PDA

View Full Version : PT's little foray on Canadian Radio....

Mark in Oshawa
20th September 2011, 08:42
ok...for those of you (just about all of you) who don't get "Raceline", a Canadian syndicated radio show once a week, let me fill you in on PT's latest contention.

Apparently PT was originally to run Japan and Kentucky in place of Justin Wilson in the Dreyer/Reinbold ride. Then he was to do Vegas with Jay Penske's outfit. Apparently PT wasn't allowed BY Penske to do so (some clause in the contract giving Jay first rights for PT's services) to go to Dreyer. I missed the complete interview word for word due to a co worker and his bad timed inquiry to me, but has anyone else heard of this issue?

Lets face it, if Jay Penske wants PT remotely competitive, letting him drive, even for someone else for 2 dates would be a good idea.

Another PT tidbit, he thinks the IRL is a little out to lunch on the new car. PT isn't a fan of the look, and he says half the teams he has talked to have had a hell of a time getting engine contracts signed. Apparently the teams were to all have their engines picked by Sept. 1. Teams PT talked to were not even getting the manufacturer reps returning calls by that point.....

SarahFan
20th September 2011, 12:08
Non of thatsuprises me