PDA

View Full Version : Helio fans, check out his book

numanoid
29th September 2011, 17:49
My wife's and my favorite driver. When I saw the book on Amazon I had to check it out. It's not a difficult or particularly intellectual read, but it's in his own words and full of fun. It follows his entry into racing, his rise into and through CART and IRL as well as touches on his court woes and Dancing with the Stars. Lots of laugh out loud moments. I did a quick search here and didn't see if posted before, so I thought I'd share for the other Helio fans out there.

http://www.amazon.com/Victory-Road-Ride-My-Life/dp/0451227379/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317314359&sr=8-1

heliocastroneves#3
29th September 2011, 21:18
You mean Victory Road: The Ride of My Life? It's a great book indeed! I'm a proud Hélio fan and it means a lot to me to have this book. It also did a lot to me when I saw him so emotional after his third Indy 500 win, it was the best way for him to say goodbye to a long period of stress.. But this is a great book about a great guy. :) A real MUST have for the Hélio fan, and even for the neutral IndyCar fan it's worth reading it!

numanoid
29th September 2011, 21:28
You mean Victory Road: The Ride of My Life? It's a great book indeed! I'm a proud Hélio fan and it means a lot to me to have this book. It also did a lot to me when I saw him so emotional after his third Indy 500 win, it was the best way for him to say goodbye to a long period of stress.. But this is a great book about a great guy. :) A real MUST have for the Hélio fan, and even for the neutral IndyCar fan it's worth reading it!

LOL, I can't believe I didn't include the title. Yep, that's the one. For those without a lot of experience in the business end of racing, it's a real eye-opener as well.

craftygalinstl
30th September 2011, 18:45
I read his book and I agree, a real eye opener about racing. Great book!