PDA

View Full Version : Bruno Senna

Koz
26th September 2011, 06:40
Three races have gone by, the first race where both Renault drivers haven't had incidents.

What do people think of him now?

He's out qualified Petrov twice. Petrov was rather dismal in the race, a Lotus was faster...

I think he isn't doing too badly at the moment.

ArrowsFA1
26th September 2011, 08:25
I think Senna is doing exceptionally well, and fully justifying Renault's decision to put him in the race seat.

CNR
26th September 2011, 08:34
it is a bit hard to say Petrov is no robert kubica
but at least he is beating hrt

The Black Knight
26th September 2011, 08:59
I think Senna is doing exceptionally well, and fully justifying Renault's decision to put him in the race seat.

I'm with you on that. I feel he has justified his race seat and I believe he has exceeded everyone's expectations.

jens
26th September 2011, 09:14
Although the car didn't help, I think Petrov was underperforming massively at Singapore for whatever reason. Senna is doing fine for a replacement driver though and is making the choice for 2012 between himself and Grosjean harder.

Mekola
26th September 2011, 13:46
I support Bruno, so it's hard to say. At least I'm proud that the results reflected my expectations about him. :)

keysersoze
26th September 2011, 17:39
I'm the biggest Petrov cheerleader here, and my boy flat stunk it up. Sure, they got behind the eight-ball by losing FP1 with the radiator issue. Sure, his KERS may have given him some trouble during the race.

But he lost, by his own admission, nearly a second in Q2 because of his own mistake, and couldn't keep up with a Lotus for crying our loud.

The only good thing he did all weekend is not wad the car up trying to keep ahead of the Virgin and HRTs.

Big Ben
27th September 2011, 07:23
This thread is unbalanced. Where's ioan to tell us Senna's crap and Petrov's awesome?

CaptainRaiden
27th September 2011, 08:06
This thread is unbalanced. Where's ioan to tell us Senna's crap and Petrov's awesome?

You really are a glutton for punishment, aren't you? When he's not doing it, you wonder why not.

Anyway, I think it won't be long. He's most probably finishing up his morning prayers at the Schumacher temple.

Big Ben
27th September 2011, 08:46
You really are a glutton for punishment, aren't you? When he's not doing it, you wonder why not.

Anyway, I think it won't be long. He's most probably finishing up his morning prayers at the Schumacher temple.

Well, what can I say? Following renault's drivers perform always makes me think of his cold, unbiased, unprejudiced, balanced and precise evaluation of drivers... and always put in such a polite and delightful way

keysersoze
28th September 2011, 02:10
ioan has been quite critical of Vitaly.

zako85
28th September 2011, 05:39
The ease with which both Williams cars passed Bruno Senna and how Petrov ended behind "the other Lotus" were surprising. Both Renault cars ended the race not too far away from each other with Bruno Senna only two spots ahead. Something must have gone horribly wrong with the Renault cars the last weekend. Alternatively, perhaps the current Renault cars are just really bad on street courses (they didn't do exactly great in Monaco either).

rjbetty
29th September 2011, 19:33
Hello. Considering Bruno is supposed to be such a bad driver (!), I think he's done a fine job. Maybe now we can finally be rid of the utter rubbish that Chandhok is better than him!!! :o

jens
30th September 2011, 11:03
Hello. Considering Bruno is supposed to be such a bad driver (!), I think he's done a fine job. Maybe now we can finally be rid of the utter rubbish that Chandhok is better than him!!! :o

To be honest, Chandhok was running quite close to Senna in HRT last year, but perhaps for whatever reason Senna failed to utilize his talent fully. But both were also iSport team-mates in GP2 in 2008 and the gap there was much bigger in Senna's favour.

555-04Q2
30th September 2011, 11:06
He's going well. But is Petrov a decent enough driver to compare him against? Who knows. Maybe a full season next year in the Renault will tell us more.