View Full Version : Indy Japan - The Final - Race Thread

DanicaFan
8th September 2011, 17:09
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/japanlogo2.jpg

Race 16 of 18

Race - Indy Japan- The Final

Location - Twin Ring Motegi (Road Course) - Motegi, Tochigi, Japan

Date - Sunday, September 18th - 12:00 AM

Time & TV Schedule - Pre-Race Show-Saturday, September 17th - 11:00PM , Green Flag - 12:00AM (Sunday, Sept.18th) - Versus

Course Type - 2.98 Mile Road Course

Distance - 63 Laps / 187.74 Miles

Practice Sessions -
Thursday, September 15th - 2:00PM -3:15PM Eastern
Friday, September 16th - 8:00AM-9:00AM & 11:00AM-12:00PM Eastern
Saturday, September 17th -Warm Up Session - 8:00AM - 8:30AM Eastern

Qualifications - Friday, September 16th - 2:00PM -3:20PM Eastern

2010 Pole Sitter - #3 Helio Castroneves 54.1803(Time) / 201.992 mph (On Oval Course)

2010 Winner - #3 Helio Castroneves

**Note - All times listed in Eastern Time, Motegi, Japan is 13 hours ahead.

DanicaFan
8th September 2011, 17:10
2 different maps...1 showing the road course layout in comparison to the oval course..

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/motegi.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/Motegi_Circuit.jpg

DanicaFan
8th September 2011, 17:11
I know the days and times look kind of strange to the norm, but remember, Japan is 13 hours ahead of us (Eastern zoners) so this is all taking place the next day actually..lol :confused:

heliocastroneves#3
8th September 2011, 17:17
Mutoh will return! I never was a real fan of him, but if I have to choice between Sato and Mutoh I will definitely choose for Mutoh. :)

Can't wait for this race, Hélio has to become the only driver who won on both the oval and road course!

I dunno what time the race starts in the United States, I live in The Netherlands and here it starts Sunday morning around 6:00 AM (Dutch time)

But it has been like this already since 2003, so there's nothing new to me. ;)

DanicaFan
8th September 2011, 17:26
Nothing against Mutoh but I wouldnt expect much from him. He just never really impressed me at Andretti Green.

heliocastroneves#3
8th September 2011, 17:35
Sometimes he had his days, but he was clearly the worst of all four Andretti Green drivers indeed. But still this guy knows how to drive, in his debut race he just drove to a fantastic 8th place and even last year while he drove a worse season he sometimes surprised me very much in qualifying.. I don't think we can expect much from him, but for me he's still not a bad driver and if we talk about crashing or doing silly things he's way better then Sato, while Sato seems to be faster. But we can't compare those two as both are having a completely different driving style.

But you never know, maybe he'll surprise, maybe not.

Rice made his comeback in IndyCar after almost three years and he really impressed me at Indy despite he finished 18th. Also can't wait to see how he's gonna perform on Kentucky and Las Vegas... We know one thing and that is that there can someone become a winner of both oval and road course events at Motegi. Scott Sharp won't be the guy as he isn't driving IndyCar anymore (the winner of the inaugural event) and also Wheldon isn't gonna win it as he isn't a full time driver this year and only drove (and won) the Indianapolis 500 (which is way much more important to win), so if Kanaan, Patrick, Dixie or Hélio wins it then he or she can call his or herself a winner on both Motegi oval and road course.

I drove on this circuit in rFactor and I have to say the road course is simply beautiful and pretty fast.

Anubis
8th September 2011, 23:55
Can offer no real insight except to say I used to enjoying hooning round this layout in a bonkers Super GT Skyline in Gran Tourismo. It's not Suzuka (where is?), but it's a decent circuit. Has some nice elevation changes as I recall, and a few weird double apex and tightening corners that always tripped me up.

I would love to see Sato get a result here for any number of reasons, but guess it'll be the usual Dario and Dixie show.

FormerFF
9th September 2011, 03:17
I understand that the oval was only used by Indycar. Since Indycar isn't coming back and the oval was damaged by the earthquake, I wonder if it ultimately will be decommissioned rather than repaired.

heliocastroneves#3
9th September 2011, 16:42
I think it will, because IndyCar might return in the future (If I'm right?)

DanicaFan
10th September 2011, 06:20
Pit Lane Assignments..

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/japanpits.jpg

chuck34
12th September 2011, 12:27
Why is this race called "The Final"? It isn't the last race of the year. And hopefully Japan isn't closing the door on IndyCar for good. Seems like a strange name for a race.

SarahFan
12th September 2011, 12:38
StrAnge series

heliocastroneves#3
12th September 2011, 16:26
They call it "The Final" for two reasons.... Due the race moved from the oval to the road course it's not a 300 mile race anymore which means the name "Indy Japan 300" is useless. It's for now the final IndyCar race in Japan and that's the reason they call it "Indy Japan - The Final". For me this name is not that strange. Because it's the final race in Japan. And with the oval damage it's even a question if the IndyCar will ever return. I dunno how much damage there is on that oval. Hope they show us some pic's of it before the race starts.

DanicaFan
12th September 2011, 16:51
Entry List..

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/japanentry.jpg

heliocastroneves#3
12th September 2011, 17:55
de Oliveira instead of Saavedra in that #34 Conquest car.... Good, because Saavedra drives an awful season. Very curious what de Oliveira is gonna show us. :)

SoCalPVguy
13th September 2011, 15:13
Is the Princess going to go to Japan or stay home ?

DanicaFan
13th September 2011, 15:40
Is the Princess going to go to Japan or stay home ?

She is going but she has legit reason to be concerned.

DanicaFan
13th September 2011, 15:48
Virtual Lap of the road course at Motegi..

IHXL-KkVMd8

heliocastroneves#3
13th September 2011, 16:08
While I prefer oval races, I'd like road/street course races as well... And of course I would prefer to see a race on that oval, but due the damage that's impossible. But I've always liked this road course in iRacing and rFactor. I hope we're gonna see a great race here!

Mark in Oshawa
13th September 2011, 16:30

Really? Oh come on!!! My Bull**** detector just redlined when I saw Danica at a NASCAR press conference (remember where she is going to be next year) bad mouthing the whole idea over radiation concerns. Radiation matters if you are racing around the reactors. Fukashima is not next door to the track. It also emitted all its radiation 6 months ago. The people of Japan, who lost half their east coast on the big island of Honshu are reassembling what is left of their lives and the princess is worried about being there for 5 days? Lady drives a race car, that is more dangerous than any radiation she may get. I guess she better quit flying too, because every time you fly you are exposed to radiation since you are above a lot of the Earth's protective atmosphere.....good lord...Danica, take some Iodine pills and drive the damn race car. I bet if the oval was still in use, she wouldn't be spouting this crap....

00steven
13th September 2011, 16:37

Just trying to grab more attention as her Indycar future comes to an end.

harvick#1
13th September 2011, 16:41

:rolleyes:

I've heard no other drivers concerned about it

Mark in Oshawa
13th September 2011, 16:50
:rolleyes:

I've heard no other drivers concerned about it

They drive race cars for a living...they know it is dangerous. I guess Danica doesn't see the irony...

bblocker68
13th September 2011, 17:03
Wow, this is like the DanicaFan countdown!

And hey, she still stinks!

Anubis
13th September 2011, 17:14
Really? Oh come on!!! My Bull**** detector just redlined when I saw Danica at a NASCAR press conference (remember where she is going to be next year) bad mouthing the whole idea over radiation concerns. Radiation matters if you are racing around the reactors. Fukashima is not next door to the track. It also emitted all its radiation 6 months ago. The people of Japan, who lost half their east coast on the big island of Honshu are reassembling what is left of their lives and the princess is worried about being there for 5 days? Lady drives a race car, that is more dangerous than any radiation she may get. I guess she better quit flying too, because every time you fly you are exposed to radiation since you are above a lot of the Earth's protective atmosphere.....good lord...Danica, take some Iodine pills and drive the damn race car. I bet if the oval was still in use, she wouldn't be spouting this crap....

She's undoubtedly at considerably more of a direct health risk from exposure to cumulative exhaust emissions and particulates over any given race weekend. Added up over an entire racing career, I'm sure that puts any driver statistically more likely to get any number of medical issues, from respiritory disease through to various cancers. In fact, she's probably more exposed to dangerous substances merely by being in and around airports on a regular basis. A few of the MotoGP guys have been voicing concerns about Fukushima, also completely overlooking the radiation doses they receive every time they have an x-ray, which being MotoGP riders, will be quite often.

DBell
13th September 2011, 17:16
I was hoping we wouldn't have any IndyCar drivers follow in the path of the Moto GP whiners about Japan. But leave it to Danica.....

The info about radiation and earthquakes by independent monitors is out there if they really cared to investigate. Funny you don't hear the fears about earthquakes when they are going to Sonoma, Laguna Seca. Long Beach and, next year, Fontana. Big quakes could happen there at any time.

heliocastroneves#3
13th September 2011, 17:20
That's why she goes to NASCAR... The 2012 Indycar is probably way too fast for her. :p :

Anubis
13th September 2011, 18:09
Given her move to NASCAR means a much more concentrated race program entirely within the US, she should probably be more concerned about radon. I don't have the time or indeed inclination to map measured radon levels to track geography and then work out her potential exposure, but the data exist if someone really wanted to.

A Citizen's Guide to Radon | Radon | US EPA (http://www.epa.gov/radon/pubs/citguide.html)
Radon level averages across the US (http://www.radon.com/radon/radon_map.html)

In addition, any races in or near heavy coal mining regions are going to be a concern due to soot particles. Then there's tracks near coal fired power stations, which will be exposed to much higher levels of mercury. Never mind NOT flying to Japan, she should be thinking about flying AWAY FROM the US if health is her main concern!

anthonyvop
13th September 2011, 18:15
Virtual lap of Twin Ring Motegi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYFIc43lO3A

Civic
13th September 2011, 18:37
The Dome-Mugen F105i did a lap in about 1:36. I believe the car is built to 1997 rules, so it would be interesting to see what the laptime discrepancy between the F105i and a Dallara-Honda is at the Twin Ring Motegi road course.

Fast forward to 2:50 of the following YouTube video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFQngxGacZg

heliocastroneves#3
13th September 2011, 18:55
In rFactor with the IZOD IndyCar Series 2010 mod on that track I drove around the 1:45's and yes I'm a good simracer.... So I guess the lap times will be more around what I drove in rFactor.. Because that Dome F1 car of course is faster.. Because in the corners, even back in then, an F1 car always has been faster then an IndyCar.

DanicaFan
13th September 2011, 19:04
I already posted a virtual lap anthony...LOL

anthonyvop
13th September 2011, 19:07
I already posted a virtual lap anthony...LOL

Yea but mine is better.

Mark in Oshawa
13th September 2011, 19:33
Tony no it isn't...it has been shut down. DF's link still works...lol...

Anubis
13th September 2011, 20:44
Tony no it isn't...it has been shut down. .

Radiation must have got it.

DBell
14th September 2011, 14:14
Marshall Pruett wrote a preview on Speed for the Japan race.

AUTO RACING - INDYCAR: Japan Preview (http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-japan-preview1)

Here is what he wrote about Danica's "Japan's not safe" rant.

Marshall:

Sayonara Crowd Support

In the latest round of ‘I read it on the internet, it MUST be true,’ Danica Patrick unloaded a boorish and seemingly paranoid take on the state of safety in Japan (http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-patrick-fearful-of-radiation-ahead-of-japan-race/) while at the Richmond NASCAR event last week.

Without citing any facts, Patrick used her pulpit to inform the world-at-large that:

1. Japan’s meat isn’t safe
2. Its vegetables and fruits probably aren’t safe
3. There are earthquakes in Japan every week
4. There’s a general safety concern involved with being in Japan
5. The IndyCar Series is trying to force the race on its drivers
6. She and her husband will be bringing as much of their own food and water to Japan as possible

Using a similar internet fact-finding approach, here are a few domestic counterpoints for Patrick to consider:

1. The United States Department of Agriculture recalled 185,000 pounds of ground turkey on Sunday due to salmonella poisoning concerns. 228,000 pounds of beef were recalled in late July due to E. coli concerns. Meat, in general, and regardless of locale, can pose a serious health risk.
2. The FDA has recalled raisins, spinach, strawberries, cottage cheese, papayas, and yogurt, amongst other items, in the past 7 weeks. Like meat, fruits and vegetables, in general, and regardless of locale, can pose serious health risks.
3. California experiences roughly 100 earthquakes per day. Japan has approximately four. Patrick did not complain about earthquakes prior to the Long Beach or Sonoma IndyCar races this year.
4. Phoenix, Arizona resident Patrick lives in a metro where safety is a constant concern. With murder rates double the national average--higher than even Los Angeles—moving from Phoenix to Japan would be far safer.
5. Barring a hidden clause in her contract or the presence of an armed militia forcing her to fly and drive, Patrick has, by all accounts, the right and power to skip the race in Motegi.
6. Whether it was inspired by Patrick’s press conference or brought on by his own fears, one of the top drivers in the series is also bringing his own food and water to consume in Japan.

For a country trying to rebuild after a disaster that claimed more than 20,000 lives and rocked its economy and infrastructure, it’s possible Patrick’s wide-eyed Richmond rant could have been delivered with more compassion and respect

Maybe Danica should learn to ride motorcycles and join Moto GP

heliocastroneves#3
14th September 2011, 16:00
Never thought she could whine that far...

DanicaFan
14th September 2011, 19:03
de Oliveira instead of Saavedra in that #34 Conquest car.... Good, because Saavedra drives an awful season. Very curious what de Oliveira is gonna show us. :)

I love your enthusiasm but again, I wouldnt expect much. He has no experience in this Indycar.

DanicaFan
14th September 2011, 19:04
You guys are tough and harsh on Danica. You will miss her when she is gone. I know I will terribly. I hate to see her go but I'll see her out there running with the NASCAR boys now. :(

SarahFan
14th September 2011, 19:42
I won't miss her

beachbum
14th September 2011, 19:46
You guys are tough and harsh on Danica. You will miss her when she is gone. I know I will terribly. I hate to see her go but I'll see her out there running with the NASCAR boys now. :(
DF, you were doing pretty good with restraint until now. I won't miss her in Indy Car, but I will miss watching NASCAR. If recent coverage is any clue, it will be all Danica all the time, especially on ESPN. I already wore out the mute button on one remote.

As for de Oliveira, I think he might surprise as he has lots of experience at Motegi. The Formula Nippon cars he has won with are very similar to current Indy Cars.

heliocastroneves#3
14th September 2011, 20:46
I won't miss her, because since she goes to NASCAR I'm not a fan of her anymore.... I don't support quitters. But of course I respect it that DanicaFan is a fan of her. Everyone their opinion. I also wouldn't like it if people would constantly bash on Hélio and/or Michael Schumacher.

To come back about my enthusiasm... It's not that I expect much from Mutoh and/or de Oliveira, but I'm just curious what they're gonna show us.. It's more curiosity than enthusiasm, while I pretty much like the come back of Hideki Mutoh.... While I like Takuma's personality I like Mutoh's driving style. I think Mutoh has talent, but for some reason he sucked last year. :(

00steven
14th September 2011, 21:57
Why would we miss a middle of the road driver?

garyshell
15th September 2011, 05:10
You guys are tough and harsh on Danica. You will miss her when she is gone.(

No, I won't miss her a bit. The sooner she is gone the better. She is a self absorbed, mid-field driver (not a racer), with a persistent chip on her shoulder and an "entitled" attitude. Nope, I won't miss the princess one bit.

Gary

beachbum
15th September 2011, 11:46
No, I won't miss her a bit. The sooner she is gone the better. She is a self absorbed, mid-field driver (not a racer), with a persistent chip on her shoulder and an "entitled" attitude. Nope, I won't miss the princess one bit.

Gary

but....but.... what will we talk about? :D

Dr. Krogshöj
15th September 2011, 12:59
I lost the last bit of respect I had for Patrick after the ignorant remarks about radiation levels and Japan. I will have two reasons to support Simona this weekend: for being the great person she is and for promoting cheap and clean energy production. (While I acknowledge it is a bad idea to build a nuclear power plant on a tsunami prone sea shore.)

FormerFF
15th September 2011, 13:33
I lost the last bit of respect I had for Patrick after the ignorant remarks about radiation levels and Japan. I will have two reasons to support Simona this weekend: for being the great person she is and for promoting cheap and clean energy production. (While I acknowledge it is a bad idea to build a nuclear power plant on a tsunami prone sea shore.)

I've never known nuclear power to be cheap. Our electric rates just went up 8% because we are now paying the interest on a nuclear plant that isn't expected to come online for six more years. Who knows how much the rates will go up then,

heliocastroneves#3
15th September 2011, 14:04
I had the most respect for Danica until she started whining about road courses this year... Simona de Silvestro has talent but if we talk about the racing she's exactly vice versa... She's not good on ovals but very good on road courses. But at least she enjoys racing on an oval and is not constantly whining about them. Simona is a good person and I wish her the best in the rest of her IndyCar career.

The company GoDaddy should be renamed to GoDanica. Better they put some money in Sebastian Vettel... He's ruining F1 with winning anything right now, but the guy has plenty of talent... Danica knows how to drive a car, but she's not a Franchitti, Power, Vettel, Michael Schumacher, Ayrton Senna or Alain Prost to take some examples. She's more a Ralf Schumacher, a driver who (as already mentioned) knows how to drive a car, but is not a real winner. Her only win was also a very lucky one, but we have to notice that Castroneves' win at Kentucky last year was going in exactly the same way. While I like it to bash on Danica; I won't do it constantly. I don't like it either if people were bashing all the time on my favorite drivers..

Alfa Fan
15th September 2011, 14:14
Does anyone else enjoy the irony that America's most famous racing driver has never actually won a race in America, at any level.

heliocastroneves#3
15th September 2011, 14:35
Never thought about that, but true.... :)

Lee Roy
15th September 2011, 15:01
Does anyone else enjoy the irony that America's most famous racing driver has never actually won a race in America, at any level.

Where is it shown that she is America's most famous racing driver?

Mark in Oshawa
15th September 2011, 15:31
but....but.... what will we talk about? :D

The Racing....for a change....

Mark in Oshawa
15th September 2011, 15:32
Where is it shown that she is America's most famous racing driver? ESPN keeps trying to make her that now she is driving in Nationwide....you get the top 5 interviewed..and Danica....even if she did nothing and finished a lap down in 20th...

SarahFan
15th September 2011, 15:49
She's all yours now leeroy....

00steven
15th September 2011, 18:35
I had the most respect for Danica until she started whining about road courses this year... Simona de Silvestro has talent but if we talk about the racing she's exactly vice versa... She's not good on ovals but very good on road courses. But at least she enjoys racing on an oval and is not constantly whining about them. Simona is a good person and I wish her the best in the rest of her IndyCar career.

The company GoDaddy should be renamed to GoDanica. Better they put some money in Sebastian Vettel... He's ruining F1 with winning anything right now, but the guy has plenty of talent... Danica knows how to drive a car, but she's not a Franchitti, Power, Vettel, Michael Schumacher, Ayrton Senna or Alain Prost to take some examples. She's more a Ralf Schumacher, a driver who (as already mentioned) knows how to drive a car, but is not a real winner. Her only win was also a very lucky one, but we have to notice that Castroneves' win at Kentucky last year was going in exactly the same way. While I like it to bash on Danica; I won't do it constantly. I don't like it either if people were bashing all the time on my favorite drivers..

Danica shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as those guys. Open Wheel racing in America has always had a balance of ovals and road and street courses. Danica was brought up racing road courses (apparently forgot how to race on them) and the fact that she complains and openly admits that since the merger there are too many road courses for her liking and that played a large role in her leaving Indycar.

She has no more respect for the rich history of American Open Wheel racing, therefore I have no respect for her.

garyshell
15th September 2011, 18:41
The Racing....for a change....

Or RACERS, like Simona, Katherine (if she does make it back next year), and in a past tense, Sarah.

Gary

heliocastroneves#3
15th September 2011, 20:59
Danica shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as those guys. Open Wheel racing in America has always had a balance of ovals and road and street courses. Danica was brought up racing road courses (apparently forgot how to race on them) and the fact that she complains and openly admits that since the merger there are too many road courses for her liking and that played a large role in her leaving Indycar.

She has no more respect for the rich history of American Open Wheel racing, therefore I have no respect for her.

She only thinks in circles... It's not a problem if Danica has that opinion, but she doesn't have to complain about it constantly. She better keeps her mouth shut. Does she also write with her left hand anyway? xD It's also funny to know that her two front row starts on road courses were both on tracks where the first turn is a left turn. :p :

NickFalzone
16th September 2011, 02:22
Amongst race fans, casual and hardcore, she's probably not one of the most discussed ones. But certainly outside of the racing fanbase, she's the most talked about driver, with only Jr. at a similar level.

FormerFF
16th September 2011, 03:15
Amongst race fans, casual and hardcore, she's probably not one of the most discussed ones. But certainly outside of the racing fanbase, she's the most talked about driver, with only Jr. at a similar level.

Yeah, I'd have to give the nod to either Junior or Jeff Gordon. I'd have to rate Jimmie Johnson as the best current American driver, but he just doesn't get the attention that his success should bring.

beachbum
16th September 2011, 03:19
Where is it shown that she is America's most famous racing driver?

The proper word may be "infamous"

NickFalzone
16th September 2011, 03:20
Yeah, I'd have to give the nod to either Junior or Jeff Gordon. I'd have to rate Jimmie Johnson as the best current American driver, but he just doesn't get the attention that his success should bring.

I think Kyle is the best current American driver, and JJ's 48 is the best overall American race team. Shamefully, not much to report America-wise on the IndyCar front, with the exception of the small gleaming light of Hildebrand.

SarahFan
16th September 2011, 03:43
Take danicas photo alOng with a handful of others racers and show them to 10k random folks across the country and I'd be willing to bet she is the most recognizable ...

NickFalzone
16th September 2011, 04:05
Take danicas photo alOng with a handful of others racers and show them to 10k random folks across the country and I'd be willing to bet she is the most recognizable ...

And 9/10 they would call her a NASCAR driver.. And nowadays, I guess that would even be correct. No more awkward "No, she races in IndyCar" "What's that?".

SarahFan
16th September 2011, 04:38
I agree nick....

Just sayin a very strong argument could be made she is in fact the most famous racer around

I certainly would bet against it

DanicaFan
16th September 2011, 08:20
1st Practice Session..
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/japanpractice1.jpg

Dr. Krogshöj
16th September 2011, 11:21
Will Power up front, what a surprise. I expect they will 4 to 5 seconds from the time, the Formula Nippon pole time was 1:35.0 this year

beachbum
16th September 2011, 12:00
..... add in a few media "stars" like Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, or Kate Gosselin and see where she falls.

Being a celebrity and media star doesn't require talent, just the ability to be outrageous.

Racing is a niche sport, so I wouldn't expect many of the 10K to even care about racing. I suspect most who would recognize her would call her that GoDaddy girl who apparently drives some sort of race car.

It has been shown over and over again that she doesn't move the needle much for Indy Car, regardless of what her faithful seem to think. While ESPN falls all over itself to promote her, the various NASCAR forums suggest the NASCAR fans aren't exactly accepting her with open arms.

BobbyC
16th September 2011, 12:11
They've also informed competitors there is a change to pit road. The competitors will not be using the regular pit lane for the 2.983 mile road course. They have built links to the oval pit lane so competitors will use the oval pit road by exiting Turn 14 and exiting just before Turn 2. Reportedly it was a safety issue as the wider pit lane will be welcome for competitors (the traditional F1-style pit garage complex is very tight and narrow; there are some F1 tracks where there are only 13 pit boxes!)

SarahFan
16th September 2011, 13:16
Not a strong showing by the ladies so far ..... And what's gotten into James jakes the past 3 races!!!

And are the indycars really 5 seconds slower than formula Nippon?

Lee Roy
16th September 2011, 14:35

Didn't her fame explode when she led those laps towards the end of an Indy 500 a few years ago? At that time the faithful saw her as the light that would lead Indy Car out of the darkness, which never happened. Is that why she gets these mulit-page mysoginistic rants?

garyshell
16th September 2011, 15:23
My Way - Sports News (http://sports.myway.com/news/09162011/v8715.html)

Four words of advice for Danica: Shut up and race.

Gary

garyshell
16th September 2011, 15:26
Didn't her fame explode when she led those laps towards the end of an Indy 500 a few years ago? At that time the faithful saw her as the light that would lead Indy Car out of the darkness, which never happened. Is that why she gets these mulit-page mysoginistic rants?

Not "THE faithful", "HER faithful". She will be YOUR problem soon enough. Actually no, NOT soon enough. Bye Danica, won't miss ya...

And to answer your last question, no the reason is because her attitude sucks and she thinks she is god's gift to racing, when she is nothing more than a mid field DRIVER not a RACER.

Gary

SoCalPVguy
16th September 2011, 15:36

You imply that any negative comment against a woman is "misogynistic". That is a false premise... you are just going to have to show us you NOW membership card ... LOL Any rant I make on the princess is centered around the fact that her ability & results do not match the hype of the her "brand" and would be made of any driver with such a disparity, regardless of race creed sex or color.

Not true:

mi·sog·y·nis·tic
[mih-soj-uh-nis-tik]
adjective
reflecting or exhibiting hatred, dislike, mistrust, or mistreatment of women.

banshee74
16th September 2011, 15:46

Nothing truer has been said on this forum!!! To compare princess to Vettel, Prost, and the immortal Senna is a slap in the face of anyone who has really put the effort out, sacrificed financially, crashed, got back up, works every week to refine their RACING talent, and maintains hope of getting the opportunities that successful racers aspire to.

The reason she gets all the criticism is the lack of any REAL accomplishment (other than "driving" around each lap), and her sense of entitlement. There are literally hundreds of racers (male AND female) that would do better in her car, but that only happens if the goal is racing and WINNING, not promoting some media hyped barely mediocre driver.

SarahFan
16th September 2011, 16:04
Leeroy....Sorry if ya don't want her, but She's all your brother... Enjoy

heliocastroneves#3
16th September 2011, 16:05
I compared princess with Vettel and all the other top drivers' to explain that she's nothing more then average... I never said she is as good as they are/were... Because she isn't and NEVER will be!

I just felt me called after banshee74's post, because I was the one who compared her with Vettel, Prost, Senna and Michael Schumacher.... But once again, I was only saying she's not a real deal like they are/were.. But that she's just average or even worse.

beachbum
16th September 2011, 16:18
Not a strong showing by the ladies so far ..... And what's gotten into James jakes the past 3 races!!!

One lap does not tell the story.

Some drivers put on new tires at the end of practice, so the times may not be completely representative. With the exception of Marco (who did run new tires) the AA and DRR cars were all near the "bottom" of the list, although the whole field was covered by 2 seconds - 102% (try to match that F1)

Marco and Power only had 1 lap within .5 of their quickest, while at the other end, Simona ran 7 laps within .5 second of her quickest. That suggests some were looking for one quick lap while others were working on longer run setups. I think the next practices will be better indicators.

As for Jakes, I think the difference is Bourdais. He has forced Coyne to up their game and he is very good at setup. That has to help Jakes

SarahFan
16th September 2011, 16:42
Hey beach .. .. I've been around awhile ... I understand it's the first practice....

Nothing more than a casual observation ..... Hence the 'so far'

Chris R
16th September 2011, 16:54
Hey beach .. .. I've been around awhile ... I understand it's the first practice....

Nothing more than a casual observation ..... Hence the 'so far'

I was gonna say, its the radiation...... :p :

DBell
16th September 2011, 16:58
You imply that any negative comment against a woman is "misogynistic". That is a false premise... you are just going to have to show us you NOW membership card ... LOL Any rant I make on the princess is centered around the fact that her ability & results do not match the hype of the her "brand" and would be made of any driver with such a disparity, regardless of race creed sex or color.

Not true:

mi·sog·y·nis·tic
[mih-soj-uh-nis-tik]
adjective

Well said SoCal and Garyshell. Maybe Lee Roy should take note that Simona, Anna, and Sarah (when she drove) don't get ripped here. Danica's attitude and mouth invite abuse and it would be impolite not to oblige. :p How long does everyone think it will take before the Nascar honeymoon is over and she's up there with Kyle Busch as the most disliked driver in the cabs? Probably won't equal Kyle because he's actually a good driver and gets results, which infuriates his haters even more. Danica won't get that same level of hate driving in the back of the field.

Anubis
16th September 2011, 17:27
I was gonna say, its the radiation...... :p :

As I recall, it was radiation that turned David Banner into the Hulk. Bearing that in mind, are we about to see people turn green and start ripping their clothes off? Not Danica, obviously, as she's already done that*, but everyone else?

*cue "hater" posts...

banshee74
16th September 2011, 17:42
I compared princess with Vettel and all the other top drivers' to explain that she's nothing more then average... I never said she is as good as they are/were... Because she isn't and NEVER will be!

I just felt me called after banshee74's post, because I was the one who compared her with Vettel, Prost, Senna and Michael Schumacher.... But once again, I was only saying she's not a real deal like they are/were.. But that she's just average or even worse.

My post was not intended to critic yours.....in the past several folks have proffered that Princess could race F1......Never!

garyshell
16th September 2011, 17:42

Not true:

mi·sog·y·nis·tic
[mih-soj-uh-nis-tik]
adjective

The key word there being "WOMEN" (note the plural inclusivness of the word). The usage here should be:

mi·sog·y·dan.i.ca.nis·tic
[mih-soj-uh-dan-i-kuh-nis-tik]
adjective
reflecting or exhibiting hatred, dislike, mistrust, or mistreatment of pricess Danica

BTW I have just tradmarked the term misogydanicanistic but othere are free to use it without renumeration.

Gary

DanicaFan
16th September 2011, 17:58
Here are the qualifying groups..

Group 1

#3 Helio Castroneves
#6 Ryan Briscoe
#77 Alex Tagliani
#34 Joao Paulo de Oliveira
#5 Takuma Sato
#4 JR Hildebrand
#82 Tony Kanaan
#28 Ryan Hunter-Reay
#59 EJ Viso
#83 Charlie Kimball
#38 Graham Rahal
#7 Danica Patrick
#24 Ana Beatriz

Group 2

#12 Will Power
#06 James Hinchcliffe
#26 Marco Andretti
#10 Dario Franchitti
#19 Sebastien Bourdais
#17 Hideki Mutoh
#18 James Jakes
#9 Scott Dixon
#14 Vitor Meira
#22 Giorgio Pantano
#27 Mike Conway
#2 Oriol Servia
#78 Simona De Silvestro

Lee Roy
16th September 2011, 18:52
Well said SoCal and Garyshell. Maybe Lee Roy should take note that Simona, Anna, and Sarah (when she drove) don't get ripped here.

But they've never been the great hope to lead Indy Car into a wider recognition by the general public.

Anyway, I don't care if she drives in NASCAR, it really doesn't bother me. She'll mess around in Nationwide for a while, then try to step up to cup, where she'll eventually disappear.

heliocastroneves#3
16th September 2011, 19:11
My post was not intended to critic yours.....in the past several folks have proffered that Princess could race F1......Never!

Ah sorry, then I said nothing. :D

I feel bad for DanicaFan that we're all bashing on princess... But sadly I can't handle her attitude anymore. She doesn't respect road racing it looks like.... Sometimes I think her first meters in go-kart were on an oval instead of a normal karting track..

DBell
16th September 2011, 20:12
But they've never been the great hope to lead Indy Car into a wider recognition by the general public.

Anyway, I don't care if she drives in NASCAR, it really doesn't bother me. She'll mess around in Nationwide for a while, then try to step up to cup, where she'll eventually disappear.

I can't speak for anyone else, but she's never been that to me. I didn't care about the IRL before it merged and became IndyCar. I was always on the CART/CC side of the fence during the split. I didn't mind her much when she was coming up and starting, but as the hype built sans results and she started believing her own hype and press and got the subsequent big head and ego, that's when I couldn't stand her.

Schumacher180, I like Danicafan just fine, I just don't like his favorite driver. And I never liked your namesake either. I assume it's Michael and not Ralph. You got have thick skin on matters like these. Just as Mario and Michael Andretti were favorites of mine back in the day and they get their share hate. You can't take it personally, at least as I see it.

heliocastroneves#3
16th September 2011, 21:01
That's true, but constantly bashing on someone's favorite driver isn't funny for the person who supports that driver.... I'm indeed a Michael Schumacher fan, and he proved in Belgium that he's still one of the greatest. :) I know I also bashed on princess, but I think I'm gonna stop with that anyway. :s mokin:

SarahFan
16th September 2011, 21:18
Schufan..

Then we can't bash on any driver....at some point every driver is sOmenones favorite...

numanoid
16th September 2011, 22:51
I'm surprised that this hasn't been posted..

New Japan earthquake rattles IndyCar crews | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com (http://www.indystar.com/article/20110915/SPORTS0107/109150417/New-Japan-earthquake-rattles-IndyCar-crews?odyssey=tab)

6.2 earthquake in Japan yesterday.

Were there any major earthquakes in Sonoma when Indycar was there?

DBell
16th September 2011, 23:52
I'm surprised that this hasn't been posted..

New Japan earthquake rattles IndyCar crews | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com (http://www.indystar.com/article/20110915/SPORTS0107/109150417/New-Japan-earthquake-rattles-IndyCar-crews?odyssey=tab)

6.2 earthquake in Japan yesterday.

Were there any major earthquakes in Sonoma when Indycar was there?

No, don't think there was. :) Nor was there one in Long Beach this year. But that doesn't mean there won't be one next year at either of those places. Or Fontana. It's the risk you take when you go to areas that have the seismic activity. California is one of the most active seismic areas in the world, more so than Japan by quite a bit. Funny how certain drivers or motorcycle riders don't wet their pants when it comes to going there, isn't it?

SoCalPVguy
17th September 2011, 00:21
As I recall, it was radiation that turned David Banner into the Hulk. Bearing that in mind, are we about to see people turn green and start ripping their clothes off?

If Danica turns green and starts ripping off her clothes ........... well......... I am there for THAT !!!

DBell
17th September 2011, 04:43
And are the indycars really 5 seconds slower than formula Nippon?

After looking up the specs for Formula Nippon, it's not a big surprise. The engines are based on the 3.5 IRL engines from Honda and Toyota and make over 600 hp. The key part is the car is about 200 lbs lighter than an IndyCar, a big advantage on a course like Motegi. Jeez I hope next years car is a significant jump forward on road and street courses.

DanicaFan
17th September 2011, 05:08
Final Practice Results..

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/japanpractice2.jpg

garyshell
17th September 2011, 05:33

Nor did anyone expect them to be, so what's your point?

Gary

DanicaFan
17th September 2011, 07:17
The 6 drivers moving on from Group 1 are..

#38 Graham Rahal
#3 Helio Castroneves
#6 Ryan Briscoe
#34 Joao Paulo de Oliveira
#83 Charlie Kimball
#5 Takuma Sato

DanicaFan
17th September 2011, 07:37
The 6 moving on from Group 2 are..

#9 Scott Dixon
#12 Will Power
#10 Dario Franchitti
#06 James Hinchcliffe
#18 James Jakes
#26 Marco Andretti

DanicaFan
17th September 2011, 07:56
The Firestone Fast 6 are...

#38 Graham Rahal
#12 Will Power
#06 James Hinchchliffe
#9 Scott Dixon
#6 Ryan Briscoe
#3 Helio Castroneves

DanicaFan
17th September 2011, 08:18
Scott Dixon gets the pole position.

heliocastroneves#3
17th September 2011, 09:22
Schufan..

Then we can't bash on any driver....at some point every driver is sOmenones favorite...

Thats true as well.... What happened with me yesterday? I guess too much beer... :p :

Anubis
17th September 2011, 15:01
Jakes in eighth? Decent effort!

SarahFan
17th September 2011, 15:11
Thats true as well.... What happened with me yesterday? I guess too much beer... :p :

:)

Where are you at schufan? What city?

garyshell
17th September 2011, 15:34
Danica Patrick, who had her only IndyCar win here in 2008, will start 23rd in her final IndyCar series road event. The final two races of the season in Kentucky and Las Vegas are on ovals. Patrick will make a full-time move to NASCAR next season.
"We had some problems with the gearbox today," Patrick said. "The car wasn't downshifting or upshifting properly. The last lap was the same as the two laps before and I know I lost time shifting the car."

Here's the full article: My Way - Sports News (http://sports.myway.com/news/09172011/v1420.html)

I repeat my previous admonishment to the princess: shut up and race the damn car. And don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Gary

numanoid
17th September 2011, 16:27
Wow, Dario starting 9th. Power #2. Could be a new points leader after this race.

DanicaFan
17th September 2011, 16:43
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/japanlineup.jpg

DBell
17th September 2011, 17:14
Wow, the qualifying order sure changed around from the practice sessions. Where did Marco come from? He'd been at the back of the time sheets and picks it up to 10th for qualies. Hinch continues to impress. He was always solid in the junior formulas, but I didn't expect him to shine as much as he has this year. Great attitude and personality as well. He's quickly become a favorite of mine.

:)

Where are you at schufan? What city?

I believe he said he was from Europe a while back. Dutch or maybe from Belgium, I can't recall which. I'm enjoying him. Nice addition to the forum.

heliocastroneves#3
17th September 2011, 17:19
Hey, I like those kind of reactions... Thanks! Well, I'm close to both Germany and Belgium.. Yup, I'm from The Netherlands, indeed, the country where Jos Verstappen also comes from. :D

Lousada
17th September 2011, 17:24
Hey, I like those kind of reactions... Thanks! Well, I'm close to both Germany and Belgium.. Yup, I'm from The Netherlands, indeed, the country where Jos Verstappen also comes from. :D

Limburger? You are not the only Dutch fan here :o

DBell
17th September 2011, 18:05

Jos Verstappen? Well, I still like you anyway. :p : Just kidding, I have nothing against Jos. It's just when ChampCar was still around, there was a running gag about the perennial "Jos is coming to ChampCar" stories. Year after year, he'd say he is close to announcing a deal to race in CC and year after year, nothing happened. We'd joke that he'd be 60 some day and announce on his website that he's close to a CC deal.

You ever go to Assen to see racing? Great track and really loved the old version before they changed it. I do some sim racing and in a sim called Grand Prix Legends, someone modeled the old track. I know it was for motorcycles, but it's fun to throw the 60's F1 cars around it. Ballsy track, the old one was. Modern one's still pretty good. I also loved the original Zandvoort. Shame they had to monkey around with that.

Your English a really good btw. If I didn't know where you were from, I wouldn't know English isn't your native language

heliocastroneves#3
18th September 2011, 04:30
Ah, thanks... Yup, I learned English when I started gaming... I dunno but I always did English on the highest level at school.. I'm very good in Dutch as well (I mean grammar etc. because talking Dutch never has been difficult for me), also many people told me that I was very good in languages... :) But I always sucked in maths. :p : I go to Zandvoort very often. Have been to Assen for the Superbikes this year and I also visited the ChampCar race there back in 2007, but I don't visit Assen that much.. While it's a great track by the way. I also loved the original Zandvoort... When the F1 drove there it was just a superb circuit. Now I still enjoy it going over there to visit it, but it's still a shame they changed the course like it's now.

I'm doing some sim racing as well, I'd play F1 Challenge '99-'02 and rFactor. For rFactor there is a very good F1 1979 mod and that mod includes a great trackpack, which of course includes that great old fast Zandvoort too.. Love it to drive around that circuit especially with the F1 1985 mod. :) What do you play alongside Grand Prix Legends by the way?

@Lousada: No, I'm not a Limburger... I come from Utrecht. ;)

SarahFan
18th September 2011, 05:01
I've been to Utrecht

craftygalinstl
18th September 2011, 05:07
What happened with Kanaan? Anything in particular? I was surprised to see him way in the back of the pack.

SarahFan
18th September 2011, 05:51
Why a full coarse yellow?

And why multiple laps?

SarahFan
18th September 2011, 05:56
Avoidable contact?

We will see

SarahFan
18th September 2011, 06:06
So that's Bs!!

Gave him a penalty ... But moved him to the back ... No drive thru!!!

anthonyvop
18th September 2011, 06:11
MotoGP qualifying, ALMS, Grand-Am and then cheered my 'Canes over Columbus Community College.......Now I am watching a glorified Time Attack event with a Race control that can't even line up the cars 2X2 for starts and restarts and apply penalties fairly to a certain Mr. Ashley Judd. Time to DVR this puppy. Good night.

SarahFan
18th September 2011, 07:08
Question. For the class?

On a restart doesn't p3 line up behind p1?

Clearly Marco was lined up behind will not scott on the last restart

DanicaFan
18th September 2011, 07:20
Congrats to Scott Dixon for the win. The commentary tonight was absolutely hilarious. I loved Robin Miller's comments.

craftygalinstl
18th September 2011, 07:36
Robin Miller: "Sarah Fisher is the only driver to have given birth to a baby....but some of these team owners look like they are about to give birth."

heliocastroneves#3
18th September 2011, 07:58
Really enjoyed the race, Dixon deserved the win... What a mistake from Dario.. :(

heliocastroneves#3
18th September 2011, 09:17
Brainfail has put Hélio to P22 instead of P7.... This is indeed ABSURD as Hélio said on his twitter. :(

SoCalPVguy
18th September 2011, 16:02
My take on the race:

Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring. I initially was glad it was on live at 9-pm pacific time, but i fell asleep by 1030... Wire to wire win for Dixon, great job by him, but what a snore-fest.

Now..... About TGBB... if there is a more incompetent inconsistent clown in racing I sure don't know about it. What a disgrace to ICS !!!! I guess if you are the 'crowd favorite' (cough cough franchitti cough cough) you do not get the same drive through penalty that lesser names get for the exact same offense... And then there is the after the fact penalty on helio crashout neves. But helio should probably keep his mouth shut otherwise TGBB might review the 2002 500 and make PT the winner after the fact.

They should just throw the ICS rule book in the dumpster and just replace it with ... "ICS Rules: What TGBB said". TGBB Must go ! Even the broadcasters paid by ICS commented on TGBB's inconsistency in a critical way.

SoCalPVguy
18th September 2011, 16:07
whoops sorry duplicate

SoCalPVguy
18th September 2011, 16:13
I see nobody is commenting on the pre-race comments from The Princess on "driving like a Brazilian" and Tony Kanaan's retort "because she can't" ...

My Take: Kanaan drives like a Brazilian, Danica gets waxed like a Brazilian.

DanicaFan
18th September 2011, 16:46
Check out these quotes from Helio...

Castroneves was livid afterward when he returned to the Team Penske “Hut” that was used as team offices at Motegi. Because it was an international race teams didn’t have their transporters in Japan.

“This is Bull (bleep),” Castroneves told RPM2Night.com. “It’s BS what they are doing. They have no rules. I’ve had enough of this. I hope they get fired. If Brian Barnhart (INDYCAR president of competition) wants to talk to me he has my number and he better call me because he needs to man up. He is a wussy.”

About an hour after Castroneves’ conversation he posted a scathing response on Twitter.

“It is sad to see one person being responsible for bringing down an entire series,” Castroneves said on Twitter. “Brian Barnhart is inconsistent and even changes the rule book when is convenient for him, and his own personal interests. In the same race in international television he penalizes some but not others. Making the famous @paultracy’s words mine: Barnhart is a circus clown! Very disappointed for finishing 7th and being put to 22nd. This is ABSURD!!! Just expressing my feelings right now.”

heliocastroneves#3
18th September 2011, 17:31
Hélio, forget this race.. Because I know you will come in victory lane at Kentucky, you can do it!

By the way: After someone told me Hélio got penalized because he passed under yellow, I don't understand why he's so mad. Because passing under yellow isn't allowed. But Barnhart remains to be an inconsistent gut in my opinion.

DBell
18th September 2011, 22:54
I started watching the race waiting for my stepson to come home for his 12:30 curfew.

Unbelievably lousy start. Still cars coming through the tunnel while the leaders sprint off by themselves.

Next comes the predictable fuel mileage parade. Ridiculous caution, followed by another ridiculous restart.

Dario dive bombs and the favorite son gets no meaningful penalty. Did anyone really think that he would?

Another normal dismal restart.

Robin and Wally are disgusted by Barnhart's inconsistency. I find myself unable to find any disgust as after race after race of this, year after year of this, I find that well has run dry. Barnhart is consistent in his inconsistency and he will be next year as well. He's not going anywhere. Apathy has me under it's control when it comes to IndyCar. IndyCar is just plain dull, for me anyways.

After being subjected to the Honda Civic "I'm a Ninja" commercial again, and finding myself wishing the girl in the mask would take her samurai sword and commit Hari Kari, I decide that IndyCar has made me sleepy with it's dullness and turn in.

In the morning, I just delete the race off the dvr, not caring who won.

I think I'm done. I don't plan on watching the final races. I can't even work up an ounce of caring on who wins the championship. I remember thinking last night, that even with the new car next year, it won't matter to me. They will still be running for fuel mileage, Barnhart will still be running Race Out Of Control. Time to move on. I'll still come to the forum because I enjoy it and I'll keep up that way, but there will be one less viewer watching on tv.

I also agree with Ken(Sarahfan). Randy will be shown the door and Tony George will make his return. Maybe not as soon as Ken thinks. but at some point in the future. Randy lost me when he refused to get rid of Brainfart and make changes in ROOC. Instead, he gave him his support. Deal breaker for me. He lost all credibility with me on that alone.

DBell
18th September 2011, 23:29
Ah, thanks... Yup, I learned English when I started gaming... I dunno but I always did English on the highest level at school.. I'm very good in Dutch as well (I mean grammar etc. because talking Dutch never has been difficult for me), also many people told me that I was very good in languages... :) But I always sucked in maths. :p : I go to Zandvoort very often. Have been to Assen for the Superbikes this year and I also visited the ChampCar race there back in 2007, but I don't visit Assen that much.. While it's a great track by the way. I also loved the original Zandvoort... When the F1 drove there it was just a superb circuit. Now I still enjoy it going over there to visit it, but it's still a shame they changed the course like it's now.

I'm doing some sim racing as well, I'd play F1 Challenge '99-'02 and rFactor. For rFactor there is a very good F1 1979 mod and that mod includes a great trackpack, which of course includes that great old fast Zandvoort too.. Love it to drive around that circuit especially with the F1 1985 mod. :) What do you play alongside Grand Prix Legends by the way?

@Lousada: No, I'm not a Limburger... I come from Utrecht. ;)

I play some rFactor also. I like the 79 mod as well as F185. The 1975 F1 mod is also superb. The 79 Zandvoort is good, althought it does have a slight change from the original circuit. It has the chicane on the backside of track that was put in in the 70's. There is a Zandvoort 67 that is converted from GPL without the chicane. If you don't know of rfactorcentral.com, you can get it there. If you haven't tried the Cart Factor mod, give it a try. It's one of the best mods made for rFactor. Professional quality by IDT. I also play a mod for GTR2 called The Power and The Glory. It's based on 60's GT cars. It's really well done.

zako85
19th September 2011, 09:40
Kudos to Dixon for running a flawless race. He deserved a win. However, the race was indeed boring, and in my view, it's just another race in a long succession of boring IndyCar races. I can't even remember what was the last IndyCar race that was truly engaging to watch. I think it was Iowa. I can't help but to contrast these last few races to F1. Even though, in my view, 2011 F1 championship had been decided months ago, all of the recent races were fun to watch (all were the core European F1 races that are the jewels of the F1 season IMO).

Andrewmcm
19th September 2011, 11:52
Just out of interest, which bits of the oval were sufficiently damaged to render it unusable? The long camera angles on tv made it look like it was in good condition.

00steven
19th September 2011, 15:21
Indycar needs a chief steward who's not afraid of kicking some ass. Wally Dallenbach anyone?

heliocastroneves#3
19th September 2011, 16:17
If Tony George comes' back, does that mean more ovals? :D

Would really love it if the schedule would be oval only, just to see Danica's face when that happened just immediately after she made the move to NASCAR. :D

@DBell: What about the IZOD IndyCar Series 2010 mod? I think it's damn good!

Nikki Katz
19th September 2011, 20:32
Was Castroneves' penalty for overtaking under yellow on the last lap? I don't see why he's so angry about that. I'd love to see fewer cautions in IndyCar, but that's never going to happen if drivers ignore local yellows.

I thought it was an ok race, though one with bizarre commentry in places - the first half there seemed to be a load of dead air, then the second half they got the giggles...

I do agree with the commentators about Franchitti's penalty, but I was more annoyed that Bourdais didn't get one. I don't think that, after a great qualifying where he clearly outpaced Saavedra's probable pace, that de Oliveira had a good race. He caused a crash fairly early, then broke down but pulled the car onto a part of the track that they had to put the safety car out to get to. Didn't quite see what happened between the KVs at the end.

Jag_Warrior
19th September 2011, 20:47
Is there a replay scheduled on VS?

heliocastroneves#3
19th September 2011, 21:10
With some days the full race might be on YouTube or something. I don't know, because I have to watch IndyCar via livestreams as they don't broadcast IndyCar in The Netherlands... I think it's worth watching it anyway.

DBell
19th September 2011, 23:09
Is there a replay scheduled on VS?

Jag, I think they were to replay it Sunday night. You didn't miss anything, judging by the 30+ laps I saw. Running for fuel mileage, Barnhart doing his usual, same ol', same ol'. No sense in wasting a couple hours of your life on that.

@schumacher180: No I haven't tried the IndyCar mod. I've heard from others that it was good, but my interest tend to lie with more historic stuff, 60's, 70's, etc. The CART mods are the most recent era's of mods I have. Besides, in the words of Paul Tracy, "I ain't driving no crapwagon". PT may have changed his mind, but I'm not. :D

SoCalPVguy
20th September 2011, 00:19
If Tony George comes' back, does that mean more ovals?

No, it means I am DONE DONE DONE with indycar (as well as every indycar fan I know)

Mark in Oshawa
20th September 2011, 08:35
Tony returns, you might as well stick a fork in it....

heliocastroneves#3
20th September 2011, 15:27
Well, I already said 100 times I'm done with F1 for an example... But I still watch it.. :S

Jag_Warrior
20th September 2011, 18:00
Jag, I think they were to replay it Sunday night. You didn't miss anything, judging by the 30+ laps I saw. Running for fuel mileage, Barnhart doing his usual, same ol', same ol'. No sense in wasting a couple hours of your life on that.

Ah, thanks. I was out and don't have a Season Pass set up on Tivo for these races. Sounds like I shouldn't be too torn up that I missed it, eh?

I did finally get a chance to watch the GP2 Silverstone round late last week. Wow!!!!!!!!! :bounce: Now THAT was a race!

maxmach
22nd September 2011, 17:38
Just wondering why Seabass didn't get a penelty, that was a good NFL type punt of RHR.......... still thinking SB might have the drive of the year, damn that feels strange to say......