Qualifying: Saturday, September 17 1:40 pm/et

Green Flag : Sunday, September 18 2:16 pm/et

Nationwide

Dollar General 300

Qualifying: Saturday, September 17 12:05 pm/et

Green Flag : Saturday, September 17 3:30 pm/et

00steven
16th September 2011, 19:58
Real nice of RC to tell Menard to spin last week. If a guy like Jeff Gordon says it, it has to have merit.

harvick#1
17th September 2011, 06:26
Real nice of RC to tell Menard to spin last week. If a guy like Jeff Gordon says it, it has to have merit.

this is on Menards team only.

plus also tell me which team hasnt been caught or been under investigation by Nascar for cheating or team orders, if I recall, Gibbs was found not to long ago in the NWS to have magnets under the gas pedal to try and hide HP, but were caught, what about the time the 24 and 48 brought completely illegal cars to Sonoma only to get a slap on the wrist. Gordon has had it both ways, **** happens, gotta learn to race.

I got a feeling alot of dirty play is gonna be involved this year, I can see Martin, or Logano, Ragan, Bowyer/Menard, and others take out certain drivers or really pin them on the track

00steven
17th September 2011, 20:59
this is on Menards team only.

plus also tell me which team hasnt been caught or been under investigation by Nascar for cheating or team orders, if I recall, Gibbs was found not to long ago in the NWS to have magnets under the gas pedal to try and hide HP, but were caught, what about the time the 24 and 48 brought completely illegal cars to Sonoma only to get a slap on the wrist. Gordon has had it both ways, **** happens, gotta learn to race.

I got a feeling alot of dirty play is gonna be involved this year, I can see Martin, or Logano, Ragan, Bowyer/Menard, and others take out certain drivers or really pin them on the track

I guess, but it has no place in in the highest form of stockcar racing.

MD24
18th September 2011, 00:44
1 17 Matt Kenseth
2 27 Paul Menard
3 22 Kurt Busch
4 39 Ryan Newman
5 99 Carl Edwards
6 2 Brad Keselowski
7 16 Greg Biffle
8 83 Brian Vickers
9 18 Kyle Busch
10 20 Joey Logano

11 47 Bobby Labonte
12 48 Jimmie Johnson
13 78 Regan Smith
14 1 Jamie McMurray
15 6 David Ragan
16 42 Juan Montoya
17 9 Marcos Ambrose
18 43 A.J. Allmendinger
19 88 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
20 56 Martin Truex Jr.

21 33 Clint Bowyer
22 31 Jeff Burton
23 24 Jeff Gordon
24 4 Kasey Kahne
25 5 Mark Martin
26 14 Tony Stewart
27 11 Denny Hamlin
28 21 Trevor Bayne
29 00 David Reutimann
30 29 Kevin Harvick

31 51 Landon Cassill
32 38 J.J. Yeley
33 66 Michael McDowell
34 30 David Stremme
35 46 Scott Speed
36 87 Joe Nemechek
37 7 Robby Gordon
38 34 David Gilliland
39 36 Dave Blaney
40 71 Andy Lally

41 13 Casey Mears
42 32 Mike Bliss
43 37 Josh Wise

Did Not Qualify
44 55 Travis Kvapil
45 195 David Starr
46 135 Stephen Leicht
47 60 Mike Skinner

00steven
20th September 2011, 00:37
Kyle and Matt are just about done already. It's ashame to see a title decided on fuel but, that's how it's been all year long.

Alexamateo
20th September 2011, 01:19
Jimmie Johnson was 25th in the first chase race last year, so I wouldn't write them off just yet, plus Kyle is the most likely person to pull off a string of wins. Remember in 2006 Jimmie Johnson had 4 non-top-10's in the chase including a 39th, and then reeled off a string of 4 seconds and a win. Also if anyone can reel off 9 top 10's in a row, it's Kenseth who somehow manages to do it even on days when they don't run well.

Jared East
20th September 2011, 01:42

You know I was starting to like Jeff a little bit, it seemed to me he was getting less whinnying his old age but when I heard that I realized I was wrong. Even if he thinks Menard did I think he should of kept his month shut it really looks bad on the sport.
I think he's just getting pissed about not being NASCARs golden boy anymore.

I really like the was Harvick looked today.

Sparky1329
20th September 2011, 05:38
You know I was starting to like Jeff a little bit, it seemed to me he was getting less whinnying his old age but when I heard that I realized I was wrong. Even if he thinks Menard did I think he should of kept his month shut it really looks bad on the sport.
I think he's just getting pissed about not being NASCARs golden boy anymore.

I really like the was Harvick looked today.

In all fairness to Jeff, over the weekend I saw an interview with Jeff Gordon about the Menard spin. He said he did not make any comment about it until a reporter questioned him. IOW Jeff did not bring it up at all until he was specifically asked.

harvick#1
20th September 2011, 06:09
I noticed alot of "debris" cautions that seemed to help the old 24 car out today, but the fuel milage bit them as well. great win by Tony, but the way Harvick has been gettin his wins this season, I thought Smoke would have run out on turn 4 and Harv coast by, :laugh:

what a tough break for Kenseth, was that Gilliland pushing him across, for someones mistake in not knowing the rules cost him some big positions.

Mark in Oshawa
20th September 2011, 19:00
It aint over yet......9 races to go, no one is truly out of it if they go on a hot streak. All we know is that Newman Haas is going to be a factor after all, which makes the chase that little bit more intriguing....

As for Jeff, I don't blame him for being p oed with the Menard gang. You hear that radio or you read the transcript, and they look guilty as get out....and THAT isn't good..

Fine for people to say he shouldn't whine about it, but he didn't bring it up, the reporters did. He I think would have said nothing...and let the closed door lobbying do the job to stop it from happening again. I know damn well NASCAR cant prove anything but they can make it clear to Menard or anyone else that intentionally spinning could involve a mandatory loss of a lap...and other penalties possibly as well. There is a lot of lobbying going on....and it is clear that games need to be nipped in the butt.

As for the assumption all teams cheat, yes...to an extent, they all do and all push the rules, but that doesn't change the reality the others are going to jump on the offenders when they find out. Nature of the business, and as it should be...there is a reason NASCAR makes them all work in one garage in the open...self policing is the best way to keep people in line.