PDA

View Full Version : Missing opportunity...

FIAT1
31st August 2011, 14:47
Last month Indycar has received nothing but bad press that made them look like a amateur racing club (hmm). They are testing new car and not one article in mainstream media was written obout it. They have attenion of media focus on Danica ,BB, no 5 mil vegas and empty stands, instead building up hype obout new car, they are defending lost cause. They should invest some money and send vacation package to every writer and news sportscaster in the country to start talking Indycar. They have a new car and fans don't know nothing obout progress , speed , sound etc. I remeber nascar promoting their tractor of tomorrow for the whole year. I Don't understand. Missed opportunity or plain stupid.

SarahFan
31st August 2011, 15:03
Didn't we have this same thread a couple weeks ago?

FIAT1
31st August 2011, 15:26
Didn't we have this same thread a couple weeks ago?

Please forgive me tread police. Congrats you have onther one.

SarahFan
31st August 2011, 15:31
Lighten up Francis...

Bottom line is indycar cannot force anyone to report on the new car ....

I gaurantees they have sent out press releases..... But at the end of the day the new car just isn't enough different from the current car to warrant much press ..

FIAT1
31st August 2011, 16:01
Lighten up Francis...

Bottom line is indycar cannot force anyone to report on the new car ....

I gaurantees they have sent out press releases..... But at the end of the day the new car just isn't enough different from the current car to warrant much press ..

I'm not going to analyze a new car, because I don't know nothing obout new car performance and that is my point. My tread is more obut a story to tell and they are missing it, not a car specs. Nascar did not have radical change and it is same looking car for years but they talk obut it forever. Indycar can't force press but they can bribe them with gifts like others and abc ,vesus brodcast can sure give 5 min to put out some video with fresh sound and some speedy shots. What would be wrong with that. I know, good old days 900 turbo , skill to master mmachine like that. I miss it too!

Jag_Warrior
2nd September 2011, 23:45
no 5 mil vegas and empty stands,

The Vegas race has been called off or just the $5 million mystery prize? I totally missed anything about this.

uncommonsense52
3rd September 2011, 00:19
The Vegas race has been called off or just the $5 million mystery prize? I totally missed anything about this.

Neither, this is just severe overreaction.

SarahFan
3rd September 2011, 00:42
No it's not.... The 5mil challenge is not going to happen.... The window has closed on both announcing any takers and to secure the insurance policy

10k and .7 will be a failure

The. Series can't get to china fast enough for this fan

FIAT1
3rd September 2011, 01:30

Nothing was called off, It was more reference to new car to be used as tool for advertising, nothing more. Speaking of 5mil, I believe chamionship should be that much. That woul bring some talent on all fronts including talk in the press. My opinion.

mac miller
3rd September 2011, 04:11
Frankly, after looking over the new specracer for anything new or interesting, I can assure you that "it ain't all that".

Actually, The only thing that the irl might be able to promote with a little catch phrase is....
"Don't miss your last chance to see Danica before she leaves for the big leagues"

mac miller in INDY

Adamfree
3rd September 2011, 04:39
It is somewhat unfathomable. Randy is making a huge mistake in defending that idiot, BB. It is as if TGBB is intentionally rubbing RB's snoot in it with him actions at SONOMA (please don't defend Pantano thing, it was garbage) not only was Pantano's drive wonderful and Bourdais as well it was a fun race to watch and then, ONCE AGAIN, strange and dumb calls that take attention away from the race and put them back on moronic BB calls. I agree with FIAT 1 start talking up the car stop shooting yourselves in the foot INDYCAR.

anthonyvop
4th September 2011, 00:00
Not seeing any "official" video of the new car on track is worrying.

Mark in Oshawa
7th September 2011, 19:29
The lack of news footage of the new car is troubling....but that is something that can be solved tomorrow by showing us something....

Anything to get the heat off BB you would think they would be all over...