PDA

View Full Version : Autosport 1000km

big_sw2000
1st September 2011, 15:22
Anyone going up to Silverstone next weekend.
I hear there will be a few group C cars on display. As its the 35th annervisery of the Autosport 1000kms.
And a good entry list this year, with 2 Audi,s. And 3 Peugeots. Should be a good day.

IceWizard
1st September 2011, 22:31
I'll be going. As you say, should be a good day, especially with being able to roam round the track and sit in any grandstand unlike for the F1.

wedge
8th September 2011, 13:43
Heavy rain forecast for Sunday. Might have to rethink about Sunday as its the highlight of the year for me.

Yes, I am a big girl's blouse when it comes to spectating in the rain!

big_sw2000
8th September 2011, 21:20
Not a nice place when its wet Silverstone, and windy

Tom206wrc
10th September 2011, 16:55
Fantastic Simon Pagenaud !!! In pole !!! :bounce:

Tom206wrc
11th September 2011, 19:58
Great job Sébastien Bourdais and Simon Pagenaud !!! :cool: :up:

Wim_Impreza
12th September 2011, 09:17
Heavy rain forecast for Sunday. Might have to rethink about Sunday as its the highlight of the year for me.

Yes, I am a big girl's blouse when it comes to spectating in the rain!

It was very sunny in Silverstone yesterday...

wedge
12th September 2011, 14:57
It was very sunny in Silverstone yesterday...

The forecast was changing by the day. I checked on Saturday night that Northampton was dry and sunny, Buckingham was expecting a light shower in the late afternoon.

That's our British weather for you, sun when you least expect it!

What a great race! Where to start? So many incidents. Audi thinking they own every piece of asphalt as usual.

Congrats to super sub Simon for keeping out of trouble with traffic.

The first few hours had a great battle of the lead, a couple of fantastic overtaking moves on pit straight.

I was so engrossed that it took a few hours till started walking round the track but never managed to walk round the whole track - which is normally unusual for me.

Spectating notes:

Silverstone desperately needs to sort out the astroturf.

Silverstone desperately needs to sort out access into The Wing portion probably via access tunnel over Winter.

Props to Silverstone for allowing access on Becketts grandstand - which usually doesn't happen.

Props to Ant for stopping off at RLM wearing his commentators hat on as well as a Peugeot and providing unbiased insights.

Timing & scoring & car LED lights fail.