PDA

View Full Version : Time to watch the Dots

PSfan
21st March 2007, 07:46
Yup, VisionF1 is back, and the tracks look more detailed, guess I can't wait for them to use google earth for their track maps, but until then:

http://www.visionf1.com/

And did they always have the "analysis" tab up there? I hadn't noticed before. Sato's best lap is less then a second faster then his average lap times... impressive... :p :

Also noticed lapviewer might be done... shame I liked that one too...

ioan
21st March 2007, 09:06
Nice, thanks you brought this up, again, I've forgot about it completely. :up:

Gannex
21st March 2007, 14:03
PSfan, that Visionf1 is fantastic! I've been watching F1 for years, but never knew about it. I don't suppose you can watch Visionf1 in real time, during the race, can you? Anyway, thanks for pointing to it, PSfan. It's a tremendous way of understanding how the race unfolded.

schmenke
21st March 2007, 14:34
Cool! :up:

Watching those dots, the extent that Button was holding up the pack became quite clear :mark:

Dave B
21st March 2007, 15:27
Fantastic, I'd never seen that site before. :up:

tintop
21st March 2007, 16:38
Thanks PS, it feels like Spring again!

luvracin
21st March 2007, 16:58
That's really cool.

Ian McC
21st March 2007, 19:31
New to me as well, thanks :)

stevie_gerrard
22nd March 2007, 00:51
wow cool, thanks for bringing that up, thats quite cool :up:

tinchote
22nd March 2007, 03:02
Very interesting. As Gannex asked, the big question is whether they do it in real time. They can, if they want to, but I guess it would mean decoding the information from the F1 web site.

race aficionado
22nd March 2007, 03:31
I agree with you all;
very cool.
The upgrades work great
Speed factot 16 is my favorite speed. :D

And as for "live" dots , I'm sure we will eventually see them soon - and in our i phones -or phone of choice for Daniel
:s mokin:

blakebeatty
17th March 2008, 17:10
*bump* for anyone who is new, or anyone who has forgotten. Coolest F1 site of all.

JSH
17th March 2008, 19:05
Cool...

Tazio
18th March 2008, 15:38
This site is freakin' sweet!

PSfan
4th June 2008, 17:54
Just because Monaco is always a fun track, maybe a bump is in order?

PSfan
5th April 2009, 04:00
Round and Round they go... something to watch and play with until the Malaysian race starts...

52Paddy
5th April 2009, 12:31
PSfan, you sent me into confusion. I thought this thread was referring to VisionF1 returning, just prior to last weekend's Australian GP. I was wondering why people were mentioning Sato and that Button was holding up the pack (quite the contrary now actually!)

This is a great little gadget though. Never used it before.

PSfan
6th April 2009, 03:40
PSfan, you sent me into confusion. I thought this thread was referring to VisionF1 returning, just prior to last weekend's Australian GP. I was wondering why people were mentioning Sato and that Button was holding up the pack (quite the contrary now actually!)

This is a great little gadget though. Never used it before.

Yah, always confusing when someone decides to bump up a 2 year old thread... Just a shame its not in real time, would have been interesting to see the Hamilton/trulli pass - repass on it... Also amased at how quick he gets it updated and showing the last race... I was expecting it would be out-dated and showing a 2008 race...

blakebeatty
1st June 2011, 03:07
every so often i remember this site

Mark
1st June 2011, 08:36
I agree with you all;
very cool.
The upgrades work great
Speed factot 16 is my favorite speed. :D

And as for "live" dots , I'm sure we will eventually see them soon - and in our i phones -or phone of choice for Daniel
:s mokin:

That application is already available and was last year too. Just search for the official F1 application. It has a live driver tracker. But I have to say, it doesn't work very well and the updates of the drivers positions aren't great. I bought it - for £20! - but it was a waste of money, I use the free app instead as it gives me better info!