PDA

View Full Version : vettel is so full of it

Kevincal
22nd September 2011, 18:36
He keeps saying "I am not thinking about the title" or anytime someone asks him he tries to act like it hasn't been on his mind. bull****... Wish he would be a little more REAL... He comes off as too robotic in interviews.

driveace
22nd September 2011, 19:43
Never count your chickens!!!
He WILL be world champion in Singapore I think.He is only being reserved in his forcast ,as he really knows he is in the strongest position by a country mile !

CaptainRaiden
22nd September 2011, 19:44
I don't think him saying "I own this championship bitches, booyakasha" would win him many fans for his honesty...

555-04Q2
23rd September 2011, 06:18
He keeps saying "I am not thinking about the title" or anytime someone asks him he tries to act like it hasn't been on his mind. bull****... Wish he would be a little more REAL... He comes off as too robotic in interviews.

People who are dedicated and focused on a task, don't dwell on the impending success. They think in the "now" and how to get that success sealed, whether it be an F1 WDC or winning a big construction deal etc etc.

I can relate to him and know what he means by, "I'm not thinking about the title...".

Big Ben
23rd September 2011, 08:16
Perhaps he doesn't think about it because it's pretty much a done deal. Vettel's a double wdc in my book for quite some time now.

ArrowsFA1
23rd September 2011, 08:22
One of the easiest WDC's in history if he gets it in Singapore.
Comparable with Mansell in 1992 and Schumacher in 2002.

F1boat
23rd September 2011, 08:23
Vettel is very polite and nice this year, much more than last year and much more than some other drivers. I think that he is wise not to think about clinching the WDC in Singapore as it is not really in his hands. Race by race approach is the wisest course possible.

The Black Knight
23rd September 2011, 09:02

He's German...

Daniel
23rd September 2011, 09:16
the reality is that he doesn't need to think of the title.

N4D13
23rd September 2011, 16:35
One of the easiest WDC's in history if he gets it in Singapore. Driver of the season so far for me is Alonso as he's driven consistently and strongly in a car that hasn't been up to scratch.
Come on - what else needs Vettel to do in order to prove he's driven one of the finest F1 seasons in history? I can only recall a significant mistake from him during the season, and that was sliding out of Button's way on the last lap of the Canadian GP. Other than that, he's done an absolutely magnificient job, and he's been as close to perfection as you could ever be. He's had a big car advantage, but that doesn't take anything away from the fact that he's being absolutely supreme.

As much as Alonso has been driving really well too, he's made several mistakes during the season (crashing into Lewis at Malaysia, that 50-50 accident with Button in Canada, spinning in Hungary...) that can't make him my pick for driver of the season. Yes, it's true that he's had an inferior car than Vettel and (more often than not) the McLaren drivers and so he's had to try and overdrive his car, but there's no telling that he wouldn't have made mistakes had he had such a dominant car. In the end, all that counts is that Vettel is driving perfectly and Alonso is just close.

truefan72
23rd September 2011, 16:44
Come on - what else needs Vettel to do in order to prove he's driven one of the finest F1 seasons in history? I can only recall a significant mistake from him during the season, and that was sliding out of Button's way on the last lap of the Canadian GP. Other than that, he's done an absolutely magnificient job, and he's been as close to perfection as you could ever be. He's had a big car advantage, but that doesn't take anything away from the fact that he's being absolutely supreme.

As much as Alonso has been driving really well too, he's made several mistakes during the season (crashing into Lewis at Malaysia, that 50-50 accident with Button in Canada, spinning in Hungary...) that can't make him my pick for driver of the season. Yes, it's true that he's had an inferior car than Vettel and (more often than not) the McLaren drivers and so he's had to try and overdrive his car, but there's no telling that he wouldn't have made mistakes had he had such a dominant car. In the end, all that counts is that Vettel is driving perfectly and Alonso is just close.

much like Button in 2009, the car is the real star in 2011
Vettel is a very good driver, but that car has given him an unbeatable advantage at every race.
I think his 2010 performance was more impressive to be honest. Even then,the car was pretty good, and now that they sorted out the reliability issues, he's cruising to the championship.
Yes, you still have to drive the car, but when you spend most of your time at the front, pulling away from drivers the likes of Alonso, Hamilton, Massa and Button, then you got to admit that the car is a huge factor.
And when he does get challenged he cracks, like in Canada, or benefits from the team telling webber to hold station.

truefan72
23rd September 2011, 16:48
Perhaps he doesn't think about it because it's pretty much a done deal. Vettel's a double wdc in my book for quite some time now.

yup, that's pretty much his reasoning.
If he was saying in every interview that he's got this thing wrapped up, and that the champagne is on ice, then the author of this thread would keep the same title and simply lambast him for saying that he is thinking about the WDC and is confident that he has it won

N4D13
23rd September 2011, 17:22
much like Button in 2009, the car is the real star in 2011
Vettel is a very good driver, but that car has given him an unbeatable advantage at every race.
I think his 2010 performance was more impressive to be honest. Even then,the car was pretty good, and now that they sorted out the reliability issues, he's cruising to the championship.
Yes, you still have to drive the car, but when you spend most of your time at the front, pulling away from drivers the likes of Alonso, Hamilton, Massa and Button, then you got to admit that the car is a huge factor.
And when he does get challenged he cracks, like in Canada, or benefits from the team telling webber to hold station.
As I said, he's cracked once - and it was just going wide on a damp track. No one else can say that they've only made one significant mistake during this season.

jens
23rd September 2011, 18:50

Depending on the context, "not thinking about the title" is actually true. And by this I mean racing context. In the past we have seen drivers taking it more "safely" in the closing stages of the season, because they needed to secure the title and not take unnecessary risks. For instance Button at the end of 2009.

But Vettel's bold move on Alonso at Monza showed that he is very much racing for wins and he doesn't need to count points. Perhaps he is now feeling especially relaxed in racing, because everything is now clear and he can take risks without fearing that one slip here or there would cost much.

I think his 2010 performance was more impressive to be honest.

Mm, can't say I agree. The amount of mistakes he was making in 2010 and he has been making in 2011, is incomparable. :) Not to mention that Webber managed to beat Vettel a fair few occasions during 2010, while he has managed it only once in 2011.

donKey jote
23rd September 2011, 20:01
He's German...
:dozey:

Daniel
23rd September 2011, 20:06
:dozey:

Didn't you know? All robots are Germans.

steveaki13
23rd September 2011, 21:39
Not sure he is, but even if he is who could blame him.

He is the best driver at the mo in the best car winning his second title in a row.

If you are ever going to be full of it then thats the time.

N. Jones
24th September 2011, 02:07

Of COURSE he is saying that in public! The less you give your opponents to use against you the better.

Hats off to him for speaking in this manner.

kfzmeister
24th September 2011, 06:06
I remember Jordan and the Bulls having to play an extra game against the Jazz one year, due to them all thinking about what to wear to the party afterwards instead of ensuring the closing out of the season.
To me, Vettel is playing it smart, by keeping cool. Although is there really any way for him to really lose the season anymore. Even if he doesn't even drive in the last races?

ioan
24th September 2011, 16:27
Vettel is very polite and nice this year, much more than last year and much more than some other drivers. I think that he is wise not to think about clinching the WDC in Singapore as it is not really in his hands. Race by race approach is the wisest course possible.

Best post in this thread! :up:

ioan
24th September 2011, 16:30

Maybe you didn't watch all the races this season.

ioan
24th September 2011, 16:31
He's German...

:rolleyes:

ioan
24th September 2011, 16:31

Luckily. I'd never buy one if it was British. ;)

Koz
24th September 2011, 17:24
Luckily. I'd never buy one if it was British. ;)

You have a robot(s)?? :eek:

What kind of robots are they? Fembots?

ioan
24th September 2011, 17:33
You have a robot(s)?? :eek:

What kind of robots are they? Fembots?

This one:

Introducing The Samsung NaviBot (http://www.samsung.com/au/news/newsRead.do?news_seq=19705&gltype=localnews)

It does one of the duties women used to do but I wouldn't be so generous like you are with your words. Then again, each to his own.

donKey jote
24th September 2011, 17:43
The closest thing to a robot I've seen in F1 was Finnish, not German ! :p

Knock-on
24th September 2011, 21:25
Seb has done a superb job this year. We all know he has the best car but that doesn't in any way detract from the demolition job he has done with it. He also comes across as a genuinely nice person.

Now, I don't support him because I always support the Brits but you can't deny his class although I still maintain he has a glass jaw and when the other top teams get their sodding act together, I think Alonso and Hamilton will eat his Lunch. However, that's just my opinion and for me, he has been the best,most consistent driver out there along with Jenson.

Shifter
25th September 2011, 04:14
Vettel didn't seem robotic at all when he appeared on Top Gear. Actually back when he first started getting successful his post-race interviews were funny because he was nervous and didn't know when to stop talking.

Anyway, the car is leaps & bounds ahead of the competition this year, but if F1 teams only fielded one car, not two, and the Red Bull driver was Webber...we wouldn't know this for absolute certain -- in fact we'd all be wondering why the Red Bull always lost ~4 places from grid position by turn 1 of most races.

markabilly
25th September 2011, 10:11
you whiners have been listening too much to hammy ham it up......you know, Hamilton as summarized briefly for the last few years., I got pole, team could not get it together, I won, car/team had problems, I am great, team failed to communicate....

So much so, that you have forgotten what a real champion sounds like :s mokin:

wedge
25th September 2011, 19:54

Modesty apparantly means you're full of it and/or boring

Confidence breeds arrogance

Kimi -hard to decipher, is the guy autistic.

You can't win in this PR malarkey, can you?

F1boat
25th September 2011, 19:57
I like his attitude now. It's not won till it's won. Modest, fast and smart - great driver!

wedge
25th September 2011, 20:18
Comparable with Mansell in 1992 and Schumacher in 2002.

Disagree completely.

The level of competition this year is far, far higher.

2009 was easier than this year.

ArrowsFA1
25th September 2011, 20:22
The level of competition this year is far, far higher.
In terms of the number of WDCs on the grid certainly, but the dominance of the '11 Red Bull is comparable with the dominance of the '92 Williams and '02 Ferrari IMHO.

wedge
26th September 2011, 00:36
In terms of the number of WDCs on the grid certainly, but the dominance of the '11 Red Bull is comparable with the dominance of the '92 Williams and '02 Ferrari IMHO.

'92 you have a point with, but not '02 IMHO - Ferrari only lost 2 races that year.

ioan
26th September 2011, 00:38
One more point to get and he can be full of whatever he wishes to be.

Kevincal
26th September 2011, 05:06
my point was, look at someone like Webber who is always up front and honest when interviewed, and actually speaks his mind a bit. Vettels responses always sound the same, always the politically correct passive aggressive answers. It just gets on my nerves. His face doesnt lie, but his words are just... I just wanna hear what he has to say from the heart of mind instead of always playing it safe in the media. He won this championship many races ago and everyone knows it.

And now the reporters are asking about records and again Vettel is claiming to be unaware and such. pfft. I guess we know his agenda now, he is trying to break records, is why he is staying so serious. ;) I guess I dont blame him, maybe im just not his biggest fan and am tired of him winning? :P I just hate seasons like this when a driver runs away with the title. Last year was great, going down to the last race. This year has been pretty boring. Vettel winning everything just like schumi 10 years ago.

The Black Knight
26th September 2011, 08:24

No, they are Japenese. The German's import them and slap a Merc sticker on them. He is really Kamui Kobayashi's cosmetically altered brother outsourced to RBR until his emotion chip is finished manufacturing.

The Black Knight
26th September 2011, 08:53
To those that claim the RBR is miles better than the rest of the field, I disagree staunchly. I don’t believe the depth in performance has been as great as people make out by any means. Most of the times McLaren or Ferrari have had a car at every race that has been potentially capable of winning it, they just haven’t seized the opportunity. How many times have we heard Whitmarsh or Hamilton come out afterwards and say that their car was quick enough for the win, it just didn’t quite happen? Well, as the guys in the BBC pointed out yesterday, Vettel was out front leading seizing every single opportunity, while all the other drivers just kept tripping over themselves.

There have been a few key points that have come together to make Seb WDC so early this year:

1: His qualifying performances have been tremendous
2: In race trim the car has not necessarily always been as quick but the advantage gained in qualifying along with supreme driving has allowed him maintain the gap. Spain is a typical example of this where the McLaren was faster but Hamilton simply couldn't get by.
3: Team performances – RBR have upped their game as a whole, especially in the strategy department
4: Car reliability – none of the silly blowouts he acquired last year
5: Vettel and his team, as EJ said it this weekend, are in harmony. They sing the same tune at every race.

I can’t quite remember a time when I have seen a driver make the most of every opportunity that was given to him throughout the course of a season. Seb has been faultless and he thoroughly deserves his second title. Mark Webber is a damn good racing driver and Vettel has blown him away this year. RBR recognise the talent Vettel has and what a huge task it is for Webber to win with him as a teammate.

Lewis Hamilton earned my respect for the way he came into the sport and handled a two time world champion in 2007. He earned it a lot more in 2008 when he won the title in only his second year.

Sebastien Vettel has won my respect over the course of this year for cutting out all the mistakes that he made last year and being truly magnificent to watch throughout the course of the season. I don’t care if he is robotic in interviews because he is amazing on track and I generally find him to be very personable.

Overall, F1 is very lucky with the crop of top three drivers on the grid today: Hamilton, Alonso and Vettel. Button isn’t up there for me, sorry, but Hamilton’s bad/unlucky/silly season is making him look better than he actually is.

We have on the grid today 3 great drivers, two of which, Hamilton and Vettel, I believe will be ranked amongst the all time greats in years to come.

The RBR car hasn’t really been the class of the field, Vettel has simply made it look like that.

jens
26th September 2011, 09:09
2009 was easier than this year.

I don't think I can agree. Ferrari and McLaren may be stronger now than they were back then, but in contrast the depth of the whole field was stronger back then. It was before the pull-outs of manufacturers and we had lots of well-funded teams, who had their flashes of promise every now and then. How many teams did reach podium in 2009? I think it was 9 out of 10. Right now after the fall of Renault no-one besides Top3 can even get close to a podium. All other teams besides top3 are basically weak, getting lapped in almost every race.

Daniel
26th September 2011, 09:17
Overall, F1 is very lucky with the crop of top three drivers on the grid today

You've got it all wrong, who wants to see the best driver doing his thing and being rewarded for it? No one. What we want to see is artificially close racing where all the drivers are close and my favourite driver wins. Personally I'd like to see Vettel penalised and docked points so the title can go down to the wire.

/S

Seriously though, I think some people just look for excuses to knock someone down when they're at the top. We're priveliged to see such good drivers as Vettel and it's not his fault that others aren't quite as good or just don't have the car to challenge him. Hamilton definitely deserves respect, sure he didn't start in a Minardi or some other crapbox, but he almost won the title in his first year so you can't say he didn't deserve to be there. As always, if he cuts out the little mistakes he will be very much up there with Vettel if the car is up for it. It would be nice if someone could do the maths and show where Lewis would be without his penalties and retirements this year.

The Black Knight
26th September 2011, 09:36
You've got it all wrong, who wants to see the best driver doing his thing and being rewarded for it? No one. What we want to see is artificially close racing where all the drivers are close and my favourite driver wins. Personally I'd like to see Vettel penalised and docked points so the title can go down to the wire.

/S

Seriously though, I think some people just look for excuses to knock someone down when they're at the top. We're priveliged to see such good drivers as Vettel and it's not his fault that others aren't quite as good or just don't have the car to challenge him. Hamilton definitely deserves respect, sure he didn't start in a Minardi or some other crapbox, but he almost won the title in his first year so you can't say he didn't deserve to be there. As always, if he cuts out the little mistakes he will be very much up there with Vettel if the car is up for it. It would be nice if someone could do the maths and show where Lewis would be without his penalties and retirements this year.

Those little mistakes have only crept in this year. Last year, barring Monza, Hamilton did a great job all year. Privileged yes, is another word to describle it. I do feel privileged that we have three great drivers on the grid today and can watch them battle it out week after week.

Hamilton is having a rough time at the moment but, as I say, he will bounce back next year.

truefan72
26th September 2011, 09:38
I don't think I can agree. Ferrari and McLaren may be stronger now than they were back then, but in contrast the depth of the whole field was stronger back then. It was before the pull-outs of manufacturers and we had lots of well-funded teams, who had their flashes of promise every now and then. How many teams did reach podium in 2009? I think it was 9 out of 10. Right now after the fall of Renault no-one besides Top3 can even get close to a podium. All other teams besides top3 are basically weak, getting lapped in almost every race.

agreed

Daniel
26th September 2011, 10:24
Those little mistakes have only crept in this year. Last year, barring Monza, Hamilton did a great job all year. Privileged yes, is another word to describle it. I do feel privileged that we have three great drivers on the grid today and can watch them battle it out week after week.

Hamilton is having a rough time at the moment but, as I say, he will bounce back next year.

I think the mistakes have only become a big problem this year, but I think the attitude towards them has always been there since the start. IMHO of course :)

I do hope he bounces back, for one the forum will be less annoying and having another driver up there fighting each race will be better.

wedge
26th September 2011, 12:59

Put it this way: Vettel, Hamilton or Alonso would not have struggled as greatly as Button did in 2009 WDC.

555-04Q2
26th September 2011, 14:05
Put it this way: Vettel, Hamilton or Alonso would not have struggled as greatly as Button did in 2009 WDC.

While generally I agree with this statement, it is just purely opinion and there is no way to confirm it.

AndyL
26th September 2011, 14:31

Probably true, but it's not a perfect comparison. Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso all won championships in their early twenties, and could have reasonably expected many more tilts at the crown in the future. Button was heading towards the twilight of his career, and in mid 2009, in a team running out of money, it looked likely to be his only possible shot at the title. That situation creates a different level of pressure I think.

wedge
26th September 2011, 16:21
Probably true, but it's not a perfect comparison. Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso all won championships in their early twenties, and could have reasonably expected many more tilts at the crown in the future. Button was heading towards the twilight of his career, and in mid 2009, in a team running out of money, it looked likely to be his only possible shot at the title. That situation creates a different level of pressure I think.

So in other words JB's natural talent is a bit inferior compared to others.

LH - equal to Alonso, arguably the better driver.

Alonso - maxmised the car for majority of 2005-06

When has Button won a race in the dry with an inferior car to a rival?

While generally I agree with this statement, it is just purely opinion and there is no way to confirm it.

Nurburgring 2009 - cool conditions, JB moaning about tyre temperature.

Nurburgring 2011 - cool conditions, JB inferior to LH. And yes, a slightly damaged car doesn't help either.

fandango
26th September 2011, 17:44
I don't understand this thread. Vettel's doing the perfect job this year. His only wobble was in Canada. His talking is being done on the track. What more can people want?

Daniel
26th September 2011, 17:48
I don't understand this thread. Vettel's doing the perfect job this year. His only wobble was in Canada. His talking is being done on the track. What more can people want?

For him to be British.

555-04Q2
27th September 2011, 11:39
:laugh: :up: :laugh:

ArrowsFA1
27th September 2011, 12:53
For him to be British.
And there it is ladies & gentlemen.
The trump card.
The clincher.
Well played.

kfzmeister
27th September 2011, 15:33
It's really difficult to say how Vettel stacks up to the greats. There's now doubt that the current RB is a bullet and the complete package.
Ferrari nowhere near and McLaren at times close. The drivers in those cars have made the difference.

Vettel consistently stays out of trouble and controversy, has a cool head and says it like it is. I admire him for it, although i am an Alonso fan.

I really can't say anything negative about him or RB. They have simply dominated the whole season and just about every circuit. Hat's off to them.

Kevincal
28th September 2011, 05:44
Let me also remind everyone who thinks Vettel smoking Webber this year was all down to Vettel being so much of a better driver...

This year, team orders are a go. How many car problems has Webber had this year!? Especially in the beginning of the year, it seemed almost obvious that Mark Webber was being sabotaged. Vettel has had ZERO reliability problems while Mark has had so many. It doesn't add up. If you ask me, Red Bull decided to show Mark who was boss early in the year, and Mark got the picture that he really was the 2nd driver and had to let Seb beat him. Mark is just in it for the money now. Last year I think was a more realistic assessment of Mark vs. Seb. They were almost dead even. To be fair the same thing is going on at Ferrari with Fred getting preferential treatment. It's easy to see McLaren doesn't favor any driver, and I think it's obvious why. Everyone is British.

Also the FIA seemed bent to let RBR to continue to use flexi wings, which was the obvious advantage the RBR's had / have over everyone. I really just hope next year the rules and cars are more equal and also hope Mark is not sabotaged again next year. They made it so his KERS or DRS breaks all the time this year...

Credit to Vettel, he has driven great. But it's so obvious the Red Bull is much quicker than any car.

zako85
28th September 2011, 08:14

The reporters should stop asking stupid questions about the title hopes and expectations. It's pretty obvious that, regardless of title situation, every top driver is driving to win races, which automatically means that every one of them is going for the title whenever its mathematically feasible and realistic. When being asked robotic questions, the drivers should be allowed to give robotic answers IMO.

555-04Q2
28th September 2011, 11:31
Let me also remind everyone who thinks Vettel smoking Webber this year was all down to Vettel being so much of a better driver...

This year, team orders are a go. How many car problems has Webber had this year!? Especially in the beginning of the year, it seemed almost obvious that Mark Webber was being sabotaged. Vettel has had ZERO reliability problems while Mark has had so many. It doesn't add up. If you ask me, Red Bull decided to show Mark who was boss early in the year, and Mark got the picture that he really was the 2nd driver and had to let Seb beat him. Mark is just in it for the money now. Last year I think was a more realistic assessment of Mark vs. Seb. They were almost dead even. To be fair the same thing is going on at Ferrari with Fred getting preferential treatment. It's easy to see McLaren doesn't favor any driver, and I think it's obvious why. Everyone is British.

Also the FIA seemed bent to let RBR to continue to use flexi wings, which was the obvious advantage the RBR's had / have over everyone. I really just hope next year the rules and cars are more equal and also hope Mark is not sabotaged again next year. They made it so his KERS or DRS breaks all the time this year...

Credit to Vettel, he has driven great. But it's so obvious the Red Bull is much quicker than any car.

I love the way people think that a team of 1000 odd workers are willing to sabotage 50% of their finished products to accomodate 1 person in the other 50% of their finished products.

It's ferking rediculous :down:

The Black Knight
28th September 2011, 11:42
I love the way people think that a team of 1000 odd workers are willing to sabotage 50% of their finished products to accomodate 1 person in the other 50% of their finished products.

Agreed. This post by kevincal is completely fictional and has no place in the real world of F1. It's complete speculation that lacks any sort of foundation. I really wonder where people get the time to make this kind of stuff up.

truefan72
28th September 2011, 22:06

Agreed. This post by kevincal is completely fictional and has no place in the real world of F1. It's complete speculation that lacks any sort of foundation. I really wonder where people get the time to make this kind of stuff up.

what accounts for Vettel's flawless cars and webber's seeming neverending problems with his car?
I am not a conspiracy guy, but when week after week we see the same pattern, it begs the question; "What's really going on over there?"

I think that at the very least RBR only really cares about Vettel's car and do the minimal of work on Webber's
I also think that Horner and team RBR still are bitter over Webber in 2010 ( even though IMO he should have been WDC if not of his problems in Korea and inspite of the teams blatant favoritism)
The guy was leading the WDC and they did everything possible to make sure that vettel still had a chance till the end.
I also believe that given absolutely equal machinery, Webber is a slightly better racer than Vettel, or at least more than a match for him
His problem has been terrible starts.
I was surprised he was back at RBR for 2011 as I predicted the season would unfold that way for him and will continue to be surprised if he remains there in 2012

vhatever
29th September 2011, 03:44
what accounts for Vettel's flawless cars and webber's seeming neverending problems with his car?
I am not a conspiracy guy, but when week after week we see the same pattern, it begs the question; "What's really going on over there?"

I think that at the very least RBR only really cares about Vettel's car and do the minimal of work on Webber's
I also think that Horner and team RBR still are bitter over Webber in 2010 ( even though IMO he should have been WDC if not of his problems in Korea and inspite of the teams blatant favoritism)
The guy was leading the WDC and they did everything possible to make sure that vettel still had a chance till the end.
I also believe that given absolutely equal machinery, Webber is a slightly better racer than Vettel, or at least more than a match for him
I was surprised he was back at RBR for 2011 as I predicted the season would unfold that way for him and will continue to be surprised if he remains there in 2012

Vettel is their number 1 driver, sure, they'd be dumb not priortize him because he is so much better than webber, as he has proved year after year, and the field for that matter. As far as crap happening to webber's car, do you even freaking watch F1? For 3 years now 80%-90% of the worst problems with the RBR cars have been vettels. If all things were equal between the two with bad luck car issues, vettel would be winning his third WDC this season, and half the british isle would be on suicide watch, instead of 25%.

Edit: I guess I should have read your post a lttle clsoer and saved time asking the question: no, you don't watch F1. "Webber is a slightly better racer than Vettel, or at least more than a match for him" ROFLMFAO

CaptainRaiden
29th September 2011, 09:51
People talking about conspiracy theories need to understand some things about F1. First of all, just to put two cars on the grid for raceday, it costs a team HUGE amount of money, effort and round the clock work. I read a report during the 2002 season I believe, where it said it cost Ferrari close to 1 million euros per race, per car, just to get them on the grid to be able to start the race. Imagine what the cost was before 2010 when the FIA finally put the 40 million cap on team budgets.

The whole process starts from the time they pack up and leave for the next race. They don't pay hundreds of mechanics, engineers, designers, management folks, invest in wind tunnels, buy the best equipment, invest in all kinds of tech wizardry, marketing and promotions, pay huge driver salaries, build motorhomes and facilities just for 3 days etc. just so that they can sabotage one of their cars on race day. :rolleyes: On top of this, they have a lot of other things at stake. It's the constructor points, drivers WDC points, the bonuses they get for finishing on the podium, the win bonus etc. etc.

Webber has admitted he's struggling with Pirelli tyres, and still hasn't come to terms with them. Why do people still wanna double guess him? It's just that Vettel has been way too good for him this season, and the Pirellis obviously suit his driving style. Red Bull gain absolutely NOTHING by putting Webber at a disadvantage. The biggest risk being losing the constructors title. Or do people think the drivers WDC is the only one that matters? I don't know what is so hard to understand.

vhatever
29th September 2011, 09:58
Vettel Leads in Stats | formula1nexus (http://www.formula1nexus.com/vettel-leads-in-stats/)

I'm not sure how much it has to do with the tires. Vettel has always stomped webber.

F1boat
29th September 2011, 10:18
People talking about conspiracy theories need to understand some things about F1. First of all, just to put two cars on the grid for raceday, it costs a team HUGE amount of money, effort and round the clock work. I read a report during the 2002 season I believe, where it said it cost Ferrari close to 1 million euros per race, per car, just to get them on the grid to be able to start the race. Imagine what the cost was before 2010 when the FIA finally put the 40 million cap on team budgets.

The whole process starts from the time they pack up and leave for the next race. They don't pay hundreds of mechanics, engineers, designers, management folks, invest in wind tunnels, buy the best equipment, invest in all kinds of tech wizardry, marketing and promotions, pay huge driver salaries, build motorhomes and facilities just for 3 days etc. just so that they can sabotage one of their cars on race day. :rolleyes: On top of this, they have a lot of other things at stake. It's the constructor points, drivers WDC points, the bonuses they get for finishing on the podium, the win bonus etc. etc.

Webber has admitted he's struggling with Pirelli tyres, and still hasn't come to terms with them. Why do people still wanna double guess him? It's just that Vettel has been way too good for him this season, and the Pirellis obviously suit his driving style. Red Bull gain absolutely NOTHING by putting Webber at a disadvantage. The biggest risk being losing the constructors title. Or do people think the drivers WDC is the only one that matters? I don't know what is so hard to understand.
+ 1

555-04Q2
29th September 2011, 11:08

The drivers have their own set of engineers, mechanics etc who setup and/or repair the cars. Blame Webber's own technical team if you want, but you can't blame the RBR team.

CNR
29th September 2011, 11:48
OK now how would it go down if like some other driver he claimed to be the next Ayrton Senna
Formula One - Sebastian Vettel keeps rolling - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/racing/blog/_/name/mckean_tom/id/7031180/formula-one-sebastian-vettel-keeps-rolling)

Through 76 career races, Vettel's win rate is on par with some of the greatest to ever get behind the wheel of an F1 machine. His 19 victories means he's filling the top step of the podium 25 percent of the time, which is nearly identical to the career win rates of Ayrton Senna (25.5) and Alain Prost (25.6).

Only 12 drivers have won more than Vettel over their entire careers,

markabilly
29th September 2011, 12:10

Does not take 50%; only 1 (or percentage wise, that would .1%)

Have you not noticed webber's starts? Take away thos bad starts and.....

In webber's case, this year, it appears to be whoever is doing the electronic start program or setting up the clutch, must be screwing webber in favor of vettel, probably for an extra case of red bull from Dr. Marko (who announced that "the other driver" -Webber- was a goner at the end of 2011)

Of course, there are those among you who might say that .1% be Webber......that is, tis he be the one forgetting how to use the clutch at all those starts where he loses so many places............................................ maybe so.. :dozey:

The Black Knight
29th September 2011, 12:15
Does not take 50%; only 1 (or percentage wise, that would .1%)

In webber's case, this year, it appears to be whoever is doing the electronic start program or setting up the clutch, must be screwing webber in favor of vettel, probably for an extra case of red bull from Dr. Marko (who announced that "the other driver" -Webber- was a goner at the end of 2011)

Of course, there are those among you who might say that .1% be Webber......that is, tis he be the one forgetting how to use the clutch at all those starts where he loses so many places............................................ maybe so.. :dozey:

Pirelli tyres have made starts more difficult - Mark Webber | Formula 1 | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1 (http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/60165.html)

Ta daaaaa!

No conspiracy.

markabilly
29th September 2011, 12:23
Pirelli tyres have made starts more difficult - Mark Webber | Formula 1 | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1 (http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/60165.html)

Ta daaaaa!

No conspiracy.

so, it aint the clutch, it is only webber (out of the entire field) who cant use the tyres...should have changed the title to, it aint my fault, da tyres have totally screwed my starts...

poor ole chopper... :rolleyes:

now I could add from the article:

And he explained that drivers still have a big part to play when engaging the clutch.
"The rules make it pretty challenging for engineers to get the starts right as launch control and other electronic aids that limit wheel-spin are not allowed," he added. "There is a lot of work for the drivers to do as well. I cannot give too much away but there are a number of procedures to go through before we get going. When the lights go out, we quickly release one clutch paddle on the steering wheel and feed in a second gradually - that's the one the driver uses to modulate the grip of the rear wheels."

ArrowsFA1
29th September 2011, 12:23
OK now how would it go down if like some other driver he claimed to be the next Ayrton Senna
Formula One - Sebastian Vettel keeps rolling - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/racing/blog/_/name/mckean_tom/id/7031180/formula-one-sebastian-vettel-keeps-rolling)
Let's see what those stats look like at the end of Vettel's career, rather than in the middle of a winning streak ;)

The Black Knight
29th September 2011, 12:47
so, it aint the clutch, it is only webber (out of the entire field) who cant use the tyres...should have changed the title to, it aint my fault, da tyres have totally screwed my starts...

poor ole chopper... :rolleyes:

now I could add from the article:

Poor ole chopper indeed. He hasn't got on top of things. He is getting better though.

Tumbo
29th September 2011, 13:36

Given how poor MW has started his entire career; look back at his days in Jag (no wait sorry they were just RBR before they were branded and even though he was no.1 there clearly the team wanted to sabotage him) or even in Williams (no wait again the team were clearly wanting Heidfeld to be winning there)

Why is it so hard for some ppl to accept that maybe MW just isn't that good and that Vettel is clearly better than he is? Obviously there has to be a consipracy going on - I mean we only need look at how ppl overlook that Vettel has had KERS problems this yr as well; or that he was the one w/ more mechanical failures last yr - end of the day MW cost himself the title when he crashed out of Korea (no wait I forget the team purposely changed his settings so that he would run off the road gifting Vettel the win - which coincidently he lost out on cause of an engine failure.......................)

jens
29th September 2011, 13:54
Oh, there is another thread, where people are discussing about Webber conspiracy. :p : I'm just saying that he is in the same boat as Schumi, Barri, Trulli, Heidi, Massa - none of them has been as eletrifying as in the past. Their performance levels have all dropped, that's it. Webber should be fortunate that he has got a contract extension, he'll get his twilight season in F1 in 2012.

As for the surprise of some people that "oh his performance has dropped so much within one year, how is it possible?". Well, Barrichello was much better in 2010 than 2011. Hill was much better in 1998 than in 1999 before retiring. Patrese was much better before 1992-1993. Coulthard had a forgettable season in 2008. Webber is just experiencing what a number of drivers tend to experience at the end of their (long) careers. What's the big deal?

CNR
30th September 2011, 09:04
F1 : High-altitude scare for Vettel after Singapore (http://f1.madeinmotorsport.com/en/headlines/news-f1-high-altitude-scare-for-vettel-after-singapore-27214.html)

"The captain came immediately to Sebastian and explained the electronic defect. Sebastian was very relaxed and even let himself be photographed with the crew members and passengers."