PDA

View Full Version : The Massa assault on hamilton-caught on video!!

markabilly
25th September 2011, 18:19
As in "well done"

well I hardly call this an assault....but for your entertainment, the video:

Better watch quick, before they yank it off the internent

BBC F1 2011 - 14 Singapore GP - Angry Felipe Massa interrupts Lewis Hamilton interview - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEUVZXR18_4#t=30)

Lewis Hamilton and Felipe Massa after Singapore GP F1 - 25/09/2011 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIAlGCT-MSA)

:rolleyes:

Dave B
25th September 2011, 18:20
FFS stop starting threads for things we're already discussing :s
http://www.motorsportforums.com/f1/148136-hamilton-singapore.html#post967183

F1boat
25th September 2011, 19:50
assault LFMAO

steveaki13
25th September 2011, 22:06
assault LFMAO

Vicious Assault it should say. ;)

keysersoze
26th September 2011, 00:27
Felipe couldn't even make his point sincerely--had to resort to irony. I'm underwhelmed. If he had any stones, he would have stuck around for a reply.

ioan
26th September 2011, 00:31
Felipe couldn't even make his point sincerely--had to resort to irony. I'm underwhelmed. If he had any stones, he would have stuck around for a reply.

A reply along the line 'It's because I'm black' ?
I guess Massa knows when a cause is not worth losing time with.

Funnily enough no matter what Withmarsh speaks publicly McLaren will one day just show Hamy the corner or the door, and who could blame them?

ioan
26th September 2011, 00:36
And BTW it is reported that Massa did approach Hamy right after the race but Lewis turned his back on him and walked away.

CNR
26th September 2011, 01:51
they need to look at lewis
Yuji Ide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuji_Ide)

At Imola, Ide caused a first lap crash with Christijan Albers that put the Dutchman into a series of rolls which ended with Albers' car upside down.[9] Ide was reprimanded by the stewards and warned over future conduct. Many accepted that this was not entirely his fault, as the rushed Aguri project had not allowed him much time in the car pre-season.[10]

On May 4, 2006, Super Aguri announced that following advice from the FIA, Ide would be dropped from the upcoming European Grand Prix at the Nürburgring, being replaced by former Renault test driver Franck Montagny. Ide was demoted to Montagny's seat as test driver.[11]

On May 10, 2006, the FIA revoked Ide's FIA Super Licence meaning he could no longer compete in F1 during the 2006 seaso

kfzmeister
26th September 2011, 05:30
Pretty soon his only friend in F1, Sutil, will want to distance himself from him as well!

The Black Knight
26th September 2011, 08:18

He has no balls, he hasn't had any since his crash in Hungary. But like a little coward he runs away thinking he's a big man for assaulting another F1 driver. As I said already, I hope the FIA issue him with a punishment for it today. It's not proper sporting etiquette and if we apply the PC bullsh*t that surrounds F1 nowadays fairly, then it was unacceptable behaviour from a modern day F1 driver.

The Black Knight
26th September 2011, 08:19
And BTW it is reported that Massa did approach Hamy right after the race but Lewis turned his back on him and walked away.

He probably couldn't keep a sincere demeanour on him with the tears rolling down Massa's face.

CNR
26th September 2011, 08:24
massa needs to do a stoner and deck the Ahole

airshifter
26th September 2011, 11:50
He has no balls, he hasn't had any since his crash in Hungary. But like a little coward he runs away thinking he's a big man for assaulting another F1 driver. As I said already, I hope the FIA issue him with a punishment for it today. It's not proper sporting etiquette and if we apply the PC bullsh*t that surrounds F1 nowadays fairly, then it was unacceptable behaviour from a modern day F1 driver.

I can't help but laugh when someone even labels this as an assualt. Felipe did nothing other than slap him on the arm to get his attention. Out of shape desk jockeys get more physical than that goofing off. Granted it would have been decent of Felipe to catch Lewis without reporters present, but it would have been more in line for Lewis to seek him out and make ammends for cutting his tire and ruining his race.

Daniel
26th September 2011, 11:53
Yuji Ide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuji_Ide)

Yeah, that's right. Lets revoke the super licence of one of the best drivers in the series :dozey: I don't mind him punting Maldonado off in Monaco or having that rather serious accident in Spa, but touching Massa's wheel with his front wing rather carelessly, yeah they need to give him a lifetime ban for that :dozey:

/S

Daniel
26th September 2011, 11:57
massa needs to do a stoner and deck the Ahole

Classy. What should Felipe do if Hamilton actually does something serious like drives into him intentionally? Should the drivers carry AK's or UMP's and perform driveby shootings on other drivers when things don't go their way?

Felipe's actions were sarcastic and IMHO about as far as you want to see something like that going.

Completely agree with airshifters view on things.

The Black Knight
26th September 2011, 12:00
I can't help but laugh when someone even labels this as an assualt. Felipe did nothing other than slap him on the arm to get his attention. Out of shape desk jockeys get more physical than that goofing off. Granted it would have been decent of Felipe to catch Lewis without reporters present, but it would have been more in line for Lewis to seek him out and make ammends for cutting his tire and ruining his race.

A slap is assault. If you don't wnat to see it that way, fine, but personally, if I were Lewis, I wouldn't leave it at that. Felipe would do well to try and keep his race seat and stop blaming others for his misfortune. Of all the drivers in the top teams he is the worst and he is most certainly not good enough to drive for Ferrari. He knows he is on borrowed time and he is feeling the pressure. He should be happy that he was far enough up the grid to even tangle with Lewis. Most of the time he is driving eyeing up Alonso's ass in the distance.

As for Lewis, the owness was on him to apologise after the race until Felipe assaulted him. Now that he has done that, I see no reason for him to apologise. It is Felipe that needs to apologise to him now.

Daniel
26th September 2011, 12:15
A slap is assault. If you don't wnat to see it that way, fine, but personally, if I were Lewis, I wouldn't leave it at that. Felipe would do well to try and keep his race seat and stop blaming others for his misfortune. Of all the drivers in the top teams he is the worst and he is most certainly not good enough to drive for Ferrari. He knows he is on borrowed time and he is feeling the pressure. He should be happy that he was far enough up the grid to even tangle with Lewis. Most of the time he is driving eyeing up Alonso's ass in the distance.

As for Lewis, the owness was on him to apologise after the race until Felipe assaulted him. Now that he has done that, I see no reason for him to apologise. It is Felipe that needs to apologise to him now.

Come on now, lets be reasonable. If it had actually been an assault do you not think the papers would be full of talk about it? Do you not think there would have been a stunned silence from the press and do you think Lewis would have carried on as he did?

I'm not sure why Felipe is to blame for what happened, Hamilton would have easily got by, but he accidently hit Massa and gave Massa a puncture. You'd be frustrated if your job was on the line and someone more or less took you out of the race when you were going to get a decent enough result.

Ranger
26th September 2011, 12:20
A slap is assault.

There are so many things wrong with this statement.

Daniel
26th September 2011, 12:21
There are so many things wrong with this statement.
Yep. Max would disagree with it on many levels :D

The Black Knight
26th September 2011, 12:30
Come on now, lets be reasonable. If it had actually been an assault do you not think the papers would be full of talk about it? Do you not think there would have been a stunned silence from the press and do you think Lewis would have carried on as he did?

I'm not sure why Felipe is to blame for what happened, Hamilton would have easily got by, but he accidently hit Massa and gave Massa a puncture. You'd be frustrated if your job was on the line and someone more or less took you out of the race when you were going to get a decent enough result.

He didn't carry on immediately "He said don't touch me again".

Felipe isn't to blame for what happened on track, he was indeed very unlucky. He is, however, to blame for what happened afterwards. If it were Lewis approaching Felipe like that after the race people would be up in arms over it.

Daniel
26th September 2011, 12:35
He didn't carry on immediately "He said don't touch me again".

Felipe isn't to blame for what happened on track, he was indeed very unlucky. He is, however, to blame for what happened afterwards. If it were Lewis approaching Felipe like that after the race people would be up in arms over it.

I didn't say he carried on immediately. I completely agree with Hamilton saying "Don't touch me again", I don't like people touching me at all and I completely understand that, it's my body and you can **** off. What I'm saying is that if he was assaulted the interview would have stopped.

Felipe was annoyed, he gave Lewis a sarcastic slap on the back, lets not turn it into anything more than that :)

The Black Knight
26th September 2011, 12:39
I didn't say he carried on immediately. I completely agree with Hamilton saying "Don't touch me again", I don't like people touching me at all and I completely understand that, it's my body and you can **** off. What I'm saying is that if he was assaulted the interview would have stopped.

Felipe was annoyed, he gave Lewis a sarcastic slap on the back, lets not turn it into anything more than that :)

You're welcome to your opinion. I'll stick with mine. You don't lay a finger on another driver. Even a sarcastic slap on the back is out of the question. It was assault.

Daniel
26th September 2011, 12:47
You're welcome to your opinion. I'll stick with mine. You don't lay a finger on another driver. Even a sarcastic slap on the back is out of the question. It was assault.

Fair enough. I feel that's a vast overstatement of what happened, but we'll leave it there.

Ranger
26th September 2011, 13:00

A congratulatory pat on the back is also out of the question then. ASSAULT!!

As immature as it was, don't you think your affirmations are a little extreme?

555-04Q2
26th September 2011, 13:20
As in "well done"

BBC F1 2011 - 14 Singapore GP - Angry Felipe Massa interrupts Lewis Hamilton interview - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEUVZXR18_4#t=30)

Lewis Hamilton and Felipe Massa after Singapore GP F1 - 25/09/2011 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIAlGCT-MSA)

That is not an assault...its not even a friendly rub up.

markabilly
26th September 2011, 14:01
No, not much of nothing, except maybe annoying.

elsewhere I got scolded for repeating what Speed TV said that Lewis said to his team after Saturday qualifying

then after the race, I hear how Massa confronted Lewis and chewed him out face to face....and then i hear it included an assault......

then i see the videos.....

555-04Q2
26th September 2011, 14:02
:laugh: :up:

The Black Knight
26th September 2011, 14:11
A congratulatory pat on the back is also out of the question then. ASSAULT!!

As immature as it was, don't you think your affirmations are a little extreme?

No.

Daniel
26th September 2011, 14:13
No.
So absolutely no one agrees with you and you don't think that perhaps your view might be just a liiiiiiiiitle extreme? ;) :p

The Black Knight
26th September 2011, 14:15
So absolutely no one agrees with you and you don't think that perhaps your view might be just a liiiiiiiiitle extreme? ;) :p

No.

fandango
26th September 2011, 17:33
Well, in a legal sense, any unwelcome physical contact is assault. But in modern English the word assault is generally taken to mean something far more aggressive. Hamilton had reportedly earlier ignored Massa'a attempts to talk, so I don't see any point in getting all worked up over how Massa attracted his attention.

I think that Hamilton should really sit down and consider how many run-ins he's had with other drivers. Then he should look at how many run-ins Massa has had. I mean, Massa has always been underestimated as a driver, but he seems like a really nice guy, so to see him so pissed off should really make Hamilton think a bit.

But Hamilton just doesn't seem to think. It's such a pity, because he's such a great driver. I've always thought he's an idiot, and I was on the Alonso side of the fence in 2007, but he really won me over in the race in Barcelona this year. I think it was one of his best drives, even though he finished second and had none of the usual drama. And he followed that up with Monaco :(

Massa has his demons too, of course. It was reported on Spanish TV that he still mentioned Crashgate at the weekend, because it ruined his race, and for him it made a difference between winning the WDC and not. This didn't go down too well with Alonso.

Imagine if Hamilton hadn't made that last corner pass in 2008, though: now people would be saying it's his career that's on the rocks, not Massa's...

steveaki13
26th September 2011, 19:00

Come on Yuji only caused one accident. We need something much tougher for Lewis. ;) :D

steveaki13
26th September 2011, 19:06
I am getting a bit fed up with everything surrounding Lewis. He really needs to think about his currant dip and try to enter 2012 free of all this. I still like Lewis and want him to do well, but the more things like this he gets involved in the more it is hard to defend him and to keep supporting his style.

He is in danger of having most drivers against him which leaves him and his team in a tough spot which in turn could lead to even more problems

Malbec
26th September 2011, 19:55

Felipe is the guy who went through the disappointment of being WDC for about five seconds a few years back and instead of running off distraught spent hours talking to the Brazilian press and had the strength to congratulate Lewis on his victory.

Of all the drivers on the grid he is one of the most gentlemanly, if not THE most.

Given how he somehow seems to be Lewis' eternal target I'm not surprised he's running out of patience and I think he's being quite restrained, although his points are best made when he's in a calmer frame of mind.

truefan72
26th September 2011, 20:56
Felipe is the guy who went through the disappointment of being WDC for about five seconds a few years back and instead of running off distraught spent hours talking to the Brazilian press and had the strength to congratulate Lewis on his victory.

Of all the drivers on the grid he is one of the most gentlemanly, if not THE most.

Given how he somehow seems to be Lewis' eternal target I'm not surprised he's running out of patience and I think he's being quite restrained, although his points are best made when he's in a calmer frame of mind.

One moment of sincerity and gentleman behaviour does not make up for a pattern of going after drivers after the race is over, instead of having a hard look at himself or his team

I remember Felipe doing the same thing to Alonso in Germany 2007.
While Alonso was miles faster than him, and approaching him at an immense rate, Massa was struggling to keep the car on the tarmac,
Alonso approaches, Massa tries to make things difficult, Alonso manages to get bye, and after the race Massa goes to confront Alonso.

I'm not exactly sure why Massa thinks people are ruining his races when in those particular races he displayed no prowess and certainly knew he was about to be passed.

Funny how he did not confront MSC after Canada 2010 even though what MSC did to him might have turned out far far worse.
Even in his feigned outrage he is hypocritical.

This may seem a bit harsh on the guy, but sometimes he looks like he is out for a sunday cruise and gets surprised that guys around him are willing and able to fight him for position.

Malbec
26th September 2011, 21:01
One moment of sincerity and gentleman behaviour does not make up for a pattern of going after drivers after the race is over, instead of having a hard look at himself or his team

Actually while he does lose his temper I believe that is the exception. His reputation has long been that of a gentleman with the odd incident that you describe being the exception rather than the rule.

How many of his races have been affected by a Lewis incident this season? He has reason to feel aggrieved.

No doubt a lot of his feelings are also worsened by a sense of frustration at his own problems and his position being threatened within the team.

ArrowsFA1
26th September 2011, 22:12
I am getting a bit fed up with everything surrounding Lewis...
The key word there being "surrounding". I am also fed up with everything surrounding Lewis. As for Lewis the racing driver I'm sure he'll come through this a better driver and the hysteria surrounding him, which he has no control over, will calm down in time.

airshifter
27th September 2011, 01:57
Well if that was assault, I've just learned that I have in fact been assaulted by my thin 12 year old daughter! Some of you might call it horseplay but I think the authorities need to be notified! :laugh:

Massa did nothing other than race, and Hamilton made a poor move that cut the tire. It's not like it hasn't happened plenty of times in F1, and it's not as if drivers don't confront each other when the boneheaded move of one ruins the others race.

steveaki13
27th September 2011, 19:42
The key word there being "surrounding". I am also fed up with everything surrounding Lewis. As for Lewis the racing driver I'm sure he'll come through this a better driver and the hysteria surrounding him, which he has no control over, will calm down in time.

Yep. Agree

kfzmeister
28th September 2011, 04:11
Here's the definition of assault:

In law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law), assault is a crime (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime) causing a victim to fear violence. The term is often confused with battery (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_%28crime%29), which is the actual "touching". The specific meaning of assault varies between countries, but can refer to an act that causes another to apprehend immediate and personal violence, or in the more limited sense of a threat of violence caused by an immediate show of force.[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault#cite_note-0)[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault#cite_note-1) Assault in some US jurisdictions[which? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Avoid_weasel_words)] is defined more broadly still as any intentional physical contact with another person without their consent;[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault#cite_note-2)[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault#cite_note-3)[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault#cite_note-4) but in the majority of the United States and in England & Wales and all other common law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_law) jurisdictions in the world, this is defined instead as battery (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_%28crime%29). Some jurisdictions have incorporated the definition of civil assault into the definition of the crime making it a criminal assault to intentionally cause another person to apprehend a harmful or offensive contact.

Assault, battery, whatever. If i were Massa, i'd be just as pissed and "assaulted" Hamfist the same way!
Funny thing is, i bet Alonso, Maldonado, Webber, Kobayashi and a bunch of other would probably join in on the ass whoopin'
Jus sayn...

CaptainRaiden
28th September 2011, 09:07
Here's the definition of assault:

Assault, battery, whatever. If i were Massa, i'd be just as pissed and "assaulted" Hamfist the same way!
Funny thing is, i bet Alonso, Maldonado, Webber, Kobayashi and a bunch of other would probably join in on the ass whoopin'
Jus sayn...

http://jps-design.org/bilder/sonstiges/obvious-troll.jpg

ioan
1st October 2011, 11:04

I think he should call himself the black owl or something along those lines.

Koz
2nd October 2011, 18:37
As in "well done"

LMAO, that's blatant Marlboro advertising by Ferrari!!! :)