schmenke
3rd October 2011, 21:49
I rather enjoyed the VB during my brief sejour to Australia a few years back :erm: .

Fries are evil, but pommes frites are quite nice :D

Eki
3rd October 2011, 22:02
I rather enjoyed the VB during my brief sejour to Australia a few years back :erm: .

Fries are evil, but pommes frites are quite nice :D
Are you saying the Australians prefer the pommies fried? It's like the old Finnish saying "a ruski is a ruski, even if you fried him in butter".

Rudy Tamasz
4th October 2011, 07:51
One of the techniques the Soviet government used to keep people quite was to sell cheap alcohol. Talk about evil...

CarlMetro
4th October 2011, 10:26
Surely if the government gave away free beer and fries that would make it more evil? think of all the calories. Now if it were giving away free natural yoghurt drinks and sticks of celery than that would not be evil

Eki
4th October 2011, 12:27
One of the techniques the Soviet government used to keep people quite was to sell cheap alcohol. Talk about evil...
Sneaky evil. Maybe the Nordic governments put high taxes on alcohol just to get some reaction from the people?

Rollo
4th October 2011, 12:32

In Russia they refer to grammes of alcohol. Does that practice follow throughout the rest of the former USSR?

Rudy Tamasz
4th October 2011, 13:06
In Russia they refer to grammes of alcohol. Does that practice follow throughout the rest of the former USSR?

Meaning, when you calculate dosage of alcohol? Yeah, that practice persists. Unless we are speaking of really heavy drinkers who count liters.

Rudy Tamasz
4th October 2011, 13:08
Sneaky evil. Maybe the Nordic governments put high taxes on alcohol just to get some reaction from the people?

I bet without those taxes the situation with public health in Nordic countries would be a bit different. In fact, I am not sure you would not be able to type your post properly, Eki.

chuck34
4th October 2011, 13:17
I suppose this is supposed to be a light hearted type of thing. But to get just a bit serious for a minute .....

Where did the government get the "free" beer and "free" fries?

Rudy Tamasz
4th October 2011, 13:20
Brew the stuff. Wouldn't you love the idea of Obama brewing an ultra strong malt liquor in the Oval Office just to keep Americans happy? Well, the Oval Office has seen stranger things...

chuck34
4th October 2011, 13:25
Brew the stuff. Wouldn't you love the idea of Obama brewing an ultra strong malt liquor in the Oval Office just to keep Americans happy? Well, the Oval Office has seen stranger things...

Ok so Obama brews it. Who grows the barley? Who grows the hops? Obama? Ok, who grew the seeds for the barley and hops? Obama again? Ok then who drives the stuff to my house? Obama again? Who pays for the gas? Who pays for the truck? etc. etc. Unless Obama has a money tree out back of the White House, he a'int payin'.

Eki
4th October 2011, 17:26
Oval office is just the right shape and size for a large vat.

andytrig32
4th October 2011, 20:37
I could go for some beer and fries.

Rollo
5th October 2011, 01:53
Ok so Obama brews it. Who grows the barley? Who grows the hops? Obama? Ok, who grew the seeds for the barley and hops? Obama again? Ok then who drives the stuff to my house? Obama again? Who pays for the gas? Who pays for the truck? etc. etc. Unless Obama has a money tree out back of the White House, he a'int payin'.

Make Wall St pay for it.
They buggered up your economy royally and held the government to ransom when they fell to pieces. The least they could do is provide happiness to the nation before boardroom execs decide to export more jobs to Thailand et al.

Heck there are 13 million people currently unemployed... maybe they could be put to use.

chuck34
5th October 2011, 12:39
Make Wall St pay for it.
They buggered up your economy royally and held the government to ransom when they fell to pieces. The least they could do is provide happiness to the nation before boardroom execs decide to export more jobs to Thailand et al.

Heck there are 13 million people currently unemployed... maybe they could be put to use.

Who's gonna pay them? You expect Wall Street to work for free? How about the unemployed, how you gonna pay them?

This seems to be the root cause of many issues in today's society. People appear to actually believe that there is actually such a thing as a free lunch, and that there are no un-intended consequences.

Eki
5th October 2011, 13:50
Who's gonna pay them? You expect Wall Street to work for free? How about the unemployed, how you gonna pay them?

This seems to be the root cause of many issues in today's society. People appear to actually believe that there is actually such a thing as a free lunch, and that there are no un-intended consequences.
True. It's like some people appear to actually believe that you can live free without any obligations to anybody.

chuck34
5th October 2011, 14:25
True. It's like some people appear to actually believe that you can live free without any obligations to anybody.

How do you mean?

Eki
5th October 2011, 14:54
How do you mean?
Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose. You won't be totally free until you die. When you live, you have obligations to your family, to your employer, to yourself, etc. You aren't living totally free unless everything including your lunch is free. Closest to that you maybe get if you're a hunter-gatherer hermit in the wilderness.

chuck34
5th October 2011, 19:14
Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose. You won't be totally free until you die. When you live, you have obligations to your family, to your employer, to yourself, etc. You aren't living totally free unless everything including your lunch is free. Closest to that you maybe get if you're a hunter-gatherer hermit in the wilderness.

Again, nothing is free. If I love my family, they love me back. If I work for an employer, they pay me for my services. Etc.

Rollo
5th October 2011, 20:30

Well seeing as you already do pay unemployed people benefits, and Wall Street is already paid an exorbitant amount for essentially doing diddly squat, I'm expecting people to work for the money that you already give them.

Those people are already getting a free lunch, what is so horrible about making people work for the lunch they already get?

chuck34
5th October 2011, 20:34
Well seeing as you already do pay unemployed people benefits, and Wall Street is already paid an exorbitant amount for essentially doing diddly squat, I'm expecting people to work for the money that you already give them.

Those people are already getting a free lunch, what is so horrible about making people work for the lunch they already get?

So we are already paying those who will brew your "free" beer and "free" fries. Nothing is free. You're talking about increasing the value we get for the money we're already paying out. Different thing altogether. But the beer and fries are not free even in your scenario.

schmenke
5th October 2011, 20:47
Again, nothing is free. If I love my family, they love me back. If I work for an employer, they pay me for my services. Etc.

:confused:

Freedom is the ability to do as you wish without consequence.

Loving is not an action but an emotion which cannot be controlled - you cannot “choose” to love someone.

You can choose not to go to work. But unless you have another source of income the consequence is a lack of a means to sustain yourself.

chuck34
5th October 2011, 20:54
:confused:

Freedom is the ability to do as you wish without consequence.

What sort of BS is this? Freedom does not mean there are no consequences. Who ever said that?

schmenke
5th October 2011, 21:14
What sort of BS is this? Freedom does not mean there are no consequences. ...

Then there is such thing as true freedom ;)

(Sorry for the "BS" - I was merely expressing my opinion which is what I thought this forum was for... :rolleyes: )

chuck34
5th October 2011, 21:26
Then there is such thing as true freedom ;)

(Sorry for the "BS" - I was merely expressing my opinion which is what I thought this forum was for... :rolleyes: )

No this forum is for stating opinions. You stated yours, and I stated mine that yours is BS. I have never heard anyone say that freedom ment there were absolutly no consequences to you actions, until you.

Eki
5th October 2011, 21:43
What sort of BS is this? Freedom does not mean there are no consequences. Who ever said that?

Definition. Free of consequences.

Or do you think that a dissident in North Korea is free to speak his mind or flee the country, even when there are consequences?

Bob Riebe
5th October 2011, 21:50
Definition. Free of consequences.

Or do you think that a dissident in North Korea is free to speak his mind or flee the country, even when there are consequences?

Freedom is choosing, and suffering the consquences or one's choices.

Eki
5th October 2011, 21:57
Freedom is choosing, and suffering the consquences or one's choices.
Yep. In North Korea they have the choice of being quiet and stay in the country or speak their mind and leave the country. People in North Korea are free.

I'd say that no one is free, some are just less restricted than others. Or they have different kinds of freedom.

Bob Riebe
5th October 2011, 22:08
Yep. In North Korea they have the choice of being quiet and stay in the country or speak their mind and leave the country. People in North Korea are free.

I'd say that no one is free, some are just less restricted than others. Or they have different kinds of freedom.
You are trying to lump legal freedoms, and one's freedom to make a personal decision as one chooses (nothing, nothing can take that away) in life.

Revolutionaries, whether one agrees with their choices or not, have made decisions against the legal authorities they live under. Nothing can stop them from freely choosing to do so.
Death may be a result, but they are still FREE to choose to revolt.

What many die for is giving legal freedoms to others. It is these legal freedom for which you are correct.

Eki
5th October 2011, 22:18
You are trying to lump legal freedoms, and one's freedom to make a personal decision as one chooses (nothing, nothing can take that away) in life.

Revolutionaries, whether one agrees with their choices or not, have made decisions against the legal authorities they live under. Nothing can stop them from freely choosing to do so.
Death may be a result, but they are still FREE to choose to revolt.

What many die for is giving legal freedoms to others. It is these legal freedom for which you are correct.

Like I said. Being a hunter-gatherer hermit in the wilderness is the closest you can get to freedom while still being alive.

Rollo
5th October 2011, 22:36
So we are already paying those who will brew your "free" beer and "free" fries. Nothing is free. You're talking about increasing the value we get for the money we're already paying out. Different thing altogether. But the beer and fries are not free even in your scenario.

I never said that there was anything free; I think you'll find that the fourth word of my initial post was in fact the word "pay".

CarlMetro
5th October 2011, 22:57
Crikey, I thought this was going to be a fun thread, didn't realise it was going to turn into another political rant thread...........

Rudy Tamasz
6th October 2011, 07:53

I'm afraid they are not getting away that easily with speaking their mind. Labor camp and working sixteen hours a day for a slice of bread seems more likely an option than leaving the country.

Bob Riebe
6th October 2011, 19:40
Ah yes but if an evil government gave free fries and beer would you be evil for taking it?It depends if they were fried in delicious saturated fat, or the horrid vegetable crap they now use.

Gregor-y
6th October 2011, 20:11
I like beer and fries, though I'd rather have fish in lieu of the chips...

7th October 2011, 08:54
I don,t like beer i am a bit of a girl really i dress up like one because i like to do that you man your all the same beer and fries

7th October 2011, 08:57
Rsf is gay

7th October 2011, 08:58
hey everybody my name sam chopping i dress up like a girl

555-04Q2
7th October 2011, 13:55

No, it should be free beers, braai's and biltong all year round. But governments are too evil to do that for any of us :p :