PDA

View Full Version : can Hamilton drive all races like australia?

DimitraF1
20th March 2007, 16:48
i think that he will struggle more and more as the season comes forward... new tracks for him, he will struggle to get the best possible setup for the car .He will be lucky to score points.As for australia, all teams behind struggle to get the best out of their cars and as soon as they develop they will get closer to the front,and maybe to the rookie Hamilton.Thats my opinion...With Massa - kimi in front,alonso,the 2 renaults and also bmw, he will be lucky be their.

jjanicke
20th March 2007, 16:54
I see no reason why he wouldn't.

He was simply amazing in GP2 and just has that Kimi like raw speed and racing smarts. This kid is going to be brilliant in the races and years to come.

I'm willing to go as far to say I believe he will end up in the top 4 WDC during 2007.

20th March 2007, 17:02
If he is as good as his results and career so far suggest he could be, he has the potential to run every race close to it's possible optimum.

But no matter how great a driver, there will inevitably be times in their rookie season when even the greats don't get the best possible result due simply to inexperience.

Hamilton will probably have days when he doesn't produce a race performance of the like seen in Melbourne, but he looks as though he is capable of keeping those days to a minimum.

Ian McC
20th March 2007, 17:18
A lot of these tracks he will have done in GP2 so they wont be new. My only concern is that in Australia he pushed to the limit and a couple of laps he lost time by pushing a little too far, it is possible that this may result in an off in an upcoming race.

Big Ben
20th March 2007, 18:15
i think that he will struggle more and more as the season comes forward... new tracks for him, he will struggle to get the best possible setup for the car .He will be lucky to score points.As for australia, all teams behind struggle to get the best out of their cars and as soon as they develop they will get closer to the front,and maybe to the rookie Hamilton.Thats my opinion...With Massa - kimi in front,alonso,the 2 renaults and also bmw, he will be lucky be their.

All teams will develop except Mclaren which will spend the rest of the season waiting for them? He will struggle because he will be racing on the unknown race tracks of Europe? Is it going to get more and more difficult with every race ? is that how experience works?

I donīt say things will always work so smoothly for him for the rest of the season or for the seasons to come. He has a good car and did a good job. And I think he ll improve his skills with every race.

I donīt really get the logic of your theory

sills
20th March 2007, 18:56
Hamilton is a Driver with amazing Potential as he showed in Australia, But infarness who else is there in Formula 1 KIMI, Fellipe, Fernando and then the 4th best not many there id say Hamilton is probley 4th best because the Quality of drivers goes down hill with the quality of the cars.

For HAmilton to do well is all he has to do is drive his race dont listen to other peoples stupid comments and I mean and

THE MEDIA NOT TO BLOW THE LAD UP LIKE THEY DID WITH BUTTON IF THEY LEAVE HIM ALONE AND LET HIM GET ON WITH HIS JOB HE'LL BE A REAL STAR, THE MEDIA RUIN SO MANY DRIVERS BY BLOWING THEM UP JUST LET HIM WORK HIS WAY INTO IT AND HE'LL BE THERE

Narr
20th March 2007, 19:18
australia was also a new track for LH; new tracks don't appear to be a problem for the guy. Lewis was also able to keep a 2 times WDC behind him and that's got to speak volumes for his talent.

Donney
20th March 2007, 20:14
I think he could, let's see if it happens but why not?

jens
20th March 2007, 20:14
Drive all races like in Australia? Does it mean you think that he is gonna finish consistently on podium unless he has a mechanical trouble? That is extremely unlikely. I suppose he is not going to achieve a podium place even from at least half of the races to come.

Hazell B
20th March 2007, 20:19
With his talent I'm sure he could manage to remain among the very best this season, but feel it's really unfair to expect it from somebody so new to F1.

So yes, but no :s

jens
20th March 2007, 20:44
Well, for a rookie it's extremely tough to be competitive for the whole season. I'm convinced that sooner or later there will be a faithful driver error or in wet conditions wants dry/wet tyres too early/late or whatever. Give him some time and let's not put too high hopes on him on his debut season.

BeansBeansBeans
20th March 2007, 23:54
I expect he'll make a few errors as the season progresses, but I can still see him appearing on the podium a few more time before the season is out. Even on the top step once or twice. The boy is special.

truefan72
20th March 2007, 23:58
All teams will develop except Mclaren which will spend the rest of the season waiting for them? He will struggle because he will be racing on the unknown race tracks of Europe? Is it going to get more and more difficult with every race ? is that how experience works?

I donīt say things will always work so smoothly for him for the rest of the season or for the seasons to come. He has a good car and did a good job. And I think he ll improve his skills with every race.

I donīt really get the logic of your theory

I agree eu , neither do I

kalasend
20th March 2007, 23:59
LH is extremely talented and the only thing I can see robbing his confidence away are the usual media hypes, especially those surrounding British drivers.

So here's to LH's management: Just for one season, don't let him go to TV shows, interviews (except race-related conf). Make his performances the only way for him to get publicity, just like his career so far.

BeansBeansBeans
21st March 2007, 00:03
So here's to LH's management: Just for one season, don't let him go to TV shows, interviews (except race-related conf). Make his performances the only way for him to get publicity, just like his career so far.

He already appears in a very high profile Vodafone advertisment.

The fact is, he is an extremely talented and marketable young man driving for a top team. If he is at the front regularly this year, he's going to be splashed all over the media. That's just the way it is.

I reckon he's got a good head on his shoulders, so hopefully the attention won't phase him.

raikk
21st March 2007, 04:15
No.... Because he is human.. Even Schumi wouldn't be able to repeat a certain result 17 times because he is again human.. I think he can get close to it though.. I predict he will have 7 podiums this year.. 1 win

wmcot
21st March 2007, 05:03
He'll do well, but he's not perfect and it is his first season in F1 so let's be realistic. He will have the occasional off-day. That's not saying that he doesn't have gobs of talent! One worry is that he idolizes RD, so that could go horribly wrong if there is a falling out.

Ian McC
21st March 2007, 06:00
He'll do well, but he's not perfect and it is his first season in F1 so let's be realistic. He will have the occasional off-day. That's not saying that he doesn't have gobs of talent! One worry is that he idolizes RD, so that could go horribly wrong if there is a falling out.

He owes McLaren a lot, can't see him switching teams anytime soon.

aryan
21st March 2007, 07:50
As most people have said, he has that special talent to stay on the top, but I also feel like he will have his bad days as well. That would only be natural, he had them in GP2 too.

But, I think it's pretty easy to say that as time goes by, he will get more experience and should only improve. I expect to see him half a dozen times on the podium, and if McLaren suddenly don't become uncompetitive, he certainly can be in the top 4 by the end of the season.

F1boat
21st March 2007, 10:14
It depends. Surely he is talented, but how much? Nico started well last season and then he faded, but maybe the car was to blame. How will Lewis react if Alonso is clearly favoured? How he will fare on tracks, which he knows, but with different cars? How will McLaren progress the season?
We must wait and see.

jas123f1
21st March 2007, 10:34

Yes, i'm sure he can. If everything works for Alonso it will do it for Hamilton too, provided that the car is ok. He has BIG talang for driving and will the rookie of the year - thats my opinion.

wedge
21st March 2007, 11:29

Australia was a new circuit for LH. The conditions kept changing throughout free practice. Wet/dry on Friday, wet/dry on Saturday and never once did LH have a serious off. For me that was bloody impressive.

McLaren have a car thats quick and driveable straight out of the box.

For sure there will be bad days GPs. All LH has to do is do a better job than Fisi and keep up with Alonso at the very least.

Simmi
21st March 2007, 11:31
Well in terms of the next round at Sepang Lewis will be getting two full days testing next week at the track, so that must surely even things up a bit seen as Fernando will be sitting in a simulator in Woking by the sounds of it.

Valentino Rossi Boy
21st March 2007, 11:53
I think that Hamilton will continue his form into the other races even thought he doesn't konw some of the tracks

DimitraF1
21st March 2007, 15:00
good thread ha?:P

Hazell B
21st March 2007, 19:16
He already appears in a very high profile Vodafone advertisment.

The fact is, he is an extremely talented and marketable young man driving for a top team. If he is at the front regularly this year, he's going to be splashed all over the media. That's just the way it is.

I reckon he's got a good head on his shoulders, so hopefully the attention won't phase him.

The point is that he shouldn't be appearing on TV shows like Parkinson and Question of Sport. The advert he did isn't having any impact at all on him as a man now, it was filmed some time ago. Pictures in papers don't matter, so long as paps don't hassle him on his day off. Kalasend's point is not to heap presure on him now and this season. I agree with that. Frankly, I've no interest in what he thinks of other drivers and what colour underwear he has on today. I just want to watch a driver drive!

I can't see that media scrum happening yet, he'll have a good team keeping him away from talk shows and media questions day and night. Something Button should have tried before his career became 90% hype, 10% racing.

stevie_gerrard
22nd March 2007, 00:48
I can see his season being up and down, depending on how far he pushes the car. but he is a brilliant driver, and he will have picked up a few tips from his time in GP2, i think hes possibly the best driver to come out of GP2 for a long long time.