PDA

View Full Version : What's in a Name?

anthonyvop
23rd September 2011, 21:02
"‘Go Daddy INDYCAR Challenge’ At IZOD INDYCAR World Championships presented by Honda"

Seriously?

DBell
23rd September 2011, 21:23
That's a mouthful to be sure, Right up there with "Bridgestone Presents ChampCar World Series Powered By Ford" or whatever that was exactly called. Go Daddy was smart to be mentioned first. That's all most will remember out of that word soup.

Lousada
23rd September 2011, 21:39
Imagine the announcers blurting that out before and after every commercial...

00steven
23rd September 2011, 21:49
Imagine the announcers blurting that out before and after every commercial...

You have to know that Marty Reid will.

beachgirl
24th September 2011, 16:58
You have to know that Marty Reid will.

Marty Reid's line will be:

"Go-Daddy INDYCAR Challenge at IZOD INDYCAR World Championships Presented by Honda featuring Danica Patrick".

;)

beachbum
25th September 2011, 03:25
"‘Go Daddy INDYCAR Challenge’ At IZOD INDYCAR World Championships presented by Honda"

Seriously?Being able to wrap some series sponsor's names around the name is better than "Indycar by ........ no one"

heliocastroneves#3
26th September 2011, 09:40
Won't be surprised if Danica wins this one.... :S

Wilf
29th September 2011, 04:08

Seriously?

Do you really think they, Marty Reid, included will use that group of words? Or will they simply use IZOD INDYCAR World Championships, presented by Honda and then maybe work in the race within the race, the GoDaddy Challenge?

beachbum
29th September 2011, 11:50
Do you really think they, Marty Reid, included will use that group of words? Or will they simply use IZOD INDYCAR World Championships, presented by Honda and then maybe work in the race within the race, the GoDaddy Challenge?
He can't remember that many words - but he will get Danica's name in somehow.

beachgirl
29th September 2011, 12:38

I believe the announcers and commentators will get it right every single time. That's what they're paid to do. And I also believe that anything connected with GoDaddy will also have Danica's name tagged with it. JMHO.

Mark in Oshawa
29th September 2011, 17:11
God...I may never watch the race if I think about all the Danica mentions...