Mark
18th September 2011, 11:35
Matt Neal in trouble already!

Alfa Fan
18th September 2011, 12:03
BTCCPages has a time machine now?

Allyc85
18th September 2011, 12:35
Great come back drive by Rob Austin, its such a shame he gets into these incidents that cost him even better results!

Also a great drive by Frank to get another podium, Foster who races cleanly for a top 6, and Caine who got points on his debut.

RMLCruzeing82
18th September 2011, 13:05
well done Plato mate, very controlled race :) and well done to frank and rob and laughing Neal 3 turns and hes bumping off drivers and wrecks his own race.

christophulus
18th September 2011, 17:16
A brilliant day of BTCC, Nash with his first win and the NGTCs are flying. Should make it interesting for the last two rounds.

m.lowe
18th September 2011, 18:06
Mint racing and good to see different cars doing so well
Toyota and Audi are excellent
I hope Dan Welch can get that Proton to do the same

Bring on the Octavia

Allyc85
18th September 2011, 18:13
Mint racing and good to see different cars doing so well
Toyota and Audi are excellent
I hope Dan Welch can get that Proton to do the same

Bring on the Octavia

Agreed, I enjoyed all 3 races a lot, and was really hoping that Austin could find a way past!

Eurotech
18th September 2011, 18:19
Is it just me that thinks that those NGTC cars are now maybe getting a tad quicker than they should be relative to the S2000/NGTC cars? This is going to cause the same issues next year

m0rk
18th September 2011, 18:29
Is it just me that thinks that those NGTC cars are now maybe getting a tad quicker than they should be relative to the S2000/NGTC cars? This is going to cause the same issues next year

I guess that the parity is the top running NGTC is equal to the top NA S2000 & top NGTC S2000

Regardless of the driver..... so *technically* if you only had up & coming NGTC drivers, they'd be dicing with the front runners, rather than round the back of the grid where they belong.

Hmmmm. You might have something there

christophulus
18th September 2011, 19:41
I'd be surprised if any of the 'main' teams will run anything other than NGTC cars next year, considering how far they've progressed this year.

Sarah
18th September 2011, 20:25
I'm back from Rockingham went to quali and saw race 1 & 2 had a brilliant time couldn't see any this car is a lot faster than that car but was quite processional along straight most action was infield. Owy so nearly got pole managed to catch up with him afterwards he was as pleased as punch. Was really impressed with Frank & the Toyota. Michael Caine was attracting a lot of interest. James Thompson was there visiting was very visible on grid, in pits, in paddock he looked very well. Good crowd today and nice weather. Will try and post some pics later in the week.

RMLCruzeing82
18th September 2011, 23:08
well done to Plato, Shedden, Nash and well done to Austin, Wrathall, Collard, O'Neill, and TOCA for make for me one of the best weekends racing this year

and id also like to say, Plato, Neal. Well done for shaking hands and putting what happened behind you.

Here is to two cracking final rounds of the 2011 BTCC. may the best man win :)

VkmSpouge
19th September 2011, 23:37
It just struck me that despite there being six Fords in the field on Sunday, half of which driven by race winners they scored a grand combined total of 1 point and that was by a driver in his first ever touring car race.

RMLCruzeing82
21st September 2011, 08:51
It just struck me that despite there being six Fords in the field on Sunday, half of which driven by race winners they scored a grand combined total of 1 point and that was by a driver in his first ever touring car race.

how embarrassing for the others Ha!

Eurotech
23rd September 2011, 19:41
Ford had a bit of a mare I think... I thought the Knockhill pace was there for good but apparently not. Mat Jackson has now scored 1 point in the last 6 races interestingly.

BDunnell
24th September 2011, 10:00
I am intrigued by the pace of the NGTC Audi and Toyota. What is their actual level of performance, I wonder? There's no doubt that Austin and Wrathall are driving them very well, but because of the equalisation we don't know if those cars are running higher up than they otherwise would be.