PDA

View Full Version : driver of the race--Vettel? or Hamilton? or................

markabilly
25th September 2011, 17:59
I would like to vote vote for someone other than vettel. He had a great car and drove well. But then, to think that he has done in this in race after race......and Webber has not.

So I am impressed by this series of races wins that he has, that I got to give it to him.

Hamilton at the end of the race was strong, but then he had his other little problems.

Then there is Button, which like Vettel, putting together podium after podium.....while Hamilton has not.

Dave B
25th September 2011, 18:14
Aren't we already doing this in the "Lewis Hamilton of the race" thread?

markabilly
25th September 2011, 18:20
just tryin to keep tradition alive..................

Mia 01
25th September 2011, 18:34
If not Seb it has to be Jenson.

Jenson didn´t put a fot wrong the whole race.

The Black Knight
25th September 2011, 18:36
Seb, DiResta and Button in that order.

Seb proving again that he is currently the class of the field. He won't have it as easy next year though.

N4D13
25th September 2011, 19:36
Vettel, then Button and di Resta.

I'm tempted to say Hamilton as well - he had his mind somewhere else when he hit Massa, but at least he gave us some entertainment!

F1boat
25th September 2011, 19:49
Vettel.

donKey jote
25th September 2011, 21:05
Aren't we already doing this in the "Lewis Hamilton of the race" thread?

eh? I thought that was the donkey of the race thread :confused:

Mia 01
25th September 2011, 21:40
Nah. 99% of Hamilton's race was good so he gets his own thread for that part.. ;)

Only one bad procent -- wonder how many procents bad the likes of Jenson and Fernando got then.

steveaki13
25th September 2011, 22:47
Vettel is the out and out driver of the race for me.

Other mentions of the day.

Button: Another great drive from Jenson, he was 30 seconds clear of Webber before SC and had a sniff of Vettel towards the end.

Di Resta: Thought he drove really well. He was sensible when leaders came up behind him, he then held off Rosberg and Sutil when in the battle on old tyres and then pulled away and finished on the lead lap.

Perez: I thought he drove well and was in the points scrap all day. Could have finished 8th with a bit of luck.

Kovalainen: A good race from Heikki, he was finally mixing it with a few midfield cars and finished ahead of Petrov. Good Job.

Ricciardo: If you looked towards the back he crashed early on as we saw. He battled the SC early on but ended up ahead of his team mate by a minute.

wedge
26th September 2011, 00:48
Di Resta - made the alternate strategy work, beat Sutil again and another solid drive as best-of-the-rest teams

woody2goody
26th September 2011, 04:01
1. Button
2. Di Resta
3. Vettel

jens
26th September 2011, 09:20
Vettel, Button and di Resta were indeed impressive and I also sympathise with the mention of Pérez as the Mexican managed to bring the car to home in points in one piece despite getting hit god-knows-how-many-times.