PDA

View Full Version : No.2 driver ‘best way’ for F1 team success - Button (p its about lewis

CNR
3rd October 2011, 07:27
No.2 driver (http://www.inautonews.com/no2-driver-best-way-for-f1-team-success-button)

Oct.3 (GMM/Inautonews.com) Jenson Button has admitted having a clear number 2 driver is the best approach for a formula one team.

Team orders are now legal in F1 and Eddie Irvine, Michael Schumacher’s clear supporting driver at Ferrari in the mid nineties, recently hailed Briton Button as the sport’s new “best number 2″.

Button, 31, is actually the only driver still in the running with Sebastian Vettel for the 2011 title, and 17 points ahead of his high profile teammate Lewis Hamilton.

Knock-on
3rd October 2011, 08:36
And if anyone wants the response from Button:

He told Die Welt newspaper: “The best way for a team to win the world championship would probably be to have a number 1 driver and a number 2 who is happy to be the number two.

“That’s not what we have at McLaren,” insisted Button.

As for Irvine’s recent criticism, Button hit back with an apparent reference to 1999, when the Ulsterman came close to the championship in the wake of Schumacher’s broken leg.

“It’s (Irvine’s comments) very sweet,” the Briton told PA Sport recently. “All I can say is that it was fun winning the world championship, and I hope to do it again.”

I don't think anyone took Eddie seriously when he was a F1 driver so why we should now is beyond me?

CNR
3rd October 2011, 11:11
I had read the full interview before the edited article in the opening post luckily. A very misleading slant thunderbolt I must say.

A very misleading how ?

see http://www.motorsportforums.com/f1/148347-drivers-ask-hamilton-discussion-suzuka.html

CNR
3rd October 2011, 11:55
The article in this thread is about Jenson isn't it? Why are you now quoting an unconfirmed story about Hamilton? In what context is that mean :confused: t?

hay &^**&!! who is button's team mate

The best way for a team to win the world championship would probably be to have a number 1 driver and a number 2 who is happy to be the number two.

Lewis because im black you have a white mother you are the racist one

ArrowsFA1
3rd October 2011, 13:13
Just to clarify thunderbolt, what exactly is the subject of your thread?

52Paddy
8th October 2011, 15:43
Well that was 5 minutes I'm never getting back.

spudrsca
8th October 2011, 16:08
Why are Mclaren sending Lewis so late on his second attempted lap.

When I watch Mclaren this year, it's like Button is the number one driver.
At Monaco, waiting too late to send Lewis for his last lap in qualy, last gp the same and a fuelrig problem.
And again this morning.

And I bet tomorrow, when the harder tires will be good and even some will take them, they will prefer to give him the softer ones when you can't push many laps and must have another pitstop.

CNR
9th October 2011, 09:25
FORMULA ONE - F1: Webber Is Vettel's 'Perfect Number Two' - Frentzen (http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-mark-webber-is-sebastian-vettels-perfect-number-two-frentzen/)

Jenson Button recently made similar comments about the desirability of a number two driver, insisting that the situation does not exist at McLaren.

"Having a competitive teammate is the most important thing for a driver in a top team because it does push you," he is quoted at Suzuka by The Sun.

"(But) having a whole team behind you is great. Knowing they are putting all their efforts just behind you is fantastic. I am sure that is how it feels for Fernando Alonso at Ferrari," added Button.

'hay &^**&!!' isn't a substitute for an insult
richard head

CNR
9th October 2011, 12:38
I've never seen this side of your thunderbolt and I think you are letting yourself down considerably here. You're not one of the usual trolls on here and I don't think calling someone a 'dick head' is appropiate regardless of the backhanded 'Richard' line. Quit the insults mate its not classy at all, and considering I only questioned the point of your thread I think its a little rude and uncalled for!

For anyone who doesn't understand the meaning behind calling someone 'Richard Head':
Richard Head - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia (http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Richard_Head)

Ok i will make this my last post

Knock-on
9th October 2011, 14:09
:confused:

This thread started in the Twilight zone and deteriorated.

CNR
10th October 2011, 02:50
Indeed and thunderbolt has changed his forum name it seems. Out of interest why do people change their name? You get to know posting personalities on here and associate these characters with a particular name, and then the slate is wiped clean with a new identity that people don't recognise? Its like a racing driver changing his helmet design IMO. I know you were Retro for a while Knock-on, but that was a different profile and I did find myself asking where Knock-on had gone without realising for quite a while.

Welcome to the forum CNR, I'm sure we'll get to know you better along the way. Under thr guise of thunderbolt you were a pleasant poster until the last two posts where you called me a dick head. With your brand new identity does that mean you are taking a different approach to how you post and mister nice guy is no more? lol :)

Mate dickhead is a common word in australia
Australian Values - Australian English (http://valuesaustralia.com/australian_english.htm)

AUSTRALIAN DICTIONARY
Following are all of the real Aussie words you will need to be able to say and to understand. There is a sealed section below which you should not let your kddies read unless you want a bit of a giggle.
Bogan One who lives elsewhere than, or has interests different from, oneself. Melbournite. Dickhead

Mifune
22nd October 2011, 12:04
Mate dickhead is a common word in australia
Australian Values - Australian English (http://valuesaustralia.com/australian_english.htm)

Where I come from you're a trolling ****, too bad it wasn't your last post I might have stayed here longer.