PDA

View Full Version : Pick Em! Update

drewdawg727
27th September 2011, 20:07
Folks -

I updated the pick em driver list to include Wheldon in the #77 ride.
I know he will probably be a popular top 8 pick.

If any of you ever run into a circumstance where you find a driver on the list that I might have missed, or a driver change (in this situation) and you are trying to pick, please do not hesitate to send me a PM, and I will get on to change it as soon as I can.

Hope to see the number of entries grow before the weekend!

Thanks,
Drewdawg

Mihai
27th September 2011, 23:38
@DD: how about Ed Carpenter ?

drewdawg727
1st October 2011, 02:08
Sorry folks, computer blew up on me on Wednesday, so I have not been on the site.
Just got a PM from Garyshell (sent to email on my phone) so he alerted me about Ed.

Sorry about not including him. Upon further investigation, it seems I have also forgotten Mr. Rice on the list also (probably another favorite).

My apologies to all, and the list has now been updated.

I am going to extend the deadline to right before race time (Indy 500 style!) on Sunday to give those a chance to change their picks around due to me not routinely checking for changes in the driver list.

Sorry again.

Thanks for your understanding.

garyshell
1st October 2011, 07:07
Thanks for responding so quickly. And sorry to hear about your machine's demise.

Gary

drewdawg727
2nd October 2011, 04:10
Had a friend take a look at the computer today - apparently needs a new motherboard...hopefully that won't put me out too much money.
Luckily, I have a computer at work to mess around with for now to get any necessary things done that need to get done!

Reminder to all that pick thread is open until just up to race time if anyone would like to make changes.

Thanks
Drewdawg

drewdawg727
13th October 2011, 03:56
Hey all -

Latest update....just saw on the IICS website that Qual is scheduled for Friday, which is something I was not aware of originally. Because of this, I am going to push back the deadline to allow you all to make picks right up until race time like last week. I think it would be wrong to close it earlier, due to folks maybe not signing on til the day of to make picks.

Please note the new deadline change, and hope to see a lot of you in!

drewdawg727
17th October 2011, 02:01
Hey guys.
I have had a very hard time wrapping my head around all that's happened today. I never have a solid answer when people ask me who my favorite driver is, but when I do get asked that very question, Dan was always the first person that came to mind. I don't know how long it is going to take to accept that he is really no longer with us, such a shame.

I have decided I am not going to score this final race in the pick ems, for that reason. I also don't believe it's fair to score points in a race that didn't go all the way, let alone barely start. I hope you all are in agreement and understand my reasons for doing such.

We will leave the championship points as it is leaving Kentucky. This is not how I wanted to win a championship, but I have to admit that the strategy for picking the top 8 drivers each race has not been an easy task this year by any means.

I know a lot of people are hurt and may leave their interests in the series behind going forward to 2012, but I will be back for more pick em fun in 2012, and I hope all of you return as well.

Thank you all for playing this year, it's been a lot of fun. Have a great offseason.

and RIP DAN WHELDON :(

garyshell
17th October 2011, 05:25
I am 100% in agreement with this decision and to be honest it is exactly as I expected given the circumstances.

BTW my offer still stands if you would like some assistance next year drop me a PM.

Gary

Mark
17th October 2011, 09:28
Absolutely the correct decision. Congratulations on your win although I don't expect you feel like celebrating!

gm99
17th October 2011, 09:46
Only possible decision. Thank you for running the pick-ems this year and congrats on your victory, although it probably is meaningless to you at this point.

drewdawg727
20th October 2011, 02:12
Thanks guys for the commending thoughts. I do feel like I achieved something in this competition, as I have not done well in prior years.

Hope to see you all back next year for some more fun.

drewdawg727
20th October 2011, 02:13
I am 100% in agreement with this decision and to be honest it is exactly as I expected given the circumstances.

BTW my offer still stands if you would like some assistance next year drop me a PM.

Gary

Gary thanks for the offer. Will definitely keep you in the back of my mind to help me out if necessary.

You did an awesome job at keeping me up to date with driver errors that I may have overlooked, so please continue that tradition.

fugariracing
22nd October 2011, 21:15
Thanks, dawg. That's by all accounts the best decision given the circumstances. I'm still struggling with it - especially having been there and in his pit when it happened.